Ghost Recon.net Forums
pz3

Pz3 (aka Prozac360) Out!

Sorry to hear that, I use Skype all the time but I'm on a good cable connection so I don't have that issue. Your internet must be routed via Satcom that would explain the lag/time delay. I wish I had another answer for you. Messenger and Yahoo video chats would more than likely suffer the same lag issues as well. The only other thing would be text chatting where you would not notice the lag delay as much but its just no the same when you can't hear their voice.

Good luck to you and thanks for serving.

I'm still here... It's still hot.

Don't worry - it only gets hotter. God, I hate that place.

Fletch,

I'm not on any Army internet. I'm using a giant cellphone basically. It's private. I have access in my tent, which is great, but it's not too bad. I'm on a smaller FOB and I'm saving a bunch of money. I buy the occasional DVD and time for my phone, that's all. I'm not too worried about it. If I'm careful, I can get pretty great speeds with it.

Jes,

I went on patrol a few days ago during the peak heat of the day. Today, by 0900, it was hotter than that. I was swimming by the time I got back in, that was a good long walk.

I went on patrol with a cow today. That was interesting. It walked right up to me and just followed me around for awhile. Strangest thing. Hilarious though. Also shared some watermelon with IA soldiers. I enjoy dismounted patrols. :)

Complacency kills, don't get shot in the back watching a cow instead of your sector.

I wish. That would be much cheaper, for everything! :) That's not available where I'm at. I'm using an over-sized cellphone that can connect. I found out of a deal (one of those local secrets) that allows 180hrs of internet for $32 for the month. Not bad. But the phone calls home are killing me. Gotta keep everyone happy though. Calling mom is the worst... calling Jakarta... good God, that's expensive. Whatever, that's all the money I spend, so I'm still saving (well, buying my new toy/Daily Driver dented me a little bit, but not too bad).

Dude, who are you calling in Jakarta? That's my AO! Hahahaha.

If its a good friend of yours, lemme know if I could help you with anything.

Camel spiders are now dieing with no mercy! Our afghani cat Pigpin helps a bit too ;)

Got into a decent firefight for the first time though. All the badge chasers in my platoon with no CIB are ###### I earned my CIB before them. Not to mention In actual contact not shooting mortars out of a FOB.

Rounds were a little to close lol.

something kind of odd about it though, I liked it. So im bouncing the idea around hard right now, Selection and Q course....

Edited by pz3

Thats the Adrenaline Rush and it can be both a good thing and addictive. Don't let it rule your actions.

Thats the Adrenaline Rush and it can be both a good thing and addictive. Don't let it rule your actions.

I dont think so. I get adrenaline highs pretty bad jumping from planes, This was different to me. Never been so focused in my life.

My mom and sister live there now... I thought we talked about this... haha, guess not. They're home right now, but otherwise call Jakarta home.

Prozac,

Stay safe man. I'm only a little jealous you've already seen action. I'm no badge chaser. I was until I had a change happen back in December... now I've got one focus... get home in one piece. Whatever happens, happens. [Arab] has stepped up his game here. There was nothing in our AO for 8 months... now there's something going on almost daily here. I'm off for R&R to see the family in a few days. Who knows what it will be like once I get back.

I wish I could say All is Quiet on the Southern Front... but anyone who's been watching American media knows that it's not. Four brothers (in my BN) were killed a few days ago to an IED. These guys don't know what hell they've just unleashed.

I'm still safe... it's still hot.

My mom and sister live there now... I thought we talked about this... haha, guess not. They're home right now, but otherwise call Jakarta home.

Prozac,

Stay safe man. I'm only a little jealous you've already seen action. I'm no badge chaser. I was until I had a change happen back in December... now I've got one focus... get home in one piece. Whatever happens, happens. [Arab] has stepped up his game here. There was nothing in our AO for 8 months... now there's something going on almost daily here. I'm off for R&R to see the family in a few days. Who knows what it will be like once I get back.

I wish I could say All is Quiet on the Southern Front... but anyone who's been watching American media knows that it's not. Four brothers (in my BN) were killed a few days ago to an IED. These guys don't know what hell they've just unleashed.

I'm still safe... it's still hot.

That's what matters brother. Get your ass home in one piece. Do whatever you have to. God bless you for your service. I've said this before, I know your dad is proud of you for the stud of a man you've become.

Thanks Para. :)

I'm in Kuwait now, a few hours away from flying back to the house. I'm crazy excited. I've not seen my mom or sister since October. I'm ready for some R&R. The last few times I was at home in all this mess, I was so busy I never really got a break at all. Now I'm looking forward to some good old fashioned fun.

Oh... my tattoo is pretty much done now. I'll get pics up in the coming days. There's only a little bit of work left to do on it. :)

Enjoy your R&R, you've earned it.