Ghost Recon.net Forums

Compatability issues

Breif description:

I took all the working parts out of PC_03 and put them aside. Then threw out the case as it was badly damaged...

PC_02 is having an issue running the GRAW2 editor and I don`t really want to load it all onto my main PC. Specs:

Intel® Celeron®

CPU E1200 @ 1.60GHz

3.12GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce 7050/ nForce 610i

So I thought I would put in the graphics card from the old PC_03 which is an Radeon X1600 Pro

But it does not fit in the Motherboard. ASUS P5N-MX

Now I still have the old Motherboard ASRock P4i65G which had a single core processor.

So my question is:

Can I simply put the dual core processor onto the ASRock Motherboard and then fit that with the Radeon graphics card? I do still have 4 x 512mb RAM sticks for it.

Otherwise any suggestions?

:unsure:

Oki, thnx Fletch. So I need a new Motherboard that is compatable with the processor and the graphics card?

*Edit*

First job tomorrow will be too list all my parts available. Then try to think of best solution from there.

Yes that processor iirc is a LGA775 DualCore Celeron, and your card is PCI but, is it a plain wrapper PCI or a PCI-e? Your going to be looking for a Intel compatable board with at least 4 memory slots if you plan on using all 4 of your memory sticks. So list the parts you want to keep/use and their specs so we can work up a buy list, plus your budget.