A Real Shame

It's a real shame. I watch the forum submissions diminish and feel annoyance that such a diffinitive game of it's type should be cast aside by publishers for profit.

GR and it's latest offspring, Graw2, have not been bettered by anything I've seen since. Ok, Crysis and the like are big on graphics (so they say) and appeal to the 'run and gun' fraternity, especially on game consoles and I've got one! a Playstation 3, but I can tell you it comes nowhere near the realism or slickness of play that the PC version provides!

Unfortunately, the order of the day is low attention span and quick results for minimum effort. Superficial, 'shoot everything that moves' tactics, are the most challenging it gets. So it's unlikely that we'll get a 4th version of the best military sim in the business or even add ons.

Well, from my point of view that's bad news for UBI because I won't be buying any of the less challenging stuff and certainly not game console versions!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just brought this up at Ubi in the last few days. By now, most people have heard of the free content for Vegas 2 for all platforms. Still, V2 gets updates and new features added, GRAW2 is left behind. While Black_Widow has apologized for her untimely announcement several months ago, we have yet to hear about anything on the GR front. I even wondered if Ubi can only work on one game at a time.

Maybe GR will get some loving, but as been shown over the years, Ubi might take our feedback, but they really do not listen.

I just brought this up at Ubi in the last few days. By now, most people have heard of the free content for Vegas 2 for all platforms. Still, V2 gets updates and new features added, GRAW2 is left behind. While Black_Widow has apologized for her untimely announcement several months ago, we have yet to hear about anything on the GR front. I even wondered if Ubi can only work on one game at a time.

Maybe GR will get some loving, but as been shown over the years, Ubi might take our feedback, but they really do not listen.

As of now I still have no information for you but as soon as I get some news I will let you know. :ermm:

I'm just amazed at the postings. I gave up on this franchise a while back ago, and now reading this has got me trying to find out who this "black_widow" is and seeing whats going on in GR. Of course, it's the same-ol, but there's always hope, right? :)

Black_Widow is one of the new Ubi forum managers. I honestly feel bad for her. She was kind of dropped into the fire without any warning. With the release of GRAW2 being what it was, she got to see how upset some of us fans were and how much we bashed both Ubi and GRAW2. Ubi still gets bashed, even on their own forums and as many of us know, it is of their own doing. Yes, I have bashed them and so have many of you.

I only pointed out that they finally responded to the R6 crowd and not the GR crowd who have been awaiting for some sort of news for some time. Ideally, Ubi should address all communities for all it's games and not slight one for another but I am not holding out on it.

Can we rename the GRAW 2 - PC Version forum to GRAW 2 Sucks - Ubi Bashing instead? There's already hundreds of threads like this one (some mature, some not) in this part of the forum anyway...

My question is, why not an expansion pac, i'm a multiplayer, and im thinking if Grin/Ubi could come out with the old GR maps for us.....Man i think they could make some serious bucks right there. It just seems they would have no problems doing this, and that it would be profitable for them. I honestly think peeps would even pay full price for this software. I just always wanted a decent upgrade from the first title...GR pc that is, and i think giving us those old maps with the current platform would be suffient. After playing online for awhile and reading the disscussions about why this title has not taken off, or the lack of support, i strongly believe that this request for the Original GR maps would just be enough to launch this game, and im thinking coming really close to giving us what we wanted as a GR community from the start. Knowing there are alot of opinions and wants, that i know have been left behind now in the arcives, man we where really wanting more of the same and pleading for it I know. Just i think Graw2 gives us alot of what we want. I actually like the weapon action Alot, and graphics are decent IMO, I feel that if those maps where givin to us.......wow would that be fun.

Respectfully Bill.

to be honest, I look at GRAW/GRAW2 as a tractor trailor. it was filled up and then trucked and shipped off with a few people looking in on it from time to time.

GRAW/GRAW2 is dead, or left behind with no hope. GRIN has moved on to making other games.

So I've found new fun in Disney's pirates of the carribean. my wife and I play together as a team. She's a level 34 pirate and I'm trying to catch up and am at 14. you sail the high seas, attack ships and plunder, gain levels for everything from sailing to voodoo dolls against enemy.

I might pop some caps in GRAW/GRAW2 from time to time but not with any REAL vigor.

Mmm...Ground Branch certainly sounds interesting, when are we likely to see something?

I've a vague recollection that Blackfoot Studio's work was mentioned way, way back in Graw posts. Seems like a very long project development timescale or maybe I'm mistaken?

Mike.

Can we rename the GRAW 2 - PC Version forum to GRAW 2 Sucks - Ubi Bashing instead? There's already hundreds of threads like this one (some mature, some not) in this part of the forum anyway...

My question is, why not an expansion pac, i'm a multiplayer, and im thinking if Grin/Ubi could come out with the old GR maps for us.....Man i think they could make some serious bucks right there. It just seems they would have no problems doing this, and that it would be profitable for them. I honestly think peeps would even pay full price for this software. I just always wanted a decent upgrade from the first title...GR pc that is, and i think giving us those old maps with the current platform would be suffient. After playing online for awhile and reading the disscussions about why this title has not taken off, or the lack of support, i strongly believe that this request for the Original GR maps would just be enough to launch this game, and im thinking coming really close to giving us what we wanted as a GR community from the start. Knowing there are alot of opinions and wants, that i know have been left behind now in the arcives, man we where really wanting more of the same and pleading for it I know. Just i think Graw2 gives us alot of what we want. I actually like the weapon action Alot, and graphics are decent IMO, I feel that if those maps where givin to us.......wow would that be fun.

