layoffs at GRIN... [Studio now closed!]

This is a disaster.

In spite of their flaws, for me the GRAW series were the best games I have ever played. And I would ask all of us now including those of us on this website who were most critical of the GRAW series to stop and count up the nember of hours they spent playing these games and then apply those hours to some other pastime like going to a baseball game or going to see a movie. How many hours of good entertainment have we all had playing these games. It becomes clear that games like Ghost Recon are such a huge bang for the entertainment dollar. And they are right there at our fingertips. Just turn on the computer.

So, for all the long hard hours put in by the people at GRIN so that I can sit on my butt in a dark room and let my imagination go crazy I can think of no better salute than to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the hours spent screaming obscenities at my computer screen. You will be missed. :(

OldGhost

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for all the long hard hours put in by the people at GRIN so that I can sit on my butt in a dark room and let my imagination go crazy I can think of no better salute than to say thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the hours spent screaming obscenities at my computer screen. You will be missed. :(

OldGhost

ditto lol

Wow I've never saw that one coming,I just saw Bionic Commando on steam and it looks fantastic I tought all was going great for you guys.Well it is a very sad news indeed cause I was very close from your works it is because of GRAW and GRAW2 that I have begin modding.From the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you and I wish you all the best for the future .

Rpghard,

Edited by Rpghard

Thanks for the post guys. :bye:

We are still a bit shook up over what has happened as the studio had stabilized after the cutbacks made earlier this year. So everything would probably have worked out fine if it hadn't been for the problems we just faced with our publishers, which caused the studio to go down.

I wish the Outbreak Studio team good luck, which is mainly the people from Grin Gothenburg who worked on Terminator, and the Fatshark team which also worked with Grin on Terminator and consists of many of the gameplay scripters from GRAW2.

For me, it looks very likely that I'll be leaving Sweden for work in the UK or Canada. There is still a small possibility that Grin can be bought by another company, but in the current climate I really don't see that happening. No one has left yet, and everyone is still employed by Grin, while we are waiting for what is going to happen. There is gonna be a big meeting early next week when we'll get more info.

I'll still be around. Dropping by now and then...

do pass on the collective best wishes from us all here at GR.net to Bo and Co.

Yeah stay positive and focused, may the winds be allways at your backs. GRAW1 GRAW2 on the pc just awesome & thanks.

Sorry to hear about this. Good luck on the next game, wherever that takes you.

The Anderssons lament their "unreleased masterpiece that we weren't allowed to finish.

Unreleased masterpiece...hmmm i wonder what that was?

GRINs rapid expansion (4 or was it 5 locations?) been brought up and not to rub salt into an open wound but unnecessary overhead (in relation to actual titles in production) just might have played a small part in the studios demise...floor space ain't cheap.

Not that I would know, but it's very possible there were several more titles in the works that were in early stages and never announced, hence the need for the multiple locations. I could be wrong though. Either way, this sucks.

Some things in GRAW 1 and 2 bothered me, but I still loved playing them (and keep them installed just for the occasional coop game I can find or scramble together). GG Grin. :grin2::grin1::grin3::g_guns::g_withgrin:

I wish Bo and Ulf the best of luck in the future what ever it may hold. Hopefully GRIN can rebound and return. One of these days, I will install GRAW just to experience it at least once (it wont be for a few more months at least, I am still in Holland and may get to stay a bit longer).

Oh well, have to wait for Ground Branch now.....our last hope for a decent game.....sob sob !!!

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=13

Still in development.

Whiteknight, where have you been mate ? GRAW 1 is mega fun and I play it daily if I can.

There are quite a few run and gunners in this game, but it is also full of very good players too.

I like the fact now that some maps in GRAW 1 are being produced that have random spawns and the difficulty grows exponentially to amount of players in map and their skill.

You are missing some good stuff.

CJ

;)

Man, That's terrible. I feel for you guys. Thanks for all the help in trying to make the games to the best you can even while being under the magnifying glass of UBI. Thanks for the good times in the beta's and for really listening to us for future patches even if you couldnt' get them out for release. ALso thanks for helping troubleshoot our server scripts so we could keep the games going and alive.

All and all, thanks to all the Grin, for the games and good times they provided. I wish you all the best, and hope to see you around developing some more games.

Sorry to hear about the layoffs Wolfsong.

You have a very impressive list of titles under your belt so I too am confident it won't be long til you are back to work.

Guys like you and Serellan who have a background as modders going pro are a great inspiration to all of us here, and shows that hard-work and determination does pay off.