Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Can anyone help me with getting the Legacy Binoculars to work? i put the files from the HU Legacy Binoculars in the right folders and than edit the Strings.txt, But my soldiers still only holster/puts away weapons! Please if anyone have an idea i really love this mod and been able to modify it to my liking with kill confirm messages, legacy uniforms but the binoculars wont work and i really miss having them on each soldier : ( 

On 18-4-2017 at 18:04, wombat50 said:

@dutchlowlander
In the Heroes Unleashed\ shell\ art\ hud folder delete cmi.rsb to have red diamonds on the Command Map. 
Make a backup copy if you feel the need. 

Apex has provided Legacy Mods in the Extras folder of HU but I'm not sure how or which one gives red diamonds on the command map. 

Thanks for the tip it worked perfectly! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkShot said:

IBEX 3050

I made a mod since HUb8 which puts the binoculars back.  Send me a PM with with an email, and I will send it to you.  It is only about 1k bytes.

Oh my god man you are a damn Saint sent from heaven! i will pm you Right after i finish writing this thank you So very much in advance :D !!!!!!

What are some good maps for sniping????

I like two teams with only two soldiers total.  Fire fight.  Sniper and scout/security.  Either the M110 SASS SD or the HK417 16" SD.  (I find the M110 generally better.  As the HK417 has more range, but takes too long to stabilize.  Very hard to hit moving targets or more than a single man.)

I have been playing the map:  "River Crossing".

There aren't many really good sniping maps.  Both of the above can reach across most of the map, but few maps have lots of open/distant LOS and good set up positions.

It is a lot of fun hitting distant targets; knowing when to displace; and displacing safely as it is often through closed guarded gaps which you must do it.

I got Ghost Recon 1 a little while a go on Steam but only recently did I start trying it again.  I found an awesome review on its Steam store page that mentioned this mod.  After trying this mod out with all its content and features, I'm very impressed.  Truly awesome.

• Like 1

I have switched from sniping to up close and personal.  Tropics-XL-Fog two men in with silenced weapons.  SIEGE (FIREFIGHT is too hard to find everyone).

I have gone inveteran.  I need to see how far I can push it.  SIEGE-XXL at EXPERT!  :)

11 hours ago, NemesisLeon said:

I got Ghost Recon 1 a little while a go on Steam but only recently did I start trying it again.  I found an awesome review on its Steam store page that mentioned this mod.  After trying this mod out with all its content and features, I'm very impressed.  Truly awesome.

That's awesome!!!

I've made a review too mentioning HU, but it is in PT-BR

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mattbrasil/recommended/15300/

A bug in 89 Tropics Fog.

I fired on an enemy approaching from 100M->40M.  I must have put 20 rounds into him.  It was as if they were hitting an invisible force field.  At 40M, he returned fire.  And you know what happened ... KIA.  :(

Edited by MarkShot

On 2017-04-25 at 15:55, Jose21crisis said:

It worked for me. Just put the HU - Legacy Binoculars on the mods folder, then turn it on. Thats where you have to put the addons anyway.

Sorry for my late reply! MarkShot's mod worked perfectly! however i had no clue you had to put the addons in the mods folder and activate them as a mod! i had to give it a try and of chourse it worked aswell! i was editing the files before! Big thanks to you and Markshot, he provided many other useful and nice mods for heroes unleashed! :D 

As noted in this thread:  

The PS2 version of GR contained music during missions which IMO tremendously boosted tension and atmosphere. I know HU aims to reduce every hint possible and giving the player complete control for the sake of immersion. But I think the music added in at least optionally would be a nice addition. what does everyone think?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was playing some today, after a while away from it, and got some nice screenies. One of them I turned into a Logo, also using (without permission, sorry for that) Zeealex 's High Resolution GR Logo, that can be found HERE. Hope you guys Like it!

And for Zeeaalex: really sorry dude, when I remembered to ask for permission to use you art, I had already finished the logo. Hope you can forgive me.

20170528193458_1.jpg

GhostReconLogo.png

GhostReconLogoNight.png

GR2.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeBaron said:

So, I was playing some today, after a while away from it, and got some nice screenies. One of them I turned into a Logo, also using (without permission, sorry for that) Zeealex 's High Resolution GR Logo, that can be found HERE. Hope you guys Like it!

And for Zeeaalex: really sorry dude, when I remembered to ask for permission to use you art, I had already finished the logo. Hope you can forgive me.

20170528193458_1.jpg

GhostReconLogo.png

GhostReconLogoNight.png

GR2.png

It's all good bro! i love it! :D