Ghost Recon.net Forums
Deadpreacher

Formatting A New Hardrive

Set the boot order to CD first. Then try to install. I am puzzled as to why your PC couldn't see the drive when it was the only one though. I guess it is due to you having to have the jumper in CS at least (that would be where I would have put it).

Good Luck on the fresh install.

:wall: Sorry about that. Link is fixed.

Thanks for the link it looks to cover everything thats going on. Will try to give it a better look over tomorrow and see if i get any better results!

DP, don't know why I didn't ask this to start with, did you get the missing NTLDR error booting from the "new" HDD? If so, then that is expected until you get Windows installed on it. (It's funny how obvious things jump out at you when you come back to a problem after taking a break from it.)

Yes when i try the new HDD. From there i can't get windows to install. Since i did a fresh install less than a month ago with the same windows CD that im tring and reading just alittle on that link. Im wondering if my CD rom didn't get installed right or just aint read right now. It does read CDs, but wondering if i have to go back and make sure its installed right again before i can get it to work.

No not yet, what i have think i learned though is i need to reinstall the CD drive. Last time i installed Windows XP i don't think the CD drive installed right. I was reading on how the CD drive if not installed right wont work until windows is running. Not sure if this is really the problem, but im looking into it. Right now its just knocking things out until i find the way it works! Things have been crazy here last few days. So i haven't had the time i thought i would to have finshed this by now. Anyways i will be tring again soon once i learn how they want the CD drive installed right. Its a factory CD drive so i don't have a install disc for it. Still reading on it!