Ghost Recon.net Forums

Accessing My Harddrive

Hi, I'm using windows vista home premium and I am trying to retrieve my documents that was once used on my pc as an admin.

Now I am trying to retrieve document files and windows vista won't let me open them.

wth.jpg

anyone know how to turn this off?

thanks

Are you trying to access the folder through a tree or the folder by itself? I found early on with Vista, that if you drilled down through the trees, you could get those errors. If you accessed the folder directly, you were able to open it and have access.

Anyway, Open msconfig via Run. On the Tools tab, click on the Disable UAC link and click launch. That should disable it after a reboot. Failing that, go to Control Panel> User Accounts and Family Safety> User Accounts> Turn User Account on or off. Check the box to turn it off and click OK. Follow the commands and then you should be good to go and not have any more of them "Do You Really Want to Install xxxx on your Computer" popups too.

I had a good read of those, also i tried that TweakUAC, but no luck with that too. Thanks tho :)

@ whiteknight77, gonna look at that now ... That Didn't work either.. Thanks tho :)

Edited by squad_e

Here's a guy who tried pretty everything without luck but finally got it work:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/780283.html

4th post from the bottom.

Thanks a milly, worked in a jiffy :)

(that rhymed lol)... And to all.. :D

Edit:

But some bad things occured to, like i can't open some IMPORTANT word docuements that are to do with my Media Studies.. :(

Edited by squad_e

Not sure really if you can do this in home but in business, right click the folder, left click properties, security tab

Click advanced, then go to owner tab. Change the owner to yourself and let it set permissions, Back to the properties tab. Add guest access and your self. Give both full permissions. See if you can access it then. This should overwrite all protection and make them accessible.