What I would like In GR:FS

Natethegreat24

This is my first post so.....

Storyline

Have it set around 2017-18 in some middle eastern country (counter terrorism) ,south america (stop drug trafficing by assasinating drug lords) or maybe Darfour (bring peace). Try to end the game to where it flows into the events of END WAR.

Gameplay

DO NOT HAVE A COVER SYSTEM. it makes the game feel more like an arcade game

do not rely as much on gadgets

have more open world maps (forest/desert) as well as urban maps

go prone

First person

lean feature instead of cover

do not have imaginary weapons (MRC) stick with SCAR, M16a4, Etc.

Smarter AI

Multiplayer

10v10 or 8v8 with random AI

surprise me....

maybe even have "hot spots" that are around the world that your team can drop into and play against AI or players..........

In conclusion that is what a want in a sequel to ghost recon.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am easy-going and trust the developers in making another great experience for our clan.

I have only one request. To our clan-weekends where we are typically 10 gamers, GR series offers something that cannot be found elsewhere in tactical shooting. Coop mode for 10 players. Trying not to be pessimistic, GRAW offered 16 players while GRAW2 only supported 12 players. Going to 8 would be a disaster for us.

Please keep coop support for at least 10 players (preferably more).

Coop is very important in having fun when not all players are at same level.

Best

Troels

Storyline

Have it set around 2017-18 in some middle eastern country (counter terrorism) ,south america (stop drug trafficing by assasinating drug lords) or maybe Darfour (bring peace). Try to end the game to where it flows into the events of END WAR.

Gameplay

go prone

First person

Smarter AI

Multiplayer

surprise me....

maybe even have "hot spots" that are around the world that your team can drop into and play against AI or players..........

**Update**

I thought about this thread more and more and would like to update a few of my personal oppinions....

Boot up the Multiplayer to 16 vs 16 with NO AI (though it works for flashpoint sometimes, it still is not the best rought yet)

um..... I would love if ghost recon went back to its roots as a realistic tactical shooter....

I play co-op campaigns online all the time with GRaw2. I wish the maps from Graw1 could also be played when playing Graw2. So, for the new GRAW, it would be immensely popular among the online players if the maps from ALL previous GRAW games would be included in it. While I am very much looking forward to the new GRAW and the new maps, etc., I know I can speak for all of my hardcore buddies playing online, that we'd love to be able to play all of the older maps too.

• 1 month later...

Hello GR.NET !! :D

I played GR1 back in the day for many years and carried on with GRAW2 on the 360 which I also played for a long time.

I still think GRAW2 is a hell of alot better than the majority of fps out to this day because it can involve team work and tactics.

I would like to see:

Customisation of weapons scopes, attachments, grips possible double mags just things to make you feel abit more special forces.

I did like the different head gear you could choose in GRAW2 but I would like to see it go abit further with the player being able to choose webbing, assault vests, combat armour, fatigues, t-shirts and clothes in general to once again give you abit more of a special forces feel. Oh and being able to choose some hardcore special forces beards would be nice :rocky:

Like suggest before I would like to see the sniper rifles sorted out running and gunning with a .50 rifle was shockingly unrealistic.

I would not like to see:

Those damn sensors from GR1 and drones from GRAW2 because for me it really brought the game down to the same level as COD, I really don't see the fun in knowing exactly where the enemy is.

I personally didn't like the direction Ghost Recon went with the Advanced Warfighter bit with all the technology. I'd like to see it stripped down to good ol' fashioned soldiering, no drones, no mules, just gritty realistic firefights.

Oh and to edit this bit in on single player I really enjoyed what GR1, GR2 did with being able to use multi-national special forces soldiers not to be disrespectful but I'm getting increasingly bored with having to play US forces all the time I play a war orientated game.

Edited by TangoEchoAlpha

I respectfully disagree with almost everything, first how can do you equate a cover system with the word "arcade"?

Having served briefly in the army I can tell you one of the first things you learn in basic training is the concept of cover/concealment, the different types of cover, different ways of taking cover, how to approach, etc. It is an essential element of any semi-realistic shooter. Besides you don't have to uses the cover system in the game if that is not your preference, but don't take it away for everyone else.

Also I certainly don't want to see this game as an FPS, I would be very reluctant to buy it if they went in that direction. To me the FPS genre is both way overdone and also very unrealistic. You basically have no peripheral vision and are forced to completely turn your body to see what the hell is going on.

Plus I like seeing the player model on screen, it creates more of a connection. (I would actually like if you could customize the gear in single-player.

Edited by Malikstarks

You do realize that even a 3rd person view is unrealistic also do you not? You cannot see the back of your head or around corners or objects when standing next to them. Do you also know that GR started life as a FPS and not a mashup of a 1st person and 3rd person game? Many feel that when Ubi implemented the over the shoulder view it drastically changed the way the game is played.

The Tac-Sim genre that RSE developed with Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear showed even more maturity with GR and now that genre of FPS games is severely lacking and is why many are asking for a return of GR to it's roots. GR was a huge success for RSE and ultimately, Ubi and they changed the forumula. Even though they sold more games of the AW variety, those who played those have moved on to other games. Those who play GR still play. I can't quote numbers for console gamers, but for PC gamers, the numbers are similar if not moreso for those who play the original.

Ubi threw out the baby with the bathwater when they went the GRAW route.

• 3 weeks later...

:santa: great story line but what do you mean by imaginary weapons and what gadgets.

Storyline

Gameplay

go prone

First person

Smarter AI

Multiplayer

surprise me....