Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ruin

Skype Download Help

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to download Skype to get my family all set up for when my family leaves to Jakarta in a few days. But... for whatever reason, I'm having one hell of a time downloading Skype from their website. It will download at 18Kb/s (Which is painfully slow for this connection... usually hitting 150Kb/s - 500Kb/s range), run for a few minutes, and then just stop. Sometimes it will say that it's done, but the file wont open.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could download it for me, and either host it somewhere for me, or e-mail it to me (pm for address). I'd really appreciate it!

If you google "Skype Download" you'll get a few alternative download sites.

Thanks Tinker, hopefully this will work *crosses fingers*

Walter... I tried that. Most sites linked back to Skype's download page or server.

Turns out it was my damned wireless. POS. Whatever, thanks for the link again Tinker, it still moved faster than Skype once I got wired in (bypassed my WLAN router and went straight through the cable box).

All squared away now... appreciate it! :)

God I can't wait to move...

Turns out it was my damned wireless. POS. Whatever, thanks for the link again Tinker, it still moved faster than Skype once I got wired in (bypassed my WLAN router and went straight through the cable box).

Still no luck with the wireless eh?

My ADSL at home went down for the weekend. Thought it was my Linksys modem this time (as my LAN connections were fine) but turns out they were upgrading my bandwidth speed from 1.2 Mbps to 2.5, so I guess I'll forgive my ISP for the downtime this time ... <_<