Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X PC Trailer

Iceman87

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like GRAW in the sky...He's got a cross-com inside his visor and the tanks are lit up by red diamonds.

Actually, GRAW is more like fighter planes on the ground LOL. but i see what you mean.

Eh, I'm not sure about all this tie-in stuff. Probably a game I will get though since I liked AC6 and I just can't see this being too much of a simulation. Hopefully with more realsim then AC6 though.

wow, looks like an(-other) amazing piece of crap with superb graphics. Totally arcade and looks to be perfectly on line with the direction Tom Clancy or whoever owns him is going.

Sorry for the first bad review (you'all knew it was coming) but it's one part dissolusionment, and 2 parts of "what kind of arcade crap is this?!" F.A.W.X. :)

wow, looks like an(-other) amazing piece of crap with superb graphics. Totally arcade and looks to be perfectly on line with the direction Tom Clancy or whoever owns him is going.

Sorry for the first bad review (you'all knew it was coming) but it's one part dissolusionment, and 2 parts of "what kind of arcade crap is this?!" F.A.W.X. :)

I dont' see how you get that from a cg-pre-rendered trailer(there's no realtime in-game footage as far as i can tell), but I agree with you none the less based on the past 2-3 years of Ubi Tom Clancy games.

Edited by Brettzies

50 aircraft, 4 player "drop in" co-op, and best of all, you play as a mercenary PMC* "employee" earning cash to buy weapons upgrades. Also, with full "assists" turned on, it makes "even the average pilot feel like Iceman".

This shark comes pre-jumped.

* Private Military Company

I hope at the very least, that the fighter shown in that trailer isn't the only one available.

Wouldn't (theoretically speaking) the F-22 and F/A 35 JSF still be around in that timeframe? You'd hope that these would be choices of airframes from which to use in any given mission.

Hopefully it also allows for full customisation of loadout, similar to Over G Fighters (not sure if AC6 has customisable loadouts?)

I'd hazard to guess this would be a straight fighter/bomber game aswell, which is a shame as it would be nice to have the option to pilot, or in some cases be the gunner of a AH-64D Apache Longbow.

Edit: Hadn't seen any mention of multiple aircraft in the trailer, probably should've looked for a press release before jumping to conclusions about aircraft choice.

Edited by Delta One Zero

Hopefully with more realsim then AC6 though.

He drops a smart bomb that magically turns into a rocket. Hmm... lol

I understand it's not in-game footage, but it looks no different than the GRAW2 trailer, and if it's anything like GRAW, like it looks to be claiming, I just can't see myself liking it. I love flight sims and [GR], and it looks like it could be an interesting idea, just wish it were done back in 2001. :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot......isn't "Jester Dead"???

Edited by durka-durka

50 aircraft, 4 player "drop in" co-op, and best of all, you play as a mercenary PMC* "employee" earning cash to buy weapons upgrades. Also, with full "assists" turned on, it makes "even the average pilot feel like Iceman".

This shark comes pre-jumped.

* Private Military Company

I think the PMC is probably their new bad guy....because you know, its not very nice to make real world countries the bad guy. Just look what happened to Mexico, none of the other countries will talk to them anymore. Everyone thinks they are trying to smuggle a nuke into the US.

I think I'm gonna barf. ######? This is starting to sound like the wing commander spin off jet game. Anyone remember that? PMC...good lord, who has the cash to maintian airpower...c'mon.

lol, it's seriously a "PMC?" I didn't even read the description of the game....i'm gonna do that right now lol...

Oh hey Rocky....you misspelled the title in the news headline! shhhh! I won't tell

Edited by durka-durka

e drops a smart bomb that magically turns into a rocket. Hmm... lol

I understand it's not in-game footage, but it looks no different than the GRAW2 trailer, and if it's anything like GRAW, like it looks to be claiming, I just can't see myself liking it. I love flight sims and [GR], and it looks like it could be an interesting idea, just wish it were done back in 2001. :(

I see what you mean.

Well, I liked AC6 for what it was, but had it been called Tom Clany's AirCombat Six I would have had a different opinion. Saddness.

