Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

58 minutes ago, 0-0 said:

In my opinion one of the most interesting game type is Bot Hunt. AI behaves are very clever in this game type.

Strictly speaking, Bot Hunt is not a game type at all, but rather a mission script, in that the GTF needs to be imported into a specially prepared mission (MIS file) to work (you have to select 'Mission' in the game menu). IIRC, the script itself repeatedly assigns a number of random plans to several NPC teams while constantly re-evaluating available plan choices depending on player engagement. Bot Hunt is indeed a perfect example of the advantages in AI manipulation available in mission scripting but inaccessible in game type scripting, as it employs pre-defined AI plans which, regrettably, are impossible to use in game types.

But as I hinted at above, when given the right opportunity, e.g. through sufficient team sizes, adequate hierarchical company setup, unfettered individual actor capabilities, etc., Ghost Recon's AI is quite capable of astounding feats all by itself, without being directly influenced through restrictive scripted instructions. So if you like the AI behavior in e.g. Bot Hunt or Mission HX, I think you'll love what GRHU beta 9 has in store for you in this regard, both for missions and map-independent game types. :)

• Like 2

Something I just recntly noticed is that, apparently the Ghosts know how to properly grab a P90. I was on M11 and my demo guy had a P90-SD and he was grabbing it properly instead of like a normal rifle or smg.

I though the weapon file would be somewhat similar to SOAF, like the weapon motion type being 7, but it was setup like a rifle (the non-zooming type).

Question: if you add the <HasForwardGrip> line to a weapon file like the M4 SOPMOD from SOAF has, does it actually work or is a SOAF unique feature?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ApexMods said:

On another note... less than 24 hours until release! :rocky:

Uploading is underway, so keep your fingers crossed it works. :ph34r:

I cant wait to see all the new weapons! Im a huge gun nut and variety in weapons is my fetish. 

off topic but I go through phases where I'm just obsessed with a certain gun. Right now my current Obsession is a basic M4A1 with carry handle and the rounded barrel. m4_1.jpg

• Like 3

NSWC Crane's SOPMOD Block II upgrades started fielding in 2004/2005, so we're good. Remember though, that the Special Operations Peculiar MODification (SOPMOD) kit isn't a weapon system but rather an accessory program to "provide standardized, versatile weapons accessories to meet needs across SOF mission scenarios. These accessories will increase operator survivability and lethality by enhanced weapon performance, target acquisition, signature suppression, and fire control" (Crane's SOPMOD mission statement). Initially for the M4A1 carbine only, SOPMOD Block II and III included other weapons like the FN SCAR, CQBR/Mk18, Mk46 LMG / M249 SAW, etc.

Sopmod gets updated almost annually if not quarterly. SF units often get items placed on the ordering list and its up to each unit in the military to decide what to order. 

Also another side trick soldiers used was removing parts while deplyed and replacing them with what they wanted.

usually stocks and optics. the Leupold Mark4 CQ/T was fairly popular in 2010. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TJbrena said:

My raifu used to be the XM8, but recently it became the M4A1 SOPMOD Block II. Not sure when exactly that entered service though, so it might conflict with GR1 being set in '08.

Oh god yes, Xm8 Was my raifu for the longest time as well. RIP in peace Fish gun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ApexMods said:

NSWC Crane's SOPMOD Block II upgrades started fielding in 2004/2005, so we're good. Remember though, that the Special Operations Peculiar MODification (SOPMOD) kit isn't a weapon system but rather an accessory program to "provide standardized, versatile weapons accessories to meet needs across SOF mission scenarios. These accessories will increase operator survivability and lethality by enhanced weapon performance, target acquisition, signature suppression, and fire control" (Crane's SOPMOD mission statement). Initially for the M4A1 carbine only, SOPMOD Block II and III included other weapons like the FN SCAR, CQBR/Mk18, Mk46 LMG / M249 SAW, etc.

I was referring to the variant with the FDE 12" rail and LMT SOPMOD stock. But aesthetically that doesn't mix with the UCP or Woodland Ghosts I've seen in HU b8, who really look best with black guns IMO. FDE would work well with some of Mr Moon's operators though.

56f7eb2b657880d49b7ddf265d228092.jpg

Edited by TJbrena
  • Like 2

GRHU_LOGO.PNG

Download Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed (Version 1.0.0 Beta 9)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

15 YEARS IN THE MAKING - FINAL BETA RELEASE FOR GHOST RECON: HEROES UNLEASHED MOD

THE WORLD WIDE WEB, November 13, 2016 - ApexMods (http://www.apexmods.com) today announces a major development milestone for Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed, hardcore tactical realism mod for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (2001), the universally acclaimed and multiple GOTY award winning classic squad-based military first-person shooter by Red Storm Entertainment.

As of today, marking the 15th anniversary of Ghost Recon's release back in 2001, the final open beta of the Heroes Unleashed mod - version 1.0.0b9 - is available as a free download, cross-platform compatible for both Mac and PC gamers.  After almost one and a half decades of relentless fanatic one-man development, the mod's creator Apex reports to be working on the finishing details for a full 1.0 version, scheduled for release "when it's ready".

Heroes Unleashed offers the redux of a wide variety of content and ideas from the myriad of mods classic Ghost Recon inspired over the years.  The huge project aims to incorporate those elements of the game's rich modding history into an ultimate collection of the best game content, meticulously complemented by significant refinements and additions, all with a distinct emphasis on hardcore tactical realism.

Since its humble beginnings and first public release in 2008, the popular mod has matured immensely.  Containing over 125,000 files, Heroes Unleashed now weighs in at about 20 GB fully installed (the download package is ultra-compressed to under 7 GB), and next to the mod's rejuvenating audio-visual makeover for the classic original, its impressive catalog of hardcore realism enhancements, and a host of other novel and innovative features, the latest update to this monumental expansion pack delivers more than 200 maps and missions, over 400 weapons and equipment items, 100+ military and civilian vehicles, in excess of 1,000 character models, and upwards of 100 single and multiplayer game types.

Hundreds of thousands of mod downloads are an impressive testament to the lasting appeal of Red Storm's Ghost Recon from 2001, the legendary "Thinking Man's Shooter" generally credited by industry experts with defining and refining the tactical realism FPS genre, and widely considered to still be one of the best tactical shooters in existence today.

Spread the word, folks. :)

Long live Ghost Recon!

PS: A huge thanks goes out to Wombat50 for doing weeks of last-minute testing!

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Jose21crisis said:

What's amazing is the fact that is just a beta version...

Just a beta? People purchase PRE-ALPHA games, nowadays! :)

Seriously though, Beta 9 is a giant leap closer to the full 1.0 release than ever before, so don't expect completely revolutionary changes for the future. On the other hand... you never know how things will transpire, and I still have plenty of ideas up my sleeves for years to come.  :rocky:

• Like 3

Intended? Somehow... yes. This behavior depends on a number of things. Which primary they carry, what kind of secondary, how they move etc.

But they just have a will of their own now, and pretty much do as they please. Their newfound independence has advantages, though. :)