Fallout 3

Rocky

Yeah, I stumbled upon that wreck also. The Alien Blaster is awesome, but it's hard to find ammo for it...unless you use the console of course... :whistle:

Anyway, I've been looking around for some unique weapons for a while and I've found several good ones. I'm using the Xuanlong(sp?) (Chinese Assault Rifle), Vengeance (Gatling Laser), and Lincoln's Repeater (Hunting Rifle that uses .44 magnum rounds). Lincoln's Repeater has an uncanny ability to get 1-shot-kill headshots nearly all the time.

If you're looking for Vengeance, you'd better be good at fighting Deathclaws. Oh, and if you're into Big Guns, getting Linden's Outcast Power Armor would be a good idea also.

OOOOHHHHHHHHH!

Drool Factor Ten!

I haven't found any of those yet, except maybe for the repeater. Did get the Victory Rifle (sniper rifle + 1,000,000,000,000 coolness), Ol' Painless (cool doublebarrel shotgun, I think), the Terrible Shotgun (most badassed combat shotgun in the CW, yo!), and something else I'm sure. The silenced 10mm pistol is weak, sure, but it's great for some Sam Fisher moments, especially once you level-up to where you can get a headshot once in a while. Sneak attacks are ALWAYS critical, after all! The dart gun is teh seks, though. All the homemade weapons rock my soxx! I'm a shishkebob-weilding fool in those dark underground tunnels full of ghouls. And the rock-it launcher! Killing with ashtrays and paperweights and scorched pre-war books is TOO fun!

Haven't ever messed with the console yet. Been tempted, though...

@Rocky: Set aside 120 caps for Nova. You won't regret it... ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rocky: Set aside 120 caps for Nova. You won't regret it... ;)

Is that the dame I met in the first town, in the bar? Funny enough, that's when I started kicking myself about the caps.

Yup. When first you enter Moriarty's Saloon, she's the one with Gob messing with the radio. Let's just say that the 120 caps doesn't ONLY buy you a room for the night, but some 'company' as well...

Luckily, the game was made with kids in mind as well, and doesn't go into any detail at all...

On a lighter note, I finally got to drink the sap at Oasis and meet Harold/Bob/whoever. Good stuff. I now have skin like tree bark. That, along with the after-effects of Moira Brown's radiation sickness experiment, leave me wondering what OTHER character mutations are out there...

And I found another interesting spot just West of there, on the very Northern edge of the map. Not a fast-travel location, but still interesting. Some good loot there. And just west of THAT, another dead lone wastelander with an interesting note... Wonder who Marko is...

And I wonder- after I find Dad, can I kill-off Three Dog? I'm gonna try that, since he's talking even MORE smack on me on the air now...

I was just on my way to find out, too.

Interesting sidebar- Moira Brown will still give you the quest and tasks for the Wasteland Survival Guide even after you blow-up Megaton. She may well be the ONE person in the Capitol Wasteland who thinks it's COOL to get turned into a ghoul...

I'm gonna help her with the book, if only for the perks, and then kill her anyway. Dart gun v.2 to the head, beeotch!

I get annoyed by Moira, but she does give you a lot of nice stuff, especially if you do the optional parts of each quest for her. I wouldn't try to kill her though. She has one of the best default repair skills of any NPC. The only exceptions are the roaming Traders you can invest in (i.e. upgrade) at Canterbury Commons. The bad things is that even though you may invest in those traders, they're not invincible and can die at any time which renders any investment useless. Get it while you can...

Good point. While I can do a FAR better job myself, I need a like item with which to work. No such critter exists for the Alien Blaster. Maybe I'll spare Moira.

But that leaves me wondering how to slaughter the REST of Underworld without alienating her...

Decisions, decisions... Sooner or later I'll run out of ammo for the blaster, and THEN she may well be done for...

And that Three Dog HATES me right now. I feel like that guy in the XFL (back of jersey: 'HE HATE ME')...

• 1 month later...

Just started playing this. What can I say but wow?

Found an assault rifle in the basement of the school. Shame I used all the ammo on those ant things. :(

Found some grenades and some knives too, including one Rambo-esque knife. Gonna head up to Graytditch (?) before going to Megaton, see if I can find some more ammo/shooters there.

On a more serious note, was I supposed to kill the Overseer?

I beat up a super-mutant and stole his minigun. Well actually, I led him back to Big Town (?) where some of the residents were armed. So when the super-mutant was trying to kill the townfolk, I stabbed him with my knife. Came across one of those bipedal crab things too. Damn, they're hard to kill. Used all my ammo on it and it was still coming at me, so I used the trusty baseball bat on it then (it still took about 10 hits from the baseball bat to kill him, that was after half a mag of minigun rounds and some laser pistol rounds too.) It seems he could withstand more damage than a super-mutant.

I need to find that sledge hammer and flamethrower that my brother found on the Xbox version....

Edited by WytchDokta

There's a glitch in this game that stopped me getting an achievement.

Big Trouble In Big Town or something it was called - Rescue the captives from the super-mutants in German town. I find Red, rescue him, give him my submachine gun, which had over 100 rounds, but he never used it. I told him to come with me (should have told him to stay there until I had rescued Shorty I guess, but I needed the support as I didn't have much ammo for other weapons)

We get to the room where shorty was being held. There was a super-mutant in there. So Red ran straight into the room (ahead of me), didn't even draw his weapon to shoot the enemy. So he ended up getting killed. I still managed to get Shorty out alive, but you don't get the achievement for that.

