1.05 Patch Bugs

@GRIN_Wolfsong- thanks for being a real sport about this and for the constant support, much of which we all know was on your own time at home when you could have been doing anything else. Regardless of any criticisms of this game, CURRENT PATCH INCLUDED, I'm sure we can all agree that we've seen your dedication to this game and it's support.

That said, I'm completely unsurprised at the size of the bug list on the patch's first day out. Good luck with it, all...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder... For those having issues ( i will be playing tonight so haven't tested yet)... have you tried uninstalling graw 2, patching from a fresh install and testing again? Just wondering if maybe some patched files or such didn't get overwritten. Just a suggestion. For those having issues can you re-confirm after this?

I think I might have found a bug too unfortunately.

1. open training grounds mission

2. get to free combat part

3. give Ramirez(or anyone I guess) a shotgun and mp5sd

4. tell him or team to go to Recon mode

5. wait a few seconds for them to switch, then...

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: _weapon_is_silenced in type <ShotgunWeapon>

Fresh install/defrag, SP M01, no mods; Jenkins-M1014, MP5(SD), Team ordered to Recon; result=

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: _weapon_is_silenced in type <ShotgunWeapon>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(0)

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

EDIT: This happens in all of the SP missions when AI is equipped with the M1014, regardless of the presence of any other secondary weapons/attachments, when ROE is changed to "Recon".

The \strings\inventory.xml was not appended to contain a listing for the shotgun, perhaps they forgot another relevant entry somewhere else as well?

Edited by NoQuarter

Aight, played tdm and some siege. Noted these bugs though during tdm.

1) The Cut

elephant ear plants on the cut will knock your gun down. you can't walk through them and they will deflect nades and bullets (middle section of them)

2) Crash site

banana trees still deflect frags and also smoke. this is on the tdm. Haven't tested other modes on it. It appears you can shoot through them.

3) Server bug

When changing settings with a /reload when you have a server running more then one gametype like ours with seige and tdm, set_max_deaths will only effect seige after map changes during tdm. Setting i thought was lost. rebooted server. thought it didn't work till i checked the script. it wrote it under seige.

On Lagoon... question. What is the purpose of the 2 wooden poles sticking up on the down side of the hill toward the center water. Our team noted they were added lol.

Other then that so far. Great Patch! Palm trees on all maps no longer stop hand nades nor gl unless you hit a solid branch. team kill punishment now also effects team score along with suicide. It will -1 off the teams score. That is a great match addition, if only the ladders would fire graw up again. Shot gun is fun... VERY fun! Lagoon 50 cal, no longer deafens the whole map... woot! Pistols seem more accurate and shooting from the hip actually stays within the ret. Kills are harder now as hitboxes are correct. . bush bug where it seems like you were being hit when shooting from them is now gone, instead you only hear the bush rustle as your bullets exit. Auto screenshots now save by ip, but also include a VERY detailed txt file with the person's name in it. M99 now takes longer to shoulder. Other snipers also had different adjustments. Weapons seem snappier. Pistols seem to raise faster. Great job Grin. New maps are a blast.

On Lagoon... question. What is the purpose of the 2 wooden poles sticking up on the down side of the hill toward the center water. Our team noted they were added lol.

I guess someone updated something and didn't have the latest version of the map when they did so. There was a time when there was advertising on the MP maps. Those poles where holding a sign. Thank god we got rid of that "feature".

1) The Cut

elephant ear plants on the cut will knock your gun down. you can't walk through them and they will deflect nades and bullets (middle section of them)

2) Crash site

banana trees still deflect frags and also smoke. this is on the tdm. Haven't tested other modes on it. It appears you can shoot through them.

I'll fix those for my mod. It's XML stuff.

They will behave the same on all modes as it's the same map used on all modes, with the same props.

OK. I fixed it.

I re-installed the game, then installed the patch, leaving the disc in. So far, it works fine without reinstalling Brettzies pack. I'm going to wait until the .xmls are fixed to make it compatible with 1.05

Glad it worked out for you. It's usually not as common as it was for you because of the XML collision from the patch and the mod.

I guess someone updated something and didn't have the latest version of the map when they did so. There was a time when there was advertising on the MP maps. Those poles where holding a sign. Thank god we got rid of that "feature".

1) The Cut

2) Crash site

I'll fix those for my mod. It's XML stuff.

They will behave the same on all modes as it's the same map used on all modes, with the same props.

Thanks for the reply. LOL glad it didn't have the advertisment feature also. We'll be looking forward to the mod.

BUG: COOP Retrieve map. AI glitching in the stairs after the last tank and you have to move through the building to extract.

I have a pic and FRAPS video of it. But the file is huge (500MB which would take forever to upload to youtube) and I haven't uploaded the pic to a file host yet. It was annoying but luckily the top of the tango's head was exposed and I was able to kill him to finish the map. Otherwise it would have been terrible.

What a disappointment.

ROF bug is there. If you drop the weapon you are using that is not switching, and pick up another weapon, that one also has the ROF stuck as well.

Did this countless times on the Coop Retrieve map.

Long connection times getting into a server that is running the TDM domination map.

Server lobby, if a server shows that there is space, clicking to enter it gets you a message that it is already full. Happens randomly. And I saw it on a server that was a few slots under capacity.

When I play coop on a LAN with my son it keeps crashing every 15/20 mins with a script stack.

Thu Feb 14 20:13:55 2008

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Feb 14 20:26:30 2008

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type <void>

I just got this error after 45 min of play on the Retrieve map:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <Unit>

Renderer: normal

Of course the game crashed.

I am using Brettzies weapon pack.

But dont think I'll try that map again.

Guess it's time to start trying to make some coop maps as it looks like we won't be getting any more any time soon.

Three more items for us:

1) The count down for end of maps is often absent or broken up.

2) in the server settings there's a setting that suggests it will display the message of the day every 90 seconds (by default) which we would LOVE to have to remind people about our "No GL" policy. That way no one can say they weren't aware of it. After setting it up, nothing happens.

3) We tried the Advanced Anti-cheat server settings. That was a big fiasco. Within moments of the map refresh every single player on the server was kicked for lack of a response. Imagine my surprise to find I'm a cheat and so is everyone else! heheheh

Still crashing with video errors as well:

Could not load texture because IDirect3D9::CreateTexture call failed.

This device does not support the queried technique.

ROF bug still present, and as I mentioned earlier the "work around" of typing "z" into chat now crashes the game entirely, with this error:

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: pressed in type <void>

Sure would be nice to get the bouncing vehicles fixed too at some point. Nothing like watching a deuce-and-half bouncing around like a ping-pong ball after shooting it's tires with a hand gun. Never knew a 9mm packed such a whallop. That bug has been in GRAW2 since original release.