Ghost Recon Modders Hall Of Fame

ApexMods

I think the GR Modders Hall Of Fame had better be a darn big one since so many great people have contributed to making GR one of the greatest games of all time. :yes: A special :thumbsup: goes out to Right Hand and Migryder who scripted some serious mission greatness for us GR fans. :clapping:

Even though i have only modded for my group, and they seem to like them, i would say that my mods would not be playable without the help and efforts of Tinker, who always answered my cries of help, with good old fashioned knowledge, either in the forums or in a pm, so as i could name a ton of you great modders, my name for submission is the one and only Tinker. ADS-DedMedic

Hi to all

I would like to nominate Eskwaad for the top quality characters and skins he produced ( I couldn't believe the first post he did here, showing his work ).

Also I would like to nominate Jay for the monumental work he has done on coordinating the greatest mod [GR] has ever seen, Centcom.

Before the bar was raised by Centcom, many other great modders contributed with top quality content like DTD, Snowfella, OSO, Sixpence, Wolfsong, Swartsz, etc.

To all of them my deepest respect for keeping this game alive for so long.

cep

I'll be the first to nominate ApexMods - champagne stuff buddy.

NO WAY! I'm the new guy! It's YOU people - the ones who modded GR from the beginning with one great mod after another - who deserve this honor, not me! Plus, I started the Hall of Fame so I cannot be listed! (It's in the rule book somewhere!) <starts searching...> :P

Stalker for his Auscam SASR.

BTW, modders should realise that this isn't like when you were the last one standing waiting to be picked at school footie practice, it would have been an easy thing for anyone to quickly compile a list of the big modders, but it's more fun the Apex way, seeing the names pop up in any order, like a favourite sweety in a pick-n-mix :D

I don't follow rules too well and besides there are too many people for me to mention....

Basia - She is my lovely wife. Without her patience and consent, none of my work would have been possible. Her critical input on my lighting techniques allowed me to put a woman's touch into my creations.

Don Miguel - For having the cojones to fight back and create a launcher application that deleted DA's mod. This guy also put up with countless hours of listening to me vent about personal frustrations and went way out of his way to help me out. We stay in touch occasionally to this day and he's always been available as my personal tech support technician.

=DRAG= Raven - For introducing me to Neutron. Without Raven, who knows what what would have happened to Frostbite?

Neutron - Neutron was one of the pioneers in [Ghost Recon] map making. He had some really cool ideas and helped me get my feet wet with map creation. He's also the main reason Frostbite happened.

MONOLITH - Gangland and Dangerous Babes anyone? These two mods are fairly old but they're still gems.

sleeper... - The Year of the Monkey maps that he map are my favorites. That map with the destructive bridge still blows me away to this day. I consider him a good friend and we stay in touch daily.

Wolfsong - He made some basic tutorials on scripting that provided the catalyst to get many scripters pointed in the right direction. For King and Country was a really cool mod that converted everything in the game.

Mike Schell - Great utilities in the early days along with all of the character models in .3ds format.

Piggyson - Our 'inside' guy. His now-defunct website detailing how to get stuff into the game correctly helped get a number of mods going. Good thing I printed his site out on paper and put it into a binder.

Blake - I tip my hat to this man for finishing his project that I was unable to help him finish. Year of the Monkey is one of my favorites.

Bajabravo - A talented and great guy who made so many character models I've lost count. Canadian Ops 2.0 is also in my top ten.

I'm sure there are others that I've forgotten but this is my list for now.

you know when we think of modding we don't often give consideration to those who test things out for us...so please let me recognize two people who have been a big part of 5 out of 6 mods I have released.. the timely play testing and feedback, editing of text and what not of KRP 56 and NH2S(aka ST, Glub...) have been a godsend.. it has been my good fortune to always have at least these two and in the case of NH2S his cohorts to help me get a finished SP/COOP product out..I can't begin to explain the patience they have always shown in getting through some of the scripts, especially with a yet unrealeased mod...for instance...KRP 56 stated to me he tried playing one mission 25 times(!) until it worked as it should...while that may be an exaggeration it does drive home my point and is evidence of the kind of things that go on behind the modding scene that may never be recognized....

mig :ph34r:

OK, I know we have "DTD Pro Mod Team" listed in the Hall of Fame, but I think that alone simply does not do its members justice, so I want them in there individually! Here's a start, and I would appreciate it if you could lend me a hand by naming the other DTD members.

Cocobolo, for his excellent contributions to the world of Ghost Recon through the years!

DTD Team Mod

DTD Cold Call Out

DTD No Easy Day

DTD SCAR Mod

DTD Israeli Defense Force

OK, sometimes I really do not see the woods for the trees, and I want to apologize for that. This guy is here (and in pretty much every other forum I visit ;) ) all the time, constantly helpful, a backbone of the GR community, and here I go naming him so late. Sorry, man! I guess you just blend in too well - must be a real Ghost Recon operative! :)

Whisper_44, for his all of his modding and community contributions - through DTD and individually!

DTD Team Mod

DTD Cold Call Out

DTD No Easy Day

DTD SCAR Mod

DTD Israeli Defense Force

DAMN Mauti! I don't even know where to start in thanking him! It was his web site that started me on my GR modding quest. He got the ball rolling for the Mac side of Ghost Recon mods with his download section and by converting countless PC mods for the Mac. Without him, there probably would not even be an Island Thunder expansion for Mac! On top of all that, he created the DBL, the Damn Battle League, an online multiplayer tournament that is going into its 9th(!) year now - 7 of those with Ghost Recon competition!

Thank you for supporting tactical Mac gaming and the modding community for the last nine years!

Damn Battle League Map Pack

Island Thunder Mac Patch