3D gaming

Metal_Jacket

I was impressed also. I was disappointed it isn't applicable to present games.

That'd be a good workout for a fps game. Dodging, leaning and peeking would probably wear me out in 5 minutes.

It would have to be healthier then sitting in a chair for hours at a time. I went to his website, johnnylee.net and had a look around.

There are plenty of current games that support headtracking through TrackIR. The wii remote example is cool because of how he's reverse engineering the simple (and cheap) device, but the concept is old. Armed assault TrackIR it for freelook, here, and so do some flight sims and such:

:)

What impressed me the most was the combination of head tracking and the 3D effect combined, it seemed to me that he was able to go between two targets, as if he stepped into his monitor, once again, very impressive.

As wombat50 says, imagine playing FPS with that extra dimension, it will be absolutely magnificent

What impressed me the most was the combination of head tracking and the 3D effect combined, it seemed to me that he was able to go between two targets, as if he stepped into his monitor, once again, very impressive.

As wombat50 says, imagine playing FPS with that extra dimension, it will be absolutely magnificent

Aye, but that's nothing special, really. Just a big TV and ramped up perspective distortion. It's all the same tech that's already out there, just that nobody has made a good game for it yet. :)