Ghost Recon.net Forums
Papa6

Photo Corner

that's pretty awesome!! i'll definitely try that.

Does anyone know why my Pictures are turning out all black? it only happens on continuous shoot mode on 1/6000 shutter speed.

Does anyone know why my Pictures are turning out all black? it only happens on continuous shoot mode on 1/6000 shutter speed.

Thats a petty fast shutter speed, are you getting enough light in ? also check you memory card is able to keep up with the amount of data being writen to it

Try blinking your eye with 1/6000 of a second on average light and tell me what you see ;)

right okay so i need to turn the shutter speed down a bit, i thought i needed the 1/6000 speed to get the full 6 fps from the continuous shoot, maybe i'm just being a wolly XD

is that the whole deal with SDHC cards? mine's a sandisk ultra II 2gb one, i'm going to get a 16gb SDHC one sometime in the near future possibly after christmas. seeing as my card can only handle about 300 full 12mp best quality images.

So did you try it yet ?

right okay so i need to turn the shutter speed down a bit, i thought i needed the 1/6000 speed to get the full 6 fps from the continuous shoot, maybe i'm just being a wolly XD

is that the whole deal with SDHC cards? mine's a sandisk ultra II 2gb one, i'm going to get a 16gb SDHC one sometime in the near future possibly after christmas. seeing as my card can only handle about 300 full 12mp best quality images.

For 6 fps i think even at 1/10 exposure should give you 6 pictures in second which is very slow exposure btw. You use that in low light situations and sometimes with steady hand is just enough to eliminate the need of tripod. But that depends of a lens you use aswell.

The general rule for no stressed pictures is to take the focal lenght of a lens and crop factor. So if you for instance shoot with 200mm zoom lens at the very end of it, you multiply 200mm x 1,5crop factor and you get 300. So 1/300 exposure should give you clear pictures at 200mm without tripod. Of course, lens or in-camera stabilization can lower these times. Even with steady hand, lower speed can ruin your picture because at long focal lenghts, even a slight movement can be seen on your picture.

About cards, get SDHC of at least class 4. The higher the class, the better but that also affects the price of it. 300 pictures on 2gb? Is that jpg or RAW?

Sorry for going off topic a bit :rolleyes:

@Zeko nothings off topic when it comes to Photography :whistle:

300 pioc on a 2GB ? its gotta be Jpeg Im using an 8GB and get 230ish at RAW+fine/large 5184x3456

@hammer, tbh i haven't had the time, i'll DEFINITELY do it though.

and yes i'm shooting .jpeg at the moment.

IMGP0985.jpg

sorry, i haven't been able to get a decent uniform background to the paperweight thing, but as soon as i can find some, and a little time to set it up i'll do it :P in the meantime, have a flower :thumbsup:

Nice shot :thumbsup: Im not a flower expert but i think i would try it with a little move DOF just to sharpen the outer stamen. But its nice as is and well lit :)

I had another go at the paper weight and came up with this

Lazercut01.jpg

I'll see what i can get out of the depth of field, problem is, of all the photos i got, something is blurred out somewhere, and it's quite annoying, i'll try it again hopefully sometime today or possibly tomorrow, depends on how quick i can get all my school work done :P

Awesome! :drool: i love it! grrr, need some black paper, i'll nick some from art on monday, i'm sure my art teacher wont mind :D

Just snapped this one from my multitude of happy plants, finally some sunlight and heat again after nearly a weeks worth of rain. Probably alittle bit of noice in this one due to the .jpg compression unfortunately.

dsc00238pu.jpg

BRAVO SNOWF!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

Now get that cactus a proper pottery, something that would highlight or compliment it.

Plan to mate, just waiting before the rest of the buds have finished flowering before I repott into terracotta. There's still 4 more buds to open before it's done ;)

We had a patch a clear sky early thisevening and the moon was up with some blue left in the sky.

Bluemoon.jpg

:thumbsup:

Awesome Hammer, I actually prefer the blue bg to the back, muchly.

AWESOME!!!

as always Hammer :thumbsup:

some Christmas theme stuff

6458426167_0fea4bf939_z.jpg

Dec 2011 014 by raygan_gamer, on Flickr

Camera Nikon D3000

Exposure 0.033 sec (1/30)

Aperture f/2.8

Focal Length 35 mm

ISO Speed 1250

6458429837_f7df9a7046_z.jpg

Dec 2011 016 by raygan_gamer, on Flickr

6458439819_2fdddb1d5f_z.jpg

Dec 2011 019 by raygan_gamer, on Flickr

6458450249_a7b9f9b63e_z.jpg

Dec 2011 022 by raygan_gamer, on Flickr

6458463333_50f5b25b5a_z.jpg

Dec 2011 027 by raygan_gamer, on Flickr

Sorry Led, could'nt resist :whistle:

MCM.jpg

lol sorry no offince intended :thumbsup:

I like the BBQ only thing missing is the sizzeling food :thumbsup:

A couple of shot taken at a local lake yesterday

KingSwan.jpg

KingSwan01.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

It was hard to get good isolated shots as it seemed the population of the city were out trying to feed 4 swans and 10

Canadain gease :huh:

I like the BBQ only thing missing is the sizzeling food :thumbsup:

got plenty of photos of pork sizzling on it XD

nice swan photos there hammer :thumbsup: i'm not going critic or anything but i'm just saying there seems to be allot of light reflection coming off them (because they are white obviously) and because of that some detail is lost, perhaps close the aperture up a bit? obviously i'm still a rookie in photography and i could be seriously wrong here so feel free to, do whatever. :P:thumbsup:

i like them allot, i suppose the reflection makes them even more white :blink: