Warhead Reviews Are In.

PwntUpRage

• 2 months later...

As with the full game, I was happy with it until the aliens got involved. All of the jungle fighting stuff agains the Koreans was fun. A little more corridor-feeling, but not bad. Still more than one way to skin each cat in this game, and I'd have to agree with the high marks- it's visually impressive, relatively open, and has smooth interfaces. And I always wondered what the crap 'Psycho' was up to while I was rollin' solo in Crysis. Now I know...

IMO, the game would have been better if we'd of actually to to play the parts where Psycho & Nomad were operating as a 2-man team in the original Crysis (like at the harbour where Psycho was on overwatch providing sniper cover for Nomad), but playing as Pyscho himself.

And why can I still put a sniper scope on the shotgun? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Is that battle at the airport the final mission?

just that level is making me very nauseated, I wondering can I skip it or is there a code to make me invincible so I can avoid all the laser sheets that making me vomit?

if final level then I will just not finish it

thanks

NVRMND: Its last level...will just not finish it

• 1 month later...

Ahhhh, Cpl Led, haven't sensed that 'DOOM' dread in you for awhile. The airport is a kick, though the first half against only Koreans was much better than the alien love fest later. Hate how they auto damage all vehicles and get rid of the one tank you can drive before second half starts. I enjoyed the game very much, but like the Rabbi, would have preferred more fights with the KPA, or at least more bad guys in each encounter.

• 1 month later...

The audio/visual effects of this game have to be the very best I've ever seen...

I'm currently playing thru it and Far Cry 2 (I rotate) at the same time...both are stunning but I think Warhead gets the final nod. I especially liked the sequence where all the Navy ships were frozen. That was pretty neat.

Now if only it were more of a realistic tac-sim...

Now if only it were more of a realistic tac-sim...

I think this is the closest thing you get on the mainstream game market. On the hardest difficulty, there's no crosshair, so you have to aim with the ironsights/scopes, there are proper body stances, leaning and all, you can sneak around if you want, and you can die very easily (though the regeneration helps a lot). It's no tac-sim, but it gets a lot of things right.

Edited by Malleus

Yeah...I agree with those points...

I just think the game would've been more fun without the fancy suits and sci-fi theme...the few places where you encounter the regular KPA soldiers were always my favorite...

Still a great game...(that I really need to finish).