Photo Corner

Papa6

Snow why the F8? I would try with F5.6. I think you would get enough depth of field. Grain here isn't coming from ISO but from jpeg compression. Also that kit lens isn't doing justice to your Sony. If there was wind you need faster exposure to freeze the motion.

Also on camera flash makes things difficult. A flash diffuser saves the day in situations like this.

F5.6 is as low as it will allow me to go at that focal length with this lens and I was trying to get more of the flower into focus. Been looking at Sigma and Tamron aftermarket lenses, perticularly Macro ones but just can't swing the cost at the moment.

Plus I'm still a noob when it comes to using this DSLR I guess, although not quite asmuch as a workmate who still hasn't taken his out of AUTO mode :whistle:

Also been looking at getting an aftermarket Metz flash lately but still stuck with the same issue as with the lens :wall:

Guess I'll have to look into the lens/flash issue for the coming summer as I'll hopefully will have plenty of cactii flowers to take photos of, bench is starting to get kinda full nowadays and I have even more seedlings coming :whistle:

dsc00199x.jpg

Taken a month ago, it's even more packed nowadays :blink:

You really have a cheap lens :P

Check this http://alphatracks.com/archives/141 you can get very very decent glass like zeiss lenses and more with this way. I do the same but with Nikon and by that I have way limited choice of lenses because flange distance from lens to body is to big!

You wont have autofocus or metering but that will force you to get into full manual mode. On ebay you have loads and loads of old manual lenses with supreme quality without breaking the piggy bank ;)

What can I say but that I foolishly picked a body + 2 kitlens package rather than buy a body and one decent aftermarket lens. :rolleyes:

Especially since I hardly ever use the 55-200mm lens that came with the camera :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

101_1959.jpg

teaching larry hands are good, to explain the red skin bit, he has an abscess on his nose and it sort of popped open and that skin tag was where it burst. we are taking him to the vets to have the rest of the abscess removed along with the spare skin.

nuff of larry now, I'll have some good photos up soon some where by mum though i'll let you know which ones were

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

trying out my history teacher's camera (Canon PowerShot SX130 IS) after he entrusted me with it, for some stupid project thing we are doing all week i used my SD card deliberately so i could go a bit wild and off the rails as it were, he didn't seem to mind, he's a laid back person.

the camera he has, has AMAZING focus, i was able to take pictures like those, only having the lens about 3-5cm away (or in the plane's case about 30,000ft away :lol: ) from the target. i'm impressed. but i like my Kodak, it's lighter for a start XD

but anyway, after reviewing the pictures, they all turned out pretty well, apart from shots were awfully underexposed (getting used to the exposure compensation was tricky) I'll fix that later though.

more to come after i have sorted through them.

:geek: Spent a few hours this morning learning the meaning of the word patience !

Trying to get photos of Bumble Bees in the garden, But i wanted pics of them hovering over flowers rather than just sat on them.

well 137 shots later this is what i got :wacko:

BB05.jpg

BB04.jpg

BB03.jpg

BB02.jpg

Only @ 20 shots today, I had the settings from yesterday dailed in, so it was just a matter of getting the shot today

Try taking the pic of the water with a dark background or even a dark blue sky, it will make the water stand out alot better :thumbsup:

wow! that's one up from the 137 shots yesterday :D those photos are great to look at though, so it's worth it.

thanks for the advice there hammer, funny you should say it actually because when i was taking the photos i was changing my fish tank's water so i had the bucket handy and i took a couple with that as a background too :D

101_2111.jpg

sorry about the quality because of the speed of the water the focus went a bit :wacko:

101_2112.jpg

and the flash had to be on or it wouldn't pick up right :/