Respectfully Bill.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked GRAW 2 (more so than GRAW 1), and if they released a good patch/expansion, then I'd be all for it. Something that adds more maps, weapons, damage model, smarter AI, a more thorough and easier to use map editor, better mod support, mod/map autodownload, etc etc I'd pay $30 for it without a problem. I'm just saying I'm sick of pretty much every new thread here saying how the game sucked, Ubi sucks, etc etc, even if it's worded nicely.

Mmm...Ground Branch certainly sounds interesting, when are we likely to see something?

I've a vague recollection that Blackfoot Studio's work was mentioned way, way back in Graw posts. Seems like a very long project development timescale or maybe I'm mistaken?

Mike.

You're mistaken (all in good fun though :) )

Most games aren't revealed until well into development, whereas Ground Branch was revealed at the very start of the project. In fact, you'd normally hear about it right about now: They recently announced that they are using the Unreal Engine 3. Intended release date is late 2008/early 2009.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Mike.

You're mistaken (all in good fun though :) )

Most games aren't revealed until well into development, whereas Ground Branch was revealed at the very start of the project. In fact, you'd normally hear about it right about now: They recently announced that they are using the Unreal Engine 3. Intended release date is late 2008/early 2009.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Well I'll just say this, UBI isn't producing Ground Branch..this is a group of devs and modders who are working to make this happen.

relax.

Yes I agree Black_Widow got a bad job, GRAW went south in comparison to [GR],

back to hibernation mode till the next episode. Ground branch (thankyou for the link

Papa6) is a contender, but the time frame is open.

I'm looking for something new and filling in the hours with other games.

The GRAW Series has so many possibilities but we all know time will bring the next [GR]

eventually, Ground branch or the likes. We waited several years for OGR2 and ghostrecon 2 came out but was canned for PC and then came GRAW.

let me look at GB http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=13

;)

welcome to the club. but if you crave real action, keep an eye on Blackfoot studios at their current project: Ground branch with threads of screen shots.

this group and fan base are of the old GR days people. people are less than thrilled with UBISOFT/RSE.

Speaking of Ground Branch when is this game scheduled for release, i read on the site that it is slated for a 2008 release but that is as far as it goes, anyone know of a more firm time table. Thanks for any info.

We all talk about this new game from black foot but i cant see the the weapon graphics and physics being as good as graw2 and as for the sound graw2 has the best gun sounds ever. If only the multiplayer community would adopt the rsva mode of game play it has all the teamwork the the old gr crowd crave.

We all talk about this new game from black foot but i cant see the the weapon graphics and physics being as good as graw2 and as for the sound graw2 has the best gun sounds ever. If only the multiplayer community would adopt the rsva mode of game play it has all the teamwork the the old gr crowd crave.

Based on on the fact that Ground Branch is using the Unreal Engine 3 and the teaser images we have seen, I think the answer is that the Ground Branch graphics will be "good enough". SnowFella has done most of the gun models and they're of his usual (high) quality so no worries there. Hatchetforce is on the dev team and apart from being an avid gamer he's a 20-year Special Forces veteran. They will not, repeat NOT, screw up the weapons, be it handling, ballistics, penetration or terminal performance, which means they'll be better than GRAW. Guaranteed :thumbsup:

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

:popcorn: Ground Branch is developed by the avid community of gamers from the days of Ghost Recon. This, also being lead by John who if my memory serves, was a dev for RSE for GR.

Ground Branch will culminate into a game of what was left open by the detour that the GR franchise took.

I'm VERY optimistic at this point.

@krise madsen; Unreal 3 engine? I'm not a fan of it but but the people behind GB, I'd say they could do this right.

Our squad is looking forwards to Ground Branch. We discussed the next game that was good enuf to get the whole squad interested in shooters again. We're a diverse group so some like AA, others like ArmA, some like GRAW2 but we all loved [GR]. I'd love to see Ground Branch be the next Game of the Year. ;)

It's a shame GRAW2 wasn't supported, had UBI listened to the suggestions of this community they still might be selling copies. As it is, UBI puts out the titles and grabs the money. Then on to the next project. The last UBI title I purchased after [GR] was Lock On (I did buy GR2 for console, I still feel raped for that one). Then several years down the road GRAW2. I doubt highly that UBI will get another dollar from me. I know most of my squaddies feel the same way, all 30+ of us. :)

It's a real shame. I watch the forum submissions diminish and feel annoyance that such a diffinitive game of it's type should be cast aside by publishers for profit.

GR and it's latest offspring, Graw2, have not been bettered by anything I've seen since.

I agree. In fact, I play GRAW1 and GRAW2 in LAN Campaign CO-OP with 3 buddies and we are more than happy with both of these games. Our preferred games before GRAW1/2 were [GR], Ravenshield and SWAT4.

If UBI/GRIN started sending out add-ons to either GRAW1 or GRAW2, we would be more than happy to pay for these also. Simply because - as tecmic says - they have not been bettered since and there is nothing interesting (except Ground Branch) in view soon.

So, UBI - start pumping out GRAW1/2 addons right now! Thats an order! And while you are at it, take all previous R6 missions and upgrade them to Ravenshield!

:) MadMike