Ghost Recon.net Forums
lexsis

District 9

Yes it looks good. I like the documentary style parts of the trailer. Reminds me of Cloverfield in a way. I see Peter Jackson's got his name attached to it. I might ask Ubi to attach my name to the next GR PC release. My endorsement won't affect their sales, despite their predictable lack of marketing spend and ultimate lack of technical support :)

DS

I hope D9 is NOT made like a documentary but rather a movie. I liked Cloverfield but it would have been so much better done a regular movie. I mean think about it, I giant creature destroying manhattan !!

kinda dumb though while your friends are being attacked by aliens in the subway, youre filming instead of helping. I hated that scene.

I liked Cloverfield...kinda dumb though while your friends are being attacked by aliens in the subway, youre filming instead of helping. I hated that scene.

Really?...we are in the camera phone/digital camera generation. I have no doubt that the scene could happen!

Yeah, looks cool. Kinda reminded me of Children of Men. Same style of shooting and such.
I don't see the Children of Men similarity, but that is a great film. First impressions for me with District 9 are; War Of The Worlds/Independence Day/Transformers. However, that's only going off the trailers.

DS

Never heard of this one before, looks good, a new alien movie, giddie up!

Children of men was great., thats the kind of movie Id like to see as trilogy. movies that draw me into them., movies that have a story that I can relate to. its fiction but at the same time its the present.

Children of men was great., thats the kind of movie Id like to see as trilogy. movies that draw me into them., movies that have a story that I can relate to. its fiction but at the same time its the present.
If you like Clive Owen, rent The Inside Man. It's a bank robbery genre film directed in a seventies style.

Peter Jackson's going to be busy over the next few years with two Hobbit films, two Tin Tin films and a film about the Dam Busters. I'm not sure how the latter will work. The original classic film was made over fifty years ago, we all have a good grasp of the the story, but apart from interviews and documents released since, what could draw you into the cinema?

DS

Inside man was good. I have shoot em up also but I havent watched it yet, sin city of course and lemme see what else., lol.

the hobbit looks good too but I didnt know he was doing 2 of them.

caught it this morning, quiet a different film that one...almost gave up on it but Jackson and friends came through overall IMO...get to see the actual size of an NTW and it is a huge rifle..won't spoil anything else here. Check out the website first, go through training its worth it...

Addendum - OH and the Children of Men reference kinda makes me chuckle...

mig :ph34r:

Would be cool if this was the sleeper hit of the summer. It's more true "sci-fi" (exploring social issues with aliens) than say ... Transformers 2 (blowing #$%# up) and only made with like ... $30 mill.

And it's a totally original story as opposed to the franchise movies (Star Trek) or toy tie-ins (GI Joe)

Yes it looks good. I like the documentary style parts of the trailer. Reminds me of Cloverfield in a way. I see Peter Jackson's got his name attached to it. DS

After watching the trailer I had to look for JJ Abrams name in the youtube comments. Cloverfield is exactly what I thought of. Then I rolled my eyes and thought, 'ah man, not another Abrams show.' The Cloverfield trailer was better than the movie, what I thought it might be was not at all what the movie turned out to be.

Anyway, there's a real shortage of good movies these days and I hope this one turns out to be an great Sci-Fi. It would take some true genius to pull it off. Good luck to them. heh

I would give it an 8/10. It was quite good, actually, I liked it more than Transformers 2. I don't think I liked it as much as Children of Men though... dunno.... can't quite put my finger on it....

As for other sci-fi movies coming out in the long term, the trailer for Avatar was recently released and Book of Eli is looking good (reminds me of Fallout 3 a lot).

Just saw it. Two thumbs up. Well, if you're the kind of person who can accept the premise of aliens landing on Earth.

BTW, DO NOT watch the trailers (if you haven't already); they give away too much of the movie.

What it reminded me of most of all was the

short movies made to promote Halo 3. Not surprising, since the the director is the same: Neill Blomkamp.