Anyone know how I acquire the Power Armour training? I managed to get a Power Armour suit but can't use it until I've done the training. I got it on the part where you help those Brotherhood guys (and 2 girls - girls in a 'Brotherhood'? :huh: Okay.....) Some of them died fighting the supermutant behemoth - I just pulled out the Fat Man mini tac nuke launcher and nuked his ass. Which he survived :blink: and fled. He came back a few seconds later with almost no hitpoints, so I shot his arm off. :D

Edited by WytchDokta

Alright, i know how you guys feel when i post about how fun GRAW1/2 on the 360 are now.

Fallout3's a great game and all but it's a total perversion/simplification of one of the most incredibly produced RPG franchises there has ever been. It's oblivion with guns, guys.

Do yourselves a favor and check out F1/2, there's a definite GR-GRAW vibe about fallout3's status as a 'sequel'.

Guys, I'm stuck on one side-quest. I'm in the process of delivering Lucy's letter. I've been to Arefu, and found out what happened to her parents while attempting to deliver the letter to them. Now I'm to deliver her letter to her brother, Ian. Therein lies the problem; the guy at Arefu said something about Ian could be in one of two places - Moonshine Outdoor Cinema or Hamilton's Hideaway. I been to and thoroughly explored both places and Ian isn't there. I've even been over at night because I remember that guy saying something about Lucy's family traveling about at night. But still no sign of him.

So guys, where is this guy I have to deliver the letter to?

Also, is there a 'secret' way to get into the broken bow of the Rivet City ship? I've found the way around the side from the ground outside Rivet City, but the lock on the door is the hardest difficulty setting (something like 100 Lockpick skill is required :blink: )

Made some new weapons, although I can't find any ammo for my Rock-It Launcher anywhere.

Just on my way to nail the third guy for the Ghoul leader (Mr Crawley?), damn, it's viscious out there in the north east. I keep getting killed by Deathclaws (giant humanoid rat kinda things). A direct hit from a rocket in their face doesn't even scratch them! :huh: I'm not touching those things, or Mirelurks for that matter, in melee, not even with my cool firesword thing I made.

Once i've popped this guy I can go back to Rivet City and find the fourth guy to cap. The problem is, I've already searched the entire ship for him five times and I can't find him there. The arrows on the radar thing seem to be telling me it's the patient that is unconcious in the medical lab - I killed him and it still said I had not killed the fourth guy.

I already had to flee from one metro because it was full or Mirelurks. Those things.... You run backwards shooting and they charge forward at you. It's worse with the Deathclaws, those things leap at you. If only I could make it back to the Yao Guai nest further back down the hill in time before I get mauled to death my Deathclaws pouncing on me. I have the 2 animal friend perks.... Saw one of those 'Guais take out a Radscorpion with a single hit.

Oh and if you didn't know - find Arlington Library and take all the Pre-War books you find to the woman there. She pays 100 caps for each Pre-War book you bring her.

Now if I could find that damn pressure cooker again so that I can make the Railway Gun. I swear I saw one in a metro somewhere (probably in that Mirelurk infested metro that I legged it from)

Edited by WytchDokta

Guys, I'm stuck on one side-quest. I'm in the process of delivering Lucy's letter. I've been to Arefu, and found out what happened to her parents while attempting to deliver the letter to them. Now I'm to deliver her letter to her brother, Ian. Therein lies the problem; the guy at Arefu said something about Ian could be in one of two places - Moonshine Outdoor Cinema or Hamilton's Hideaway. I been to and thoroughly explored both places and Ian isn't there. I've even been over at night because I remember that guy saying something about Lucy's family traveling about at night. But still no sign of him.

I believe he says three places. Anyway, one of them is going to have a ghoul scientist in it -- talk to him, go out the trapdoor in the back of his office, and search around the metro system until you find The Family.

The other door into the rivet city broken bow is... through the broken bow. Swim around.

The other door into the rivet city broken bow is... through the broken bow. Swim around.

And become rapidly irradiated? I looked by where to the planes have fallen down, no way of gettig up there (due to the angle of the planes, there's no way of climbing on to of them to reach the lower deck of the broken bow)

Ghoul scientist? I have seen one somewhere. Is it the one in the ghoul city of Underworld?

Okay, I found the way into the borken bow of the ship, whereby I had to 'swim.' You didn't wan me that there's Mirelurks in there. I also found Ian - Vance would let me spak to him and had locked the door to where [ian] was being held in isolation, so I had to 'remove' Vance.

Acquired power armour training too. But, how do I get the dog familiar/follower?

I wanna ask - Is there a amount of realism in this game? I know its Fallout and based in post-apocalypse DC (?) however I can get pretty irritated when I shoot something in the face with large caliber bullets and it still is charging at me. Or I kill somone and the authorities can use psychic abilities to find me despite my stealth (Oblivion).

And become rapidly irradiated? I looked by where to the planes have fallen down, no way of gettig up there (due to the angle of the planes, there's no way of climbing on to of them to reach the lower deck of the broken bow)

Ghoul scientist? I have seen one somewhere. Is it the one in the ghoul city of Underworld?

No. He's in a station east of aryefu or whatever.

And yeah, take some rad-x first and be ready to use some radaway when you're out of the water. The entrance is underwater.