No Respawn Games ?

Hello!

I personally hate playing tactical shooters with respawning (sadly for me, that's what everyones playing).

Once I shoot an enemy I want him to be out of the game until next round.. like in raven shield back in the days. Anyone interested playing some team deathmatch with only one life per round - one life to care about? Rounds should be about 5-1o min long and we could probably play some small (custom?) maps so it doesn't get too boring to the guys who have to wait.

If anyones interested pm or reply or whatever :rocky:

Im from europe btw.

Edited by herbie

• 2 weeks later...

When we had our no respawn server up you'd see a lot of the old school GR players. It seemed like the server was always full. Once in a while someone would show up that couldn't figure out what "no respawns"meant in the server title in the list and they'd complain about dying too quickly. Very few stuck around but the ones who liked the challenge quickly converted.

Our squad played 2000+ matches on 2 ladders and never once played a respawn game. It was more fun, more intense and more tactical. For practice we'd run day docks with unlimited spawns and that got my squad quick with their reflexes and honed their muscle memory but not one of those games stands out. I still remember several dozen map drops we played with no spawns. This 5 years later. That's the mark of great gameplay and a great game.

Satoh: Thanks for the hint. I will check them out, although I don't really care about the coop in graw2 because of the dumb AI.

ruggbutt: Are you still playing graw2 with no respawns? If you are I'm in:)

Sadly I've tried to host (not dedicated) survival server time to time but most I've had is 3v3 and no communications so it's not even close what I'd like to see in graw2 (8v8 and public teamspeak).

You're right, those rounds where you cared about your life truly do stand out. I remember way back in raven shield some intense moments where I had to make right decisions under pressure and when I succeeded it was the best in fps gaming. And there's also teamwork aspect in voice comms.. I think graw2 gameplay is very nice and would work wonderfully in small team survival maps.