Photo Corner

Papa6

I quite like the second to last one, it like hes covering his face as if hes had enough of having pics takenlol

or hes covering his head as hes going in for a crash landing

:thumbsup:

Some really nice sharp pics there m8 :thumbsup:

Your camera should be up to bee shots , with an 18 x zoom, and image stabaliser and program modes,, the only draw back (for me)would be having to use the LCD screen to compose the shot, but thats just a personal thing :rolleyes: well at least you would'nt have to stick your head in a bush full bees

• 2 weeks later...

Well i did something today i told myself i would never do !! i switched a DSLR to vidoe mode :o

I noticed this guy while i was watching the bees, So i quickly grabbed my tripod and set up. I was quite pleased with the result for a 1st attempt

PS is you watch it from youtube it will go 1080HD full screen :thumbsup:

"Garden Orb spider

Araneus diadematus

This brightly coloured beauty comes in a variety of shades of orange and brown, and is characterised by the pattern of white dots on its back which resemble a cross. The minutely spiny legs are banded light and dark.

Seen here at the centre of a 300mm circular web spun vertically between the leaves of Iris by the garden pond, this female (body length 13mm) was ready to react to any fly that became snared on the web. Small prey were taken back to the centre of the web and devoured on the spot. Larger prey were taken off to a more secure food cache in the event that the web would need to be rebuilt. The much smaller and less spectacular males might be found around the periphery of the web waiting to scavenge any leftovers.

In some cases the female takes up a rather less conspicuous position outside the web but maintains contact through a 'signal thread' that returns vibrations from the centre of the web.

At rest, after a full meal or pending a web rebuild, these spiders will often be found with their long legs tightly tucked up close to the body.

This is a common and widespread species that can be found throughout the northern hemisphere"

Awesome video, you could actually see each stand being placed, loving the bee flypast too lol.

Great stuff.

If you can get the whole web at an earlier stage of production, with the whole thing in shot, it would make a terrific sped-up movie. There's a challenge. Start by destroying that web. :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys

Thats a good plan Rocky :thumbsup: and one i had thought about, how ever it comes back to the question of battery life, more so than the remote shooting the video eats the standard battery. So it will have to wait till i have a battery pack or mains lead. which is on the list of things to buy before my planned trip to the Canadian Rockys. Im off all week,and it looks like were gonna get some nice weather so may be i will give it a go with a fully charged battery and see how long it lasts.

BB15.jpg

BB14.jpg

The last of Bees, Promise :whistle:

219.jpg

24.jpg

how big is the one you have?

and i'm gunna guess, you ran out of space?

Yep ! i only have 8GB card the spider took so long on the construction of the supports for the web that once it got to bit were he's doing the fun part the card run out of memory half ways through. I have had a look at what i have and TBH its not as good a one i did yesterday,

Because i wanted to get the whole web in i was zoomed out more, so it looses a lot of the detail the other vid had. Plus it was quite breezey today, not much to us, but to that little chap it must have seemed like hurricain. He was bouncing about on the web quite a bit . I will see what i can use and post a vid later :thumbsup: