Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GrimeyAK

Dawn Of War Patching Errors

I'm having a LOT of trouble with Dawn of War and Vista right now. I'm using Vista Ultimate x64, and every time I try to patch Dawn of War or Dark Crusade it tells me:

Patching error: The patching system detects that critical game files have been modified. Files are either missing, have been moved, or were modified. Uninstall and reinstall Dawn of War, then try again.

This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't already reinstalled several times. It's really getting on my nerves now. Does anyone know of a fix so that I can properly patch it?

Are you sure they're in the correct order? IIRC, DoW requires a ton of patches that have to be done in the correct order. I don't remember ever seeing any cumulative patches.

Are you sure they're in the correct order? IIRC, DoW requires a ton of patches that have to be done in the correct order. I don't remember ever seeing any cumulative patches.

I've never played DoW. Just Dark Crusade and now am trying to make sense of Soulstorm. I never had any problems with DC, because of its relatively smaller/fewer patch, but Soulstorm definitely left a lot to be desired. The patches are upward 200 megs each.

Anyway, firefly might be right. Try to download all the patches and install them in sequence.