bp weapons pack v1.4

Brettzies

@MrNothing: if you are still having problems with GRINs' bundler you can also use Nemons' BundleReader to extract the files.

Erm... That doesn't work always, but sometimes, as shown soon after GRAW2 was released... works fine with GRAW1 bundles though.

Just follow the instructions in this topic: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=46038

Just substitute said bundle with your bundle.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

I should have asked earlier but what game mode are you intending the edit for, because the weapon-data.xml is for SP. The stats tags are treated just like any other weapon, i.e., 4 "clips" = 4 grenades. For the other game modes you would have to edit the individual kits in the *_templates.xml.

It 's for multiplayer... specifically the COOP games... or [GR]...

I tried the coop_templates.xml file, but at the top of the file it says:

"<!-- This file is just a list of available names for making your own kit"

so I guess it not the right file to edit. I even renamed that file to something else and the game still started fine (a COOP server).

^

I should have asked earlier but what game mode are you intending the edit for, because the weapon-data.xml is for SP. The stats tags are treated just like any other weapon, i.e., 4 "clips" = 4 grenades. For the other game modes you would have to edit the individual kits in the *_templates.xml.

It 's for multiplayer... specifically the COOP games... or [GR]...

I tried the coop_templates.xml file, but at the top of the file it says:

"<!-- This file is just a list of available names for making your own kit"

so I guess it not the right file to edit. I even renamed that file to something else and the game still started fine (a COOP server).

that's the correct file, but you'd have to change it for every kit that you want. or, just add a kit..but then you have to add that to the rules list as another soldier and also as another soldier in the coop_templates.xml.

<xdefine name="coop_kit_assault_1()">  <!-- mrc , m8_compact, 2 frags, 3 smoke-->

<weapon_unit name="mrc" clips="5"  gui_slot="1">

<mod name="silencer_primary"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="g36_compact" clips="4"  gui_slot="2">

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="anm8_thrower" clips="1" gui_slot="3"/>

<weapon_unit name="m61_thrower" clips="1" gui_slot="4"/>

</xdefine>

That's the first kit I could find with frags. Looks like 1 of each, even though the comment says 2 frags and 3 smoke.

Edited by Brettzies

that's the correct file, but you'd have to change it for every kit that you want. or, just add a kit..but then you have to add that to the rules list as another soldier and also as another soldier in the coop_templates.xml.

<xdefine name="coop_kit_assault_1()">  <!-- mrc , m8_compact, 2 frags, 3 smoke-->
<weapon_unit name="mrc" clips="5" gui_slot="1">
<mod name="silencer_primary"/>
</weapon_unit>
<weapon_unit name="g36_compact" clips="4" gui_slot="2">
</weapon_unit>
<weapon_unit name="anm8_thrower" clips="1" gui_slot="3"/>
<weapon_unit name="m61_thrower" clips="1" gui_slot="4"/>
</xdefine>[/code]

That's the first kit I could find with frags. Looks like 1 of each, even though the comment says 2 frags and 3 smoke.

I changed the "m61_thrower" clips="1" to "m61_thrower" clips="3" and the 3 frags did show up at the solder selection screen (or whatever that is called..)

But once in the game, it only showed one and once I threw one, there were no more.

I suppose that there is another file somewhere to modify?

Thanks for the help. If you don't know off-hand.. then don't worry about it. I don't want anyone looking thru the files. I'll just learn to be happy with one frag because it isn't worth the headache.

Thanks again to all who tried to help.

AJ

got it unbundled lol

so got that problem done

but

im still confused on how to change the camo

your answer to post 19 doesn't really help or make scene to me lol

the way i would usually change camo - i would go into the ghost_templates and change it from there - but what im suppose to replace isnt there lol

can you explain more clear and more easy so i can understand lol

I'm not sure we need all that info in here, but just off the top of my head, do you have the latest 1.04 Graw2 installed?

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

My Crash logs have this version: Crash in application version: 30621.2989

Also, make sure you can run Graw2 by itself first. In other words, that it actually works or do you get this problem with the fresh install.

Great Mod Brettzies! No problems running it myself. I wish more people would allow the use of your mod online in the multiplayer gaming environment.

Eric

don't really know how to do that because i can't even find the file to switch out the camo

all i do is

1. go into photoshop

2. make or paste a camo

3. resize it

4. save it as a dds file

5. put into the graw texture folder

6. change some stuff in the ghost_templates so the game can track the custom camo i made

6 steps

take me less then 1o mins to do

Edited by MrNothing

First of all, I just wanted to say that your mod rocks.

I actually reinstalled GRAW 2 just to try it out.

So now onto the problem...

