Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
John Woods

Black Screen Destroy the ADAT's

Finally started playing this game and got to the above level (4 I think) when sometimes the screen goes black like the video is running out of texture memory? Mainly on sniperscope. I see this has been reported for 8800 Nvidia cards. I have a 8600 512Meg card and have the same problem. Using newest drivers, everything up to date. Vista 32 bit. Any solutions?

Also I have the play any mission unlocker. If I skip this level and start playing the next one does this problem keep coming up?

Thanks

JW

Realized I posted this in general instead of technical support..Cannot find anyway to delete post.

Edited by John Woods

I also have this problem on this mission. It flickers in and out black with the HUD still visible, especially at the embassy and two other areas of the mission. Other than these areas the game has run fine. All my drivers are up to date. I have tried changing all the settings to lowest and compatability modes. None of these solutions have worked. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

VC: ATI RADEON HD 4670

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400 @2.66 GHZ 2.67 GHZ

RAM: 2GB

HD: 1TB with 400GB free

it's all well and good having updated drivers, but if the game isn't patched then it wont fix anything fantastic.

try running in compatibility mode for windows XP

Checkout my post. Sounds like you have the same or similar problem to me.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60080

Using the SMAA Injection mod fixes it for me, but the FPS takes quite a hit and the game seems less smooth. I'm still looking for a proper fix.

Inject SMAA download link.

http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html