Photo Corner

Papa6

Nice ones Alex. Keep practicing your composition. :thumbsup:

Here are 3 pictures that could be done in photoshop easily but they are not :P I used a flashlight on a string, hanging from a ceilling. I spined it around, put camera in bulb mode and here is what happened. For the colored ones i used colored paper and double exposure.

All at f5.6 and 28mm. ISO was set at 100 and times vary from 20 to 70 seconds. Next time I'll use wider lens to get all in frame <_<

light.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

pics from the day out i found on the drive (and forgot about, it is new brighton in merseyside) i think. i was having one of those random moments where anything and everything was a good shot :P

Good stuff, I do lots of shots just like that, close macro focus with wide open backgrounds, I'll look some out.

@zeko That is really cool, never heard of that technique before.

i thought I'd try out the Sepia colour filter on this 50's Ford Fairlane 500 car goregeous to look at in all weathers even in the rain.

Same Camera as last time; Kodak Easyshare C713 i think the lens may have got water damage after it started pouring down, so some shots may be a bit out of colour.

101_1804.jpg

101_1817.jpg

101_1819.jpg

A solitary bench in the wet weather. inspiring :P

101_1810.jpg

shame the cars ruined the shot.

101_1859.jpg

i'll post more up in about 10 mins. then the forum wont go mad on me for now you can take in that lot :thumbsup:

me and mum have agreed on terms that if i dont post any "embarrassing" pictures of her on here. she'll get me a new camera in january, seems a long way off but she says it gives me time to research for one. and by then a new range will be out.

Edited by Zeealex

Alex, sepia is cool on the old car! Who's is that, it's a beauty! Hope it's in the family for you to admire on a regular basis, a true treasure.

Your photos seem overexposed to me... speed up the shutter speed, or bracket the exposure (google if you need to ;) ) to see what you get.

The ipod and gummies one is very cool! Such an interesting idea and a very well posed shot! That's a quality piece for an amateur! Practice makes perfect. :thumbsup:

Zeko, painting with light is a lot of fun! I've not tried it with my new camera but here's one from years ago...

dscn0466d.jpg

Not portfolio quality by any means, but I love the variation the fire provides (taken in 06).

thanks guys.

the last one i posted is indeed markings made by insects on an an old canoe which granddad used to sit in, in the large pond/small lake whatever floats your boat, excuse the pun. i just found the patterns amusing so took a picture of it. :D

@ruin, Awesome shot! i so need to experiment doing that on mine. if i can.

i see what you mean, it shows on the bench one, my camera has exposure compensation on it which i should have used but i totally forgot about it. i'll see if post processing will do any good to the overexposed shots

unfortunately i can't look at that classic beauty everyday. it was a hire car for my cousin's wedding but the driver let me take whatever shots i could. some look a bit stupid but i'll post up an album for the shots instead of posting every individual one here. i'll just get them on photobucket.

once i'm happy with post processing i'll edit my original posts giving a link to the post processed version :thumbsup:

Alex, you have a GREAT opportunity as a budding photographer to not rely to heavily on post-processing. Make your camera do the work, not your computer. Post-processing is best when used for touch-ups and minor imperfections that you may not have noticed while taking the photo. But don't use it as a crutch to do something that you should have done to begin with. I see a lot of people do this and it kills me. Photography is about the camera and the photographer, not the PC. :thumbsup:

not by me but woah!!

Chile-Volcano-.JPEG-0b270.jpg

it's amazing how something so dangerous can be so beautiful

some done by me now

Post processed (sorry Ruin :( ) to bring out some colour and kind of reduce the effects of exposure. but you can still tell it was overexposed :P

colourfix101_1810.jpg

tbh, i prefer it as natural colour, but i think that is a matter of opinion and the post processing isnt too in your face and it rings out more high definition color on a gamma corrected screen. i'll post up and album of post processed images for you to browse through in a momento

Edited by Zeealex

yeah sorry, it was hard to keep the camera steady in the wind so i rested it up against those flood wall things, to stop the blurring

@rocky, thanks :P

oops! i seem to have buggered up the photobucket likes when i was organizing yesterday. terribly sorry.

Here's some just taken ones underneath the awning, damn near impossible to get a good snap with the crap light we are having at the moment and these things moving with the wind <_<

Being winter down here my Christmas cactuses has as usual gone bonkers.

Just a view of the largest, there's a 14inch pot in there somewhere.

dsc00280k.jpg

Some attempts at closeups of 3 different ones, damn near impossible to get them sharp with poor lighting and a windy day :wall:

dsc00285a.jpg

dsc00284id.jpg

dsc00287sjx.jpg

Possible that they are grainy, but taken at ISO200 they really shouldn't be. Guess if I had to take them again though I'd break out the tripod and move the plants indoors to keep away from them moving in the wind, plus I really need to get a better lens...the kit lens on this Sony really blows.

Shoothing handheld I was forced to use the flash for these so it's possible there's some "grain" added from reflected light.

100% crop on the red one does show some grain here and there, nothing that couldn't be fixed as I haven't done any noice reduction on these...they were RAW crops straight out of the camera.

dsc002841.th.jpg

Click for fullscale