Installing Island Thunder asks to uninstall GR ?

rwatson

Got the origional GR and managed to install Desert Seige....But WhenI try to install Island Thunder it keeps asking me If I want to uninstall GR.

I've uninstalled them and did the proper regedits but keep getting the same thing.Also I tried copying the cd to my hard drive and installing from there.

A fellow on another forum has the same problem..I'm running 32 bit Vista and tried all the compatability modes. Any help is appreciated

Could one of the mods move this post to the correct forum.Please

Edited by rwatson

Rocky

Thank you for the reply...I solved the issue by following your uninstall procedure to the letter and all 3 cd's went in great and I got it all patched to 1.4..

Probably something I missed first time around,,But it's running sweet now...It's off to mod time as soon as I zip up a good base install.

Thanks

• 8 years later...

I have a similar problem, but instead of not being able to instal Island Thunder, I can't install BOTH EXPANSIONS. I have 3 CD's - one for GR, one for Desert Siege and a last one for IT. The Ghost Recon CD works fine even if I can't update to v1.4.0 (I've downloaded the four patches on this site but apart from the first they won't work). But when I try to install Desert Siege (through the auto run) the only options I have is to either uninstall GR or play (not install) Desert Siege, if i dont use the autorun and try to run the setup from the CD root as admin. the game asks if i want to unistall GR. All this nonsense also happens with Island thunder. 

Somebody please help - I adore this game and was really looking forward to play it both offline an online.

Anhother thing - does anybody know if it's possible to install the expansions on the GOG version??

Thanks in advance for your attention.

I remember this issue from before.

If I recall the correct way to install all the expansions is to ...

Install GR

Install DS

Install IT

Install 1.4 patch http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=172

Before you can do this you will need a clean start, so the complete removal of GR is detailed in this report.

Let us know how you get on.

Отзывай гог версию и ставь из стима, работает без проблем, хоть и просит денег. Но это они зря буржуи, они мне еще за Севастополь ответят.

Thank you for the reply

Rocky

. Unfortunately I really CAN'T follow your instructions as much as I woul like to simply because I can't install either Desert Siege nor Island Thunder. I will try to clean the registry using both methods (regcleaner & manual -but somehoe I doubt it...) and apply the v1.4.0 update. (By the way don't i need the v1.3.5.0 one..?) The version I have is Ghost Recon Gold Edition and comprises 3 CD'S - 1 for the game and two for the expansions. Hopefully your fabulous instructions will let me finally play one of my favourites and take a huge break from ArmA 3.

Thanks mate - you're awesome!! I'll keep you posted.

AlexKimov - с уважением из Португалия - Mihail Iosifovich

Nope. Didn't work. cleaned up the registry with regcleaner and also manualy (what a redundancy, I know...) Install GR without a problem. But when it comes to DS, I keep getting the same obnoxious message from the installer:

Welcone to the InstallShield Wizard for Ghost Recon: Desert Siege

The Wizard will uninstall Ghost recon. To continue, click Next.

And that's it. I really hate Windows 10. Is there some kind of other solution or workaround that I could try?

It's not a Win10 issue, people were getting this problem before Win10 came out.

I do not know how to help you further, that manual uninstall guide I posted should really have cleanly uninstalled GR allowing you to install it again.

What happens if you click Next and let it uninstall GR?

7 hours ago, krovosos1685 said:

I have 3 CD's - one for GR, one for Desert Siege and a last one for IT.

Starting with Win7 installing with a set of GR CD's doesn't work. I think Microsoft screwed up the Digital Rights Management with Win 7, 8 and 10. 
I got my set of CDs to work but only by downloading something that is not allowed to be named here at GR.net. 

Buying the Steam version is the best option if I'm correct. 

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, wombat50 said:

Starting with Win7 installing with a set of GR CD's doesn't work. I think Microsoft screwed up the Digital Rights Management with Win 7, 8 and 10. 
I got my set of CDs to work but only by downloading something that is not allowed to be named here at GR.net. 

this. or the gog version is a steam DRM alternative

Теоретически можно установить Стим версию и попробовать скопировать остальные дополнения в папку для модов. Проблема в том, что на дисках все сжато в архивы, и я сам когда-то с подобным столкнулся и , не долго думая, купил все на распродажах в Стиме за 100 р.. В общем, дорогой вампир ) ты знаешь, что делать.

Not a bad variant. Sometimes it's the only one. Not a long time ago, I have decided to buy GR AW for scientific purpose, but with no luck. Then, it was magic, for sure. 

Edited by AlexKimov

On 07/05/2017 at 19:11, Rocky said:

I do not know how to help you further,

It's ok mate. As it is you were fantastic. I guess it's ArmA again. I miss me some GR classic and R6 RvS though, ArmA doesn't come close...

On 07/05/2017 at 23:47, shakealeg1212 said:

or the gog version is a steam DRM alternative

I actually made the mistake of "rage buying" the GoG version, after I failed to install my Gold Edition. First time (and hopefully the last) that GoG disappointed me - I was expecting to get a bundle of game plus both expansions and some "goodies", as they normally do with their titles, but - alas! - what I got was only the base game patched to v1.4.0. This pretty much means that everyone that has that sole version will not  be able to try amazing things like frostbite, blood oil, or CENTCOM. If I wasn't to lazy I would start a post so that GR newbies wouldn't spend their money for nothing.

On 07/05/2017 at 23:11, wombat50 said:

Now that explains it. Like I thought it is Microsoft fault. their recent OS's are backward compatability hell.

as far as the "something" you can't mention here in the forums I think I've got what you mean bro. I'll try that. But I might be mistaken so if you are kind enough to PM

Edited by krovosos1685
spelling errors

6 hours ago, AlexKimov said:

В общем, дорогой вампир ) ты знаешь, что делать.

zdarova Aleks i spasibo bol'shoe za vashe soobshchenie.

Da... chuvak - Dumaju, ja znaju chto delat'

Edited by krovosos1685

Drop me a PM if you are still stuck, as I have a spare Ghost Recon Collection on steam that has all the games, I'm sure we could come to an agreement. After all, we can't have you going back to ARMA!!