Patch 1.05 Released

http://patches.ubi.com/ghost_recon_advanced_warfighter_2/

:thumbsup:

Change notes:

- New speedhack check.

- Improved Anti-Cheat system.

- Added server log file.

- Open the console with a command in the chat:

( /open or /console ). Close it again with /close.

- Screenshot bug fixed.

- TDM tagging issues fixed.

- Playernames now visible in server info window

- Added a punish_suicide option to the server_settings.xml file.

- Fixed the mounted gun so it will be counted in the statistics.

- Added Night vision to the mounted gun.

- Objective markers properly removed now in Coop.

- Fixed some ordering issues in Campaign Coop.

- help_server_settings.txt added to settings directory.

- Several tweaks and bugfixes.

- 2 New weapons added, M240 Machinegun and M1014 Shotgun.

- 3 levels reworked for Multiplayer:

coop_retrieve

dm_dominion

dm_industry

dm_sierra

hh_industry

rvsa_dominion

rvsa_industry

rvsa_sierra

s_industry

tdm_dominion

tdm_sierra

EXTRA NOTE:

You may have to have your DVD in the drive when doing a none auto update, Windows 32 and 64 Bit.

Also remember the save file issue some saves may not work after installation.

Game progress is saved.

Edited by Colin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thats all? All the fix list? I thought it would be bigger, much bigger.

Well it depends on how many guys worked on it and how long, also cost to those who did work on it, I imagine it comes under some form of contract.

MattiasWiking and GRiN_DrHanke did I think most of the work, Ubisoft did the QA testing, I am pleased and would like to say thanks to those 2 for the work, it must have been hard seeing all your mates working on a new project and nearly on your own whilst doing this. :thumbsup:

I know some of the bugs were hard to nail, but it looks like most of the work has been done and well.

I would have liked to see more content for sure but I really dont think it will happen now.

Best thing is do the best we have with what we got until some thing new comes along.

I like the patch for the most part. The added maps and weapons are nice. After playing online though, I remembered why I quite in the first place. Most of the servers are unlimited respawn playing only TDM, and in those servers the players usually seem to be using the same weapons over and over (M99 and GL, to be specific) while spawn raping. If I find a good group to play with I might have more fun, but otherwise the players themselves killed this one for me.

And what happened, I thought there were going to be 2 new coop maps? There's only one.

EDIT: It was mission 4 and mission 7 that were supposed to be converted over to coop in this patch, but it appears only one of them was.

EDIT2: Also noticed that you can supposedly remove the who killed who messages server-side. Never noticed this before.

- New speedhack check.

- Improved Anti-Cheat system.

- TDM tagging issues fixed.

- Playernames now visible in server info window

- 3 levels reworked for Multiplayer

The above was the only fixes/new content I found my selves caring about.

"- 2 New weapons added, M240 Machinegun and M1014 Shotgun." Could not care less about shotgun or the M240 as I never use ether once (does anyone ?)

I thought they would have fixed the "dead ai" by now, but they have not, still some AI appear to be alive when they are not. Also the walk while scoped animations are unchanged, sometimes while looking at someone who is walking while scooped the legs will not move and the player seems to be sliding around.

A few cosmetic bugs that don't influence game-play but are non the less irritating.

The content of this patch was by far to small, I am disappointed, I expected more. I especially expected that if you view server details and then went back to the lobby the server browser would not refresh, it still does and I find it real annoying.

I am however very please with the additions/fixes listed on the top, so good job with those.

Ok, I have gone thru this several times and I just can't get my self to like this. How do you take out the 2 tanks in retrieve? No AT in the kit selection, that's BS and no you shouldn't have to run around looking for RPG's laying around somewhere. Not to mention getting killed countless times just to find an AT weapon, this is a joke right? What were you thinking? Oh yeah, XBOX

Back to playing GRAW 1. GRIN, UBISOFT or whoever, you're making the game worse but I thank you for your effort.java script:emoticon(':wall:', 'smid_26')

:wall:

I don't know how, but when I played earlier all 4 was taken out, have no clue how though. Smoke then Sneak up and plant c4 ?

That's what I did and had no problem dropping C4 on them. The problem was the enemy snipers that I'd miss before trying to blow the tank. The other issue is that tanks are unbelievably accurate and can see you from over 100m away when prone peeking around a corner.

That's what I did and had no problem dropping C4 on them. The problem was the enemy snipers that I'd miss before trying to blow the tank. The other issue is that tanks are unbelievably accurate and can see you from over 100m away when prone peeking around a corner.

Yes, that's what I thought,..

The tanks and snipers on that map is extremely accurate, you will die allot on this map, that's for sure.

:thumbsup: Thank you for the Patch. I have only been able to play briefly but the thing I noticed was that the hit box issue seems to have been fixed.

Any thing is a bonus.

I think too many expect too much all games have bugs but if you like them you adapt to the bugs.

My opinion only.

Thanks GRIN

I can check with the level designer who made it tomorrow. It could be that he planed for the tanks to be taken out with C4. I don't know, but I'll check.

Mission does not have any hidden weapon zones. Unable to select Rockets using coop ranks either.

Looks like placing C4 only for now.

:hmm:

The other issue is that tanks are unbelievably accurate and can see you from over 100m away when prone peeking around a corner.

Yes, that's what I thought,..

The tanks and snipers on that map is extremely accurate, you will die allot on this map, that's for sure.

I'm sure that can be modded (fixed I should say). I'll try but hopefully someone who actually knows what they're doing will take a look at it. At the very least I believe maybe you can edit the speed at which the tanks' turret turns. Unfortunately that would be a sad workaround as apposed to actually correcting their accuracy.

Extreme "difficulty" is no substitute for realism, and it can actually be quite unrealistic at that. Rediculous accuracy by the a.i. merely reduces the experience to a methodical trial and error / memorize enemy position game.

I'm not criticizing GRIN, this has been an issue with GR from day 1.

Edited by doubletap

I can check with the level designer who made it tomorrow. It could be that he planed for the tanks to be taken out with C4. I don't know, but I'll check.

Mission does not have any hidden weapon zones. Unable to select Rockets using coop ranks either.

Looks like placing C4 only for now.

:hmm:

I don't see that as a problem. I actually prefer it that way because it'll force people to actually think rather than fire and forget. Only problem is the tanks superhuman power to know where you are if you stick out any part of your body.