Game stops responding/won't initialize/uninstall!

scope

Ok, where to start. I got the game yesterday, patched up to 1.05 no problems. Passed mission two and decided to install v1.45 of Bret's weapons/new look ghosts mod. I used the unbundle method and followed it to the letter, but the mod didn't work in game so I thought nothing of it. Completed up to the start of mission 4, but the game froze on loading locking up my whole system.

I rebooted, but now the game would not load. Even the uninstall didn't work, it would just stop (says its still running in the task manager but nothing was happening.) I even did a system restore to two days prior, installed with the same problems. It seems to load, but it takes about 30 mins to proceed to the next window (so the install splash screen takes 30 mins for the install wizard to start!!) Same when you load and get the "Ghost Recon ...." loading bar thing. Takes 30 odd mins for it to load instead of 15 seconds to get to the main menu. It then crashed again when I went to change my game settings to hard.

I'm at a loss, can't understand the problem. Perhaps someone can give me some help? Even after uninstalling, system restore and installing again its not working :blink::wacko: The disc is fine no scratches or anything. Its really weird because it worked flawlessly until that level. I don't know if its bret's mod or the install thats porked it up. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it!

Spec:

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz E6600

GPU: XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

RAM: 4Gb Corsair XMS Dominator DDR

Sound: X-fi xtreme gamer edition

Edited by ScOpE

Bump... Anyone? I've got a dead game until I can get this sorted. If anyone has experienced this before please help!

By the way, just did a quick test. With the task manager up, you have two programs GRIN and GRAW2.exe. GRIN was running fine (I take it thats the load bar thing?) but GRAW2 is not responding from the very moment its started. Quite strange. Really at a loss with this, never seen anything like it. I would normally say bad install, but I've uninstalled and installed again with the same problem :'(

HELP!!:please:

Ok, nearly 50 views and no help? Someone must have an idea of whats happening? Please guys, throw me a bone.

Edited by ScOpE

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling JJUK? If your experiencing the same problems it will take a fair while, but it may work in the end. I really have no idea why mine started, or if indeed the defrag fix was simply coincidence. Give it a go anyway, it would seem that this problem is by far just a "one off".

Are you running Vista by any chance? I've read there are problems with Vista. Google it you may come up with a fix.

yep i run vista but i installed and had no problem ive just found the solution though just ,i had to remove my Xfi sound card and now it works :)???????

Hmmm. Have you tried downloading the new X-fi drivers from the website? I installed them recently, prehaps thats what stopped the problem?

yep it was the only bit of software left for me to insatll and i patched it straight away, ive just been told for my xfi to work i need to dl a program called alchmy ??

gonna try soon