The weapons are working fine but I'm having some issues with the new look Ghosts. The multicam seems to be working fine (and looks great) although the NVG, boonie hats, ect don't seem to be working. I think I read somewhere that if you unbundle the .bundle file in the mods folder into the data folder it would work correctly? I'm not sure about this.

Thanks in advance. :D

Edited by shaBAM!

First of all, I just wanted to say that your mod rocks.

I actually reinstalled GRAW 2 just to try it out.

So now onto the problem...

The weapons are working fine but I'm having some issues with the new look Ghosts. The multicam seems to be working fine (and looks great) although the NVG, boonie hats, ect don't seem to be working. I think I read somewhere that if you unbundle the .bundle file in the mods folder into the data folder it would work correctly? I'm not sure about this.

Thanks in advance. :D

Does it show up with the normal graw helmets?

Some people have had this issue with various fixes available. If you are on vista, there maybe some .xmbs that are overriding or conflicting. See the first post for Wolfsong's solution. On xp, they could still be around, but who knows where they are.

Try deletling the English folder if you have one. Has helped some people.

Another option: Unbundling the whole thing into the local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory should solve everything (theoretically). Just be sure to turn off the mod bundle in the context.xml.

Is there a way I can make the Eotech not zoom in so much? I like using it as more of a CQB-only reflex sight.

Yes and no. The problem with scopes on different weapons is that they are designed with three variables.

1. the weapon set animation (how close they pull the weapon up)

2. the actual zoom number, 25, 30, etc

3. the location of the scope on the rifle

I have one for M4 and M16, one for M468 and one for Rx4, ScarL/H, and M416. That's already 3 duplicates. I could add two more to seperate the Rx4 and M416 from the Scars...just adds more attachments and code. Take a look at them and see which one feels "right." I can maybe adjust the others to be similar. I think the Rx4 is the furthest away and the Scars are the closest.

Does it show up with the normal graw helmets?

Some people have had this issue with various fixes available. If you are on vista, there maybe some .xmbs that are overriding or conflicting. See the first post for Wolfsong's solution. On xp, they could still be around, but who knows where they are.

Try deletling the English folder if you have one. Has helped some people.

Another option: Unbundling the whole thing into the local/bp_weapons_pack_v1.4 directory should solve everything (theoretically). Just be sure to turn off the mod bundle in the context.xml.

Unbundling the whole file into the local folder made everything work properly.

Everything looks GREAT! Thanks again for the awesome mod Brettzies.

Yes and no. The problem with scopes on different weapons is that they are designed with three variables.

1. the weapon set animation (how close they pull the weapon up)

2. the actual zoom number, 25, 30, etc

3. the location of the scope on the rifle

I have one for M4 and M16, one for M468 and one for Rx4, ScarL/H, and M416. That's already 3 duplicates. I could add two more to seperate the Rx4 and M416 from the Scars...just adds more attachments and code. Take a look at them and see which one feels "right." I can maybe adjust the others to be similar. I think the Rx4 is the furthest away and the Scars are the closest.

Ok, all I'd want to change is the zoom factor. Would you know what file to find this in? Sorry, i'm not good at modding GRAW 1/2

What do we do with the 1.05 patch? Do I have to reinstall everything?

Not sure. I'm going to get it right now. I think for the most part it will work with the mod, minus the 2 new GRIN weapons. I have to see what xmls they changed and modify those with mine. Depends on what they changed whether it will work or not with fixes.

Not sure. I'm going to get it right now. I think for the most part it will work with the mod, minus the 2 new GRIN weapons. I have to see what xmls they changed and modify those with mine. Depends on what they changed whether it will work or not with fixes.

OKay... 1.05 patch causes a CTD if you try to run a campaign or the weapons range. Solutions?

I unbundled your entire mod and it works alright with the 1.05 patch. As you already said, you can't use the new GRIN weapons, but I could do the new coop map retrieve.

However it looked like not all the kits where availible, not sure what's the story there.

OKay... 1.05 patch causes a CTD if you try to run a campaign or the weapons range. Solutions?

I got that too. Unbundling the whole thing seems to work though.

Hi, total noob here - have unbundled the weapons pack but not sure where to put folders or what else I need to do/change to get this working. Can someone advise! cheers

What should the directory structure be then? Where should the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle be unbundled to? I tried to unbundle it to the same place that the bundle file goes (in the mod directory).. i.e.

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\data

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\movies

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\sounds

and the game would not start.

What should the directory structure be then? Where should the bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle be unbundled to? I tried to unbundle it to the same place that the bundle file goes (in the mod directory).. i.e.

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\data

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\movies

\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\mods\bp_weapons_pack_v1.4.bundle\sounds

and the game would not start.

I'm guessing this should all go in the Local folder and NOT the mod folder??