Multi-display Wallpaper Management

Harelip

Hi everybody!

I have a little headache-inducing problem here to which I could use some help from knowledgeable people with strong Google-fu.

I'm running BBlean shell, a variation of Blackbox's Windows version. It can use either Windows' own display settings to set up a desktop wallpaper or it's own bsetroot app. However, I haven't found a way to make a command line tell bsetroot to put a different wallpaper on two displays. It just sticks the same on both.

Preferably, I'd like to know what on earth do I have to write on the command line so bsetroot will understand what I want. Bsetroot has a switch, -vdesk, which has something to do with virtual desktops. How it's used, exactly? I have no idea. I've read the help files and as many forum threads I could find, but am still none the wiser.

Option two would be to find a simple, low-resource wallpaper manager to do the job. Ideally, something that wouldn't even need to run in the background, but would do it all by messing with the registry. I'm not too keen on the programs I've come across. I'd just like one that puts a wallpaper I want, where I want, and doesn't go about doing a million other things.

So, in short, can anyone tell me how to set up different wallpapers for two different displays? Without using some bloatware wallpaper managers, if at all possible. For reference, this is how my displays are set. I'm using dualview mode.

Primary display: 1280x1024 - Secondary: 1280x768

Thank you, NoQuarter.

Active desktop seemed to be a no-go, but I tried that Displayfusion app and it's what I needed. I can set the wallpapers as I please and there's no need to keep it running all the time, nor have it launch at system startup.

Issue is sorted.