Regular Definition TV for GRAW 2?

when you know the difference, it's hard to say that it is adequate on an sdtv. when i switched from an sd to an hd, i noticed a dramatic difference; like: you can actually determine depth and dimension on a hd, but on an sd---it becomes this amorphous flat image where you're trying to determine targets from pixels.

I started out with my 360 on an SDTV. GRAW, to me, didn't look any better than GR2SS did. SS looked about as good as any game would with the limitations of SDTV.

However, if it makes you feel any better, backwards compatible games look much WORSE on a HDTV than a 360 game does on a SDTV. So if you play a lot of black box games, they'd look rough in hi-def since they just weren't made for that resolution.

Due to the wife taking over the HDTV I had to go back to SD TV, I soon got used to it. I finally got myself a 22 inch LCD monitor.

You can always use a CRT computer monitor, you will however need a VGA cable, and a sound source.

Edited by methz68

I know some guys that use a monitor and they really like it. For me, I use my 26" LCD tv as my PC monitor and gaming tv.

These days you might find a decent LCD PC monitor pretty cheap.

PC monitors are essentially HD tv's, but capable of higher resolutions. For instance, my 720P LCD tv is 1360x768.

CRT is a regular tv-tube style monitor (just to be sure you're on the same page). You could probably find a 17" LCD monitor for $200 or less for a decent brand.

Then you need the VGA adapter for the 360, which I think is $30 or so. Should look really nice, and from what I'm told, the VGA hookup is superior for watching DVD's off of your 360.

Look at this, 19" Dell, has VGA and DVI input. $199 You could use for your PC and for your 360, but need a sound system (no speakers built in of course)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1195598242744

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

yeah, i'd definitely recommend using a VGA cable if you're unwilling to buy an hdtv or something similar. i grabbed one a couple of weeks ago and hooked my 360 to it and the difference is huge. i even went from a 21" tv to a 13/15" monitor and it still looked much better than what i was playing on.

I use one of these LINK This I use for both thr xbox and my PC.

CRT monitor pics LINK

You could pick a up a CRT quite cheap if you look in local paper adds etc.

Do u currently own a xbox 360?

Well if you stillhave or if anybody still has a standard definition could I get a PICTURE of GRAW2 in action on a standard definition just to get an idea because, I still cant seem to find any pics that show if it is really cruddy.

Thanks

Teh noob

On a "regular" TV, the biggest difference will be the text. They are a bit tough to read. On an HDTV, you'll find that the text is very crisp ... of course the overall picture is night and day. For best results, go for HDMI connection and never ever spend more than $5 on the cable.