Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Magnum50

Seeking defend achievement advise...

My boys and I have been trying to get this achievement for some time now with a bunch of failures... we basically have 8 to 10 players in my group, we assign 2 man teams to each compass direction, then a 2 man reactionary force, but still fail...

Anyone know what the best map and tactic for this mission type is for the achievement? And thx in advance.

My boys and I have been trying to get this achievement for some time now with a bunch of failures... we basically have 8 to 10 players in my group, we assign 2 man teams to each compass direction, then a 2 man reactionary force, but still fail...

Anyone know what the best map and tactic for this mission type is for the achievement? And thx in advance.

It sounds like you have a good group of guys playing with you, but they can be alot better if they follow a set plan, i hope this helps.

Best Map: The CUT

Reason: Two narrow entry points for the enemy to attack, Good positioning on this map can pay off big time.

Game Plan: Make sure that EVERYONE use the M36 SAW on single shot, It carries a max of 100 rounds and can be switched from semi to full burst and you have 750 reserve and it is very accurate, not bad for the task at hand. If your use to full auto this is not the game mode for it.

Try your best to make head shots only! this is very important because it saves on ammo and you don't have to waste countless rounds on one enemy combatant.

If you are in a room of Ten then only 4 of you should defend each point of entry (2 on each side) with the rest staying in the back to give relief if one of you run low on ammo ( which shouldn't be for a while if you follow the plan laid out above) never have everyone on your team firing all at once, there is no need for it. You're playing against the clock and ammo is the key, so make every round count, everyone will get their turn at bat... trust me.

When someone runs low on ammo try and draw one or two enemies closer in and then put them down so that their guns are easier to acquire, the enemies slow down every now and then so plan on when to move to collect the gun. Once you do, don't wait too long because the guns will be gone after 15 sec, So only move to change guns when your down to your last magazine and nearing 50 rounds remaining. Let your team know that your running low and someone should step up to take your position while you acquire a new weapon. Nearing the end the enemies will be coming even more so this is why you need more available guns at the end, and you will be ready once you plan for it.

Results: You should win everytime with this strategy, it's all about team work. Let me know how it works out for yah, and remember, "Keep it tactical :snipe:

Hi,

Wonder if you made it? This is one of the most fulfilling achievements in GRAW2. Based on lots of recommendations, my clan of newbies made the defender achievement following a strategy we documented in PDF format.

You can download the PDF file at http://teko92.dk/teko92dl/downloads.html

It's almost too easy but there is not cheating. Just strategy and keeping weapons reloaded. Funniest thing is what people do when they get bored after 50 minutes because the strategy is working too well ;-)

Have fun.

Troels

I can help you get the achievement if you need help still, or if anyone needs help getting it