At least with AC6 they tried to make the countries seem real or I should say believable...Ameria(America) and Estovakia(Cztechs?). But, yeah, it was over the top. Still fun and cool....but that just doesn't fit with what you would hope for in a Tom Clancy game....I forgot though, it's now:

Ubi's TomClancy's HAWX

Edited by Brettzies

Yeah, completely agree Brettzies. There used to be a time when the name "Tom Clancy" brought a type of realistic, or at least insider's view to a game or book. Now the cheeze factor has gone straight through the roof and into space. What a shame, ya know?

Oh hey Rocky....you misspelled the title in the news headline! shhhh! I won't tell

I kinda had a nagging feeling I did, but I can't see anything wrong with it now I look again...? Is it still wrong or has Pave fixed it for me?

Oh, lol got it now, tx.

God bless the internet, this is what I was looking for:

Strike Commander

Even better:

- take that fancy Ubi Teaser!

That game was real world jets but with the whole Mercenary fly for cash theme. Looked cool but since my father flew F-16s for the military I thought it was an absurd idea. Now I see Ubi may be doing something similar.

Coool look back on flight sims of the 90s though(the golden age of PC sims):

1990s Flight Sims

Edited by Brettzies

I remember Strike Commander. It was a cool game for its time, although it got a little boring after a while, or it might just have been my teenage attention span.

Ok.. I have been talking to some friends about this, and we were trying to figure out what plane that was in the trailer. I think it looks like a newer version of the Eurofighter but I don't know.. Anyone know right off the top of there head on what it is?

Wow...i was really hoping it would be a cool addition to the GR series but it appears it's just more of that "viral" marketing that we've come to expect from the franchise. It's a distant hope, but i would like to see it turn out like Jane's Apache LongBow Sim, or at least, like Gunship; sadly enough however, i feel it will be the R6: Lockdown of flight games.

It seems interesting, and from looking at the movie it looks as if it's closer to Ace Combat than something like Falcon 4.0. We'll just have to wait until some real gameplay videos come out before saying anything. I like sims as much as the next person, but I also like games where you can get into some crazy dogfights a la Ace Combat. If it does go to in the vein of the AC series, I hope it will at least be as good as those games and have the same attention to detail with regards to plane models.

As for the plane in the trailer, I think it was a Eurofighter Typhoon. Also, with the in-helmet HUD, I think I read somewhere that they were developing that for use with the F-35 JSF. I'll have to try and find where I read that.

Ok.. I have been talking to some friends about this, and we were trying to figure out what plane that was in the trailer. I think it looks like a newer version of the Eurofighter but I don't know.. Anyone know right off the top of there head on what it is?

Dassault Rafale. It's in Ace Combat 6 too.

While I was a bit off in my other post about the aircraft, I am right about the unrealisticness of the flight dynamics and flight envelope. That doesn't take into account the fact one wouldn't fly between buildings like that. :wacko:

More annoying is the negative G push over from 90degree climb he does. At least roll over and pull through. I didn't think the video was bad up until that point. However, it does smell of the first GRAW trailer and the second one too. I feel like they are reusing bits and just changing the color/lighting, cameras, char placement, you know how they called in some F15s to blow up the tanks.

GRAW1 - cinematic trailer - youTube

Edited by Brettzies

IL2 Sturmovik, anyone? :blink:

This game will never be a flight simulation, I ******* guarantee. :wall:

A private army affording an airforce and attacking the US. Is the writer of this crap on crack. Wake up ubi and look at the ###### you are producing.

Guns of the Patriots comes in mind, but seriously, I don't know...Ubi hired some 14 years old child to write that script.

PS. http://www.mondoxbox.com/immagini.php?view...id=34589#topnav

PSS. Why in the god is this in PC Category? Are you nuts Rocky?

Edited by capteenix

Like Brettzies said, this has the feel of the GRAW1 trailer. Heck, it even looks like Mexico to me! :lol:

My prediction: This will be an all out, Hollywood-razzle-dazzle-bling-bling-cinematic arcade-action-linear-with-lots-of-cutscenes game with about 0,05% realism.

Mind you, I'm not saying it will necessarily be a bad game. I'm just saying it won't be a flight sim. In fact, anyone using the term "flight sim" deserves a swift kick in the goolies.

EDIT: Yes the background story will undoubtedly be totally gay, but I don't think that matters. Remember that the original Rainbow Six stories were pretty daft as well, yet the games were brilliant.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen