Castle Day Remake for COD4 [?]

I doubt he would be allowed to use a design developed by another game developer in that competition.

Still, the competition is a cool thing.

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/2008/03/05/so-wh...d-ps3/#more-243

Look on that list of maps and you should see Streets Final which is a Rainbow Six map.

Who knows. I hope Biro gets this because I would love to see it happen.

Have to admit I'm kinda eager to make a map for COD4, but it ain't gonna be Castle Day, that's for sure.

As Wolfsong said, I'm not sure if UBI would like to see the map remade for COD with their geometry and eventually textures, but it's kind of boring to recreate this map a second time for another engine.

I'm more into building up Squirrels Creek like I intended for GRAW2, but time will tell if I do.

After I saw THESE screenshots from a fan-made map, I'm kind of eager to check it out.

GR1 Castle is not going to happen in COD4, not without a few issues anyhow. Would be nice to see more of Biro`s work, but some things may need holding on to. I like COD4, loved SP, and now play Friday`s with the Sparta Server. But it is not that type of game to play these maps on, as much as it would be nice to.

:mellow:

GR1 Castle is not going to happen in COD4, not without a few issues anyhow. Would be nice to see more of Biro`s work, but some things may need holding on to. I like COD4, loved SP, and now play Friday`s with the Sparta Server. But it is not that type of game to play these maps on, as much as it would be nice to.

:mellow:

Guys on infinityward.com forums would disagree. "Yes, I know the map well, great map, if it can be created close to the original for COD4 it will be a big hit, it suits all types of game play and modes." - Metal_Jacket

http://www.infinityward.com/community/foru...p?topic=21774.0