Ghost Recon.net Forums
Papa6

Photo Corner

Well this is the last of the garden safari pics, as the weathers changed and im back to work :(

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

But i have to say after sitting in the garden for the last four days im amazed just how much life there is out there, Not just your day to day stuff like birds and cats. its amazing i would recomend it to everyone. The next dry day you get grab your camara sit or lie in the middel of your garden for half an hour and see how may different insects, birds and so on you actually see, try it you'll be suprised :thumbsup:

aww :( really loved them hammer, to keep the theme going for one more

5.jpg

not nearly as good as yours hammer, but my zoom and focus is a bit poo so...

sorry about the overexposed flowers

@ Alex, not bad for a compact :thumbsup: has it got a close up mode ? (Macro) keep at it.

As i already mentioned, its not as good quality as my 1st attempt, It was very windy which mad focusing difficult, I had zoomed out to get the whole web in shot, so i have also lost some detail there. It was also a noisy day so you may wish to turn the sound down rather than listen to whats going on in the street !. Again if you watch it on youtube it will go 1080HD :thumbsup:

A few more stills

23.jpg

SoldierBeetle15.jpg

SoldierBeetle10.jpg

SoldierBeetle3.jpg

And a short video

@ Hammer, permission to turn your pictures to desktop wallpaper? especially the one insect looking directly towards the camera.

@ Cpl Ledanek PM sent :thumbsup:

agreed very cool indeed i like the second to last one, i don't know why i just do :P

@ Alex, not bad for a compact :thumbsup: has it got a close up mode ? (Macro) keep at it.

why thank you :D it does have a close up, still got to get used to that one though, doesn't auto focus very well.

anyway, i'll let you get on :D

:thumbsup: Thanks Zeko

I love the picture, that ghosting effect on the water around the rocks is great, makes me what to go and shoot sun sets,

But im with out my camera at the moment, as i mentioned in a prevoius post it took a little tumble, I thought it was just the lens that broke, but while taking the last lot of Photos The camera was having problems, i lost the focus point indicator lights, then the veiw finder kept going out of focus :( So its been sent back to mr Canon for a repair estamate. Just my luck now i have been bitten by the photo bug :rofl: Not done any real photography since the days of my beloved Canon T60

Thanks and sorry to hear that Hammer. I hope you'll get your camera back soon so you can feed that photo bug :thumbsup:

Thx and np Tinker :thumbsup:

me likey Zeko :thumbsup:

So its been sent back to mr Canon for a repair estamate
:( hope it gets fixed up and is back in your hands soon Hammer! :thumbsup:

i was also bitten by the photo bug, but rather this time staged photography, i think i need to work on that :P

116_0431.jpg

116_0425.jpg

the sword in the two photos is one of my favorite ornaments in my room, huge thing, but good to look at. i thought my old docs went well with the coloring so, i staged a shot.

there are many many many more, but these are the two best ones from that set i'm aware of the exposure being an issue again, silly me, set it up right next to my bedroom window.

the next ones are a mad half hour playing around with the white balance settings and diverting the flash.

116_0376.jpg

116_0361.jpg

116_0365.jpg

hope you like em, comments are welcome (duhh wouldn't have put em up otherwise :P) and i'll leave you to it.

from our recent trip up in Aitkins, Minnesota

my cousins dog, and my brother and his daughter

mn398.th.jpg

mn420.th.jpg

mn445.th.jpg

mn481.th.jpg

I like the last picture alot :thumbsup:

Im lost with out my camera, cant wait to get it back :wall:

Spring is here....atleast if I was to trust some Rebutia's that is. All are newish purchases so I can't take credit for the blooms, don't even know what species they are...I just picked 4 with different flower colours :lol:

4th one is still working on it's buds but I know it's purple in colour.

dsc00321zc.jpg

dsc00322yb.jpg

dsc00327yr.jpg

Got to fix a better photo setup here, the black background right now is just a black tshirt tossed on the ground :lol:

Still waiting on some Kenko extension tube's I've ordered aswell, just can't warrant shelling out for a macro lens at the moment so testing how well tubes will work.

nice shots snow! :thumbsup: i can see some noise around the petals of the flowers though, i'm not sure if that is down to the resizing or not. (if any)

Think that's a combination of resizing, compression and the texture of the petals. Didn't manage to get everything in focus the way I would of liked though.

Here's 2 100% crops without any post processing at all.

dsc003211.th.jpg

Click for fullscale

dsc003231.th.jpg

Click for fullscale

Nice ones Snow. All is not in focus though. What aperture did you use?

A few days ago I had some lightning catching. I still need to process all so I have only one to show so far.

6079345368_55232336a2_z.jpg

Bolt by mastazeko, on Flickr

Nice lightning bolt Zeko!

Tried capturing those myself in the past and walked away with nothing but either overexposed blurriness or pitch black images.

Cactii flowers were shot at F10 but with the focus point just about as close to the camera as the lens could handle, should of been smarter and backed the camera away alittle more to let more of the flowers stay inside the focal point or gone to a higher F-stop setting.

Still trying to figure out how to get it to register the colour and contrasts of the flowers without getting totally blown out, it's just to much for the sensor to handle sometimes.

Be interesting to see how it will work with an extensiontube attached to the camera and a "proper" lightbox built.

Thx Snow. Was a lot of action so it wasn't too hard to get one.

With flowers you could try with focus stacking. Check google for more. With extension tubes you will get extreme close-ups if you stack too much of them together so check on google what is best combination for your lens. Usually it depends on focal lenght of a lens.

Oh and dont forget that you will loose light with adding tubes so dont forget about proper lighting for subject.

Ordered a set of Kenko DG tubes so I've got 3 to choose from, also got the 2 (crap) zoom lenses to choose from so I'm sure I'll be able to find something suitable. Just the waiting game right now as I "had to" order them from overseas....foolish to buy them here when I can get them from overseas at half the price :rolleyes:

Judging by the cactus collection I've gathered over the last year I'll have plenty of chances to get things right too.....there's flowerbuds all over the place, even buds painfully busting through in places. :blink:

Crap quick shot of a "chestbuster" forcing it's way through with a second one on it's way. :blink:

dsc00337ab.jpg