Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

Installer works flawlessly... In other words, it's everything us casual gamers could ask for: "a no-brainer - one click - update"

JoshuaOneSix

Nice to hear! :)

Meanwhile I have uploaded 1.0.0b4 full install versions for those of you who have not previously downloaded the mod.

You should update the description of the download Apex so it reflects 140 maps and not 100. Major difference. Anyways congrats and good job. I have already been playing it pretty extensively. Anyone looking to get a few people together drop me a line i'm always in for a few games.

You should update the description of the download Apex so it reflects 140 maps and not 100. Major difference. Anyways congrats and good job. I have already been playing it pretty extensively. Anyone looking to get a few people together drop me a line i'm always in for a few games.

And congrats to you, Crash! All the help you (and your TechWarriorZ!) are providing with the ongoing development of Heroes Unleashed is very much appreciated. I know it's not always easy with me and my neurotic behavior, so extra special thanks for your patience! I'll try to be less of a control freak in the future... although chances are dim. :)

Here is yet another example of my obsessiveness: The mod banner says 100+ maps. Before the v1.0.0b4 update, Heroes Unleashed already provided 128 maps and now it's 140 maps - still "100+" maps! ;)

Let's change it to 200+ maps once (if?) we reach that milestone. :D

Would love to play with you guys, but you know me - no time, as usual. Maybe Rocky, Pave Low, or Tinker could be persuaded? Oh, and btw - my GameRanger server has been offline for a couple of days because I needed the resources for the update. Should be back online with the new version 1.0.0b4 soon, though.

Now that the new Heroes Unleashed v1.0.0b4 update has been published, we have a little wishlist for future versions going over at HeroesUnleashed.net, so if you want to see a particular feature to be implemented, please feel free to post it either over there or in this thread. We cannot promise to include everything in the future, but at least we will have an idea of what is wanted.

Oh yes, I'm saying "we", because some very nice people have joined me in the active future development of Heroes Unleashed. Maybe you noticed that Crash (aka twcrash), Mauti (aka DAMN Mauti), Poema, and Snake (aka Snake@War) are now listed under "Development Team" in the mod's documentation, and our newest team addition (not listed in the ReadMe yet) is P@LaD!n. I want to take this opportunity and thank them all for their cooperation. Together we can push Heroes Unleashed even further and expand it beyond what is possible in a one-man effort.

Of course, my continued thanks go to all the modders who graciously provide us with new content and grant their permission to implement it in Heroes Unleashed. I want to expressly address H-Hour and Natsanwa here, who have supplied additional new content to the mod's 1.0.0b4 update. Thanks a lot, guys! :thumbsup:

damn you mentioned my name and now i gotta suck up... wait no i don't. :D

I probably should have mentioned that your official job is to drive me (even more) insane! :P

great to see gr still being modded its going to take awhile to play through this one gj MODS 8-)

damn you mentioned my name and now i gotta suck up... wait no i don't. :D
I probably should have mentioned that your official job is to drive me (even more) insane! :P

Nope, that was *my* job. :pirate:

Maybe that's why it didn't work out. That job was already taken. ;)

Oh yes, I'm saying "we", because some very nice people have joined me in the active future development of Heroes Unleashed. Maybe you noticed that Crash (aka twcrash), Mauti (aka DAMN Mauti), Poema, and Snake (aka Snake@War) are now listed under "Development Team" in the mod's documentation, and our newest team addition (not listed in the ReadMe yet) is P@LaD!n. I want to take this opportunity and thank them all for their cooperation. Together we can push Heroes Unleashed even further and expand it beyond what is possible in a one-man effort.

Wow, Apex, you've got Mauti on the case? That's a name from the past... one of those who really got me hooked on good ol' GR.

Now, where's that Modders' Hall of Fame thread... :ph34r:

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

Wow, Apex, you've got Mauti on the case? That's a name from the past... one of those who really got me hooked on good ol' GR.

Now, where's that Modders' Hall of Fame thread... :ph34r:

Theo

Yeah, Mauti has been there for Mac gamers from the very beginning of GR (actually since R6). He is still hosting all the great mods, forums, and articles for Mac users at his site and has lend a helping hand since the initial beta release of HU. Without Mauti there would probably not be a Mac installer, for example. He's currently rebuilding the DAMN Battle League for 2009 - a huge undertaking - you should check it out (details here).

Announcement - Cancelation of Cooperation

In the last couple of weeks, real life has handed me a lot of additional work which continues to consume more and more of my spare time as well. Consequently, I have a lot less time for the development of Heroes Unleashed than originally planned, and the little time left for modding has recently become less and less enjoyable, mainly due to some rather disappointing experiences with some new members of the development team.

I have therefor decided to withdraw my open invitation for the participation of others, disband the current development team, and continue to develop Heroes Unleashed alone. While I appreciate the excellent contributions of independent modders like Natsanwa, H-hour, and all the others, my efforts to create a development team with direct cooperation have ultimately failed.

Some of the new team members felt that I did not give them enough of my time and attention and saw this as a reason for continued snide remarks and disrespectful behavior, which then spread to other members as well. This is not something I am willing to put up with. While I tried to make development an enjoyable experience for all involved, I am not willing to do this at the cost of my own enjoyment.

As of now, I disband the development team and cancel the "Developer" status of all its members at HeroesUnleashed.net. I am very sorry that some nice people have to suffer the consequences brought about by a few others, but at this point I rather work alone than being confronted with more uncivilized unpleasantries that have started to appear.

With the recent development in mind, I would not be surprised to see further back-stabbing going on - I think resorting to this kind of behavior is quite saddening, to say the least. Why some people act in this way is beyond me, especially since we are dealing with a game - something we should all just have fun with.

In view of this disappointing affair, I will take a break from GR modding for a couple of weeks and concentrate my efforts on less tainted projects. Once I have recharged my batteries a bit, I will continue development of Heroes Unleashed just the way it has been from the very beginning - alone - and hopefully without any further hassles.

Respectfully,

ApexMods

Wow Apex, I'm really sorry to hear that. Seems like there was some big drama after I left, and I'm kinda glad I missed it. I just want to get finished with the mission pack add-ons for HU and CENTCOM I've been working on and get them released before I have to leave for the next deployment to the sand box. If I can, while I'm over there, I'll add some more. Right now though, trying to get four mission packs ready for release by the end of this month is going to be hard enough.

Good Luck to you and your future endeavors!!

P@LaD!n

Sorry to hear that Apex... while not a modder I have learned much from you as I got back into GR after a long layoff just about the time HU came out. Recharge your batteries, take the time off you need, but please, by all means jump back in and finish this tremendous mod.

JoshuaOneSix

• 3 weeks later...

Did some GR LAN co-op with some friends today, and introduced them to Heroes Unleashed. It was, of course, well recieved.

Funny thing, my friends aren't really into guns, and one guy in particular has no grasp of the difference between a submachinegun and a sniper rifle. I can't even tell him "you should go for an assault rifle with a good scope for this map". I have to actually find a suitable kit for him. Seeing the 200+ options for Rifleman alone totally stressed him out :lol:

Respectfully

krise madsen