GRAW not installing under vista

hello friends,

i tried to find a solution for my prob before using searchtool, but i didnt find anything especially dedicated to vista users. since i believe that there are a lot of graw/vista users having the same probs, i start a new topic dedicated to this issue.

so, heres my prob, mostly wellknown i presume:

i cant install graw under vista basic, installation stops before it starts, pointing to errorcode -6001.

the xp-solution doesnt work since i cant locate the folders containing all the installshield-stuff due to they are at different locations under vista.

i also tried to run graw "as an administrator", but it keeps going on with the 6001-behaviour (pretty annoying besides)

my sys:

Hewlett packard Pavilion Desktop PC a6102de:

vista basic

amd x64 (not dualcore),

3gig RAM,

NVIDIA-graphics geforce 8600gt,

cd/dvdwriter with lightscribe

160gig HD

please help, or if there is already a similar topic for vista-users, merge and tell me where i find help

thxalot

Edited by graw6001hater

• 1 month later...

^

Have you tried one (or both) of these work-arounds?

http://www.ghostrecon.net/faqs/index.php?a...&artlang=en

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44135 (Post #86)

OP: I've just double-checked, and the locations/paths of these folders are the same for Vista as they are in XP...make sure your Folder Options>Advanced settings allow hidden file/folder access.

According to some it might help if you disable any AV during the installation of the core program. Couldn't hurt.