Ghost Recon.net Forums
Papa6

Photo Corner

:thumbsup:

Octosplash001.jpg

Sinkingpound2.jpg

Sinkingpound.jpg

a few more from todays experiments

first time i've shot in RAW and got anything okay to use (i shot in .PEF last time and my program couldn't open it XD this time they are DNG) i converted them obviously, but i have to say the quality is MUCH better compared to the likes of JPEG, i might use it more often i can see what people mean about flexibility as well.

IMGP5233.jpg

IMGP5241.jpg

IMGP5239.jpg

there are more just see how these three go down first :)

i NEED absolute honest critique on these images, i am looking to improve my photography skills so honesty and advice is MUCH appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edited by Zeealex

I like the first 2, not keen on the last

The 1st one theres an old saying "The devils in the detail" the dust in the binos lens stands out a mile give it a good kleen if your gonna go in close

The 2nd good exposure, well composed, good colour and background, For me spoiled by a lack of DOF needs more depth of field or if you have a program that suports it "Focus stacking"

Here a few from today

DoubleDice002.jpg

Dice002.jpg

I replaced the white background with a black one here and used the second flash to give extra side lite

DoubleDice003.jpg

thanks for the criticism hammer, The binocs have been given a good clean since that photo when i noticed the dust on them :o

i'll look into the DOF bit, might be my mode, again. can't get my head around all these modes XD

i think what does it with the 3rd is the eyepiece in the corner, it looks awkward being there, out of focus and is perhaps a deterrent. looking on it with a pair of rested eyes is a great thing XD

love the new ones! my fave is the third, the black background really brings out the red and the white of the Dice. :thumbsup:

Edited by Zeealex

Impressive work Hammer :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like the white background version more because there are clipped highlights on black version which kind of destroys it for me.

Really good job on these pictures Hammer. I have to try it sometimes.

Thanks Zeko,

And yes i prefer the white background too, the problem with the black BG is that the water, after a couple of hours having things dropped into it had become full of dust and stuff, before i changed to the black BG. Every little bit of that dust stood out like a snow storm in the images :wall: Hence some CS5 work was needed. Next time i will try the black first, while the water is dust free.

Had another crack at this today with a fresh tank of water. Its still very hard to get the water clear, there's always some dust or air bunbbles on the inside of the glass !! I also changed my set up. I moved the flash above the tank a bit higher and put a home made beauty dish on it

It worked well,

BlackDice002.jpg

BlackDice001.jpg

Edited by Hammer

A variation on the splash theme

6911226608_ee1a956e6d_b.jpg

6911225784_5f52e163b3_b.jpg

WOW!!! fantastic pics Hammer, they are so clear and the focus is spot on. :thumbsup:

NICE work Hammer.

I didn't realize Snap-on was available in the UK.

Amazing Hammer! First one is looking very pro! Good contrast and good framing.

Here are some pictures of my little angel Stella. I went in B&W on these 3 shots. Sometimes pictures are way better when you remove color IMHO.

zek_8110.jpg

zek_8113.jpg

zek_8119.jpg

Thanks Zeko :thumbsup:

Your right about the B&W thing too, they make much more interesting pics.

I like the close ups, he second ones gives a great sence of scale with the adult finger in the picture :thumbsup:

Went up to North Wales today for the sheer fun of it, this is one of the photos taken:

IMGP5637fixedmore.jpg

It was taken in a moving car, so i'm glad i got what i got really I've edited it to remove some fencing as it was acting as a deterrent and i've also edited the color as it looked a tad flat.

Brutally honest as per last time. it is RECOMMENDED that you don't 100% the image, there is blur and some anomalies from the healing brush.

Thanks

A slash of colour , i used coloured foil card behind the water tray and fired a weak flash at it . I upped the vibrance a touch in photo shop

6953883854_4c611ac6e6_b.jpg

7099953273_77ba84e9c3_b.jpg

7099953031_7d43d659f4_b.jpg

6953883190_2000db23e3_b.jpg

7099952621_bc0f9fb83c_b.jpg

Killer shots Hammer! Looks like you perfected the splash photography. Nice work!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alex, the 1st rule is

Always get out off the car to take the shot :thumbsup:

if the car driver doest want to stop, i find the old " im gonna be sick " trick, works a treat :x

But on the whole it not too bad , if you had not mentioned the patch tool i dont think i would have noticed,

I would have stuck a high pass on the pic and boosted the contrast and the greens like this

IMGP5637fixedmore.jpg

And possibley lost the bottom were its out of focus

hope thats honest enough for you

Alex, the 1st rule is

Always get out off the car to take the shot :thumbsup:

trust me, if it wasn't a narrow Welsh road with cars behind us, i would have :rofl:

i thought it was a botch up kept going off in all different directions, I'll try the contrast and color boost, and crop it off a bit, thanks hammer :)

should have closed the Aperture a bit :unsure:

Edited by Zeealex

Killer shots Hammer! Looks like you perfected the splash photography. Nice work!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Zeko :thumbsup:

Have you ever done anything with ice or things frozen in ice ?

care to share some tips :whistle:

Do you get overexposed pictures with ice? Ice is very reflective so i would try with polarising filter to cut some reflections out. Also you might want to experiment with light source position. I would try to illuminate ice from side.

And maybe try with white background first? It should end up nice if you have something with well saturated colors frozen inside.

Took the Camera out for another stretch today, i think there might be something wrong with the sensor, the images aren't as sharp as normal :/

Aah well!

Here are a few :)

1)

IMGP5948.jpg

2)

IMGP5958.jpg

3)

IMGP5973.jpg

4)

IMGP5991.jpg

5)

IMGP6034.jpg

6)

IMGP6040.jpg

7)

IMGP6044.jpg

I might blur out that twig on number five, it seems to be the first thing I look at.

Same as usual please, just keep in mind like i said, something isn't right with the sensor

Anyone know why the Black Edge keeps turning up on the RAW? maybe because it hasn't been processed?

The 1st two are nice but need a bit more punch in the colour, i would also tone down the bright yellow tulips in the back ground aswell .

As for the Bee well im just jealous of that one nice job :yes:

The wind chimes ? i find hard to comment on as its not my taste in pictures

The squirrel is nice, could do with a little more DOF 5 and 7 and yes the twig is distracting. 6 would have bveen a good shot except for the framing , just cutting his feet off spoils it

And remember, there just my thoughts and not necessarily the wright ones :thumbsup:

thanks Hammer great advice as always! :thumbsup: i agree on the colour definitely, I've tried numerous little ways on #2

Here's two of them, doesn't look right to me, but it was a very quick mockup

IMGP5958Selective.jpg

IMGP5958unsaturated.jpg

I'm working on the first one.

Wind chimes, don't worry, not my style either, i thought I'd broaden my horizons a little

Thanks about the bee, I had the pictures you took not long ago in my head for inspiration :thumbsup:

Havent been able to fix the DOF on #5 and #7 but what i have done (or tried to do) is removed the twig:

IMGP6034notwig.jpg

I wondered what it would look like portrait focused primarily on the squirrel as well (sorry about the grain):

IMGP6034port.jpg

Agreed on #6 i'll remember to get the feet in next time :thumbsup:

they may not be the right thoughts, but they are certainly helpful :yes:

Thanks again Hammer.

I'm still sorting though the images there are plenty left but i'll wait until i've binned off the crap ones.