Ghost Recon.net Forums
Rocky

First Snow Photo Of Winter

An early snow fall catches an autumn leaf.

leafzz.jpg

Click for full size to see texture of leaf, pretty cool. (5Mb).

It's not winter yet, Rocky! :P

lol Anyways, VERY nice pic man. Don't you just have a point-and-shoot? Excellent photo mate.

Don't you just have a point-and-shoot? Excellent photo mate.

Yeh, Sony w300, point it shoot it :)

Found a clever feature on it today, if you take a portrait shot the and subject is not smiling, the camera can change the face to a smile, and it looks totally genuine! Very clever stuff.

It snowed here this morning, (west midlands).. Nice pic mate... My Shrooms still win :P

I'm in the midlands too mate and I didnt see any, I'll have to set my alarm clock (2 years old son) to get me up a bit earlier.

Great shot! Although you may want to close that aperature down a notch or two, to get the whole leaf in focus, unless that's what you were going for of course!

Moving the aperature down = making the F# higher = more depth of field.

I'm in the midlands too mate and I didnt see any, I'll have to set my alarm clock (2 years old son) to get me up a bit earlier.

Only for a short time in the morning and who wakes up in the morning on a sunday ? :)

Only for a short time in the morning and who wakes up in the morning on a sunday ? :)

Some of us work from 0730 every Sunday morning. Then again, some of us are in the wrong line of work. :P

That's very cool, Rocky. :) I was hoping to get some photos of the little bits of snow flurries that fell here in Gettysburg, but our camera malfunctioned. (We're in Gettysburg w/ friends for Thanksgiving.)

It's not winter yet, Rocky! :P

Dont know where you're living but its sure as hell winter where I amI'm freezing :(

Nice pic Rocky :)

Some of us work from 0730 every Sunday morning. Then again, some of us are in the wrong line of work. :P

unlucky mate, i was like that at my old work place... But then again i'm in the wrong line of life :rofl:

Dont know where you're living but its sure as hell winter where I amI'm freezing :(

I have a different perception as to what 'cold' is due to my regular involvement in winter sports. When I first started out, I went out to the Alps in Italy and the temperature dropped to minus 15 degrees. THAT was [freezing] cold. Funny thing was, when I got back to England it was plus 15 degrees and everyone was saying it's [freezing] cold. :huh:

, when I got back to England it was plus 15 degrees and everyone was saying it's [freezing] cold. :huh:

It is :rolleyes:

, when I got back to England it was plus 15 degrees and everyone was saying it's [freezing] cold. :huh:

It is :rolleyes:

To be deemed 'freezing' the temperature needs to be at freezing point, which is not plus figures.

I have a different perception as to what 'cold' is due to my regular involvement in winter sports. When I first started out, I went out to the Alps in Italy and the temperature dropped to minus 15 degrees. THAT was [freezing] cold. Funny thing was, when I got back to England it was plus 15 degrees and everyone was saying it's [freezing] cold. :huh:

Well when I posted the other day it was bang on zero, and had been in the minus's over night. Today and yesterday its warmed up again and around the 10-15 mark and I agree thats not cold, thats what I call fresh lol :)

An early snow fall catches an autumn leaf.

leafzz.jpg

Click for full size to see texture of leaf, pretty cool. (5Mb).

no worries mate, the picture looks very good. the background is perfectly out of focus and the foreground turned out perfectly, if that was the look you were going after. :thumbsup: