Sleeving wires?

Cpl Ledanek

Perhaps try visiting a good music store. There are various sizes of flexible plastic sleeves available that are completely slit down one side, made to simply pull open and wrap around cables and watnot. Failing that, perhaps just get a nice, thick instrument cable of some kind, a sharp razor blade, and fillet it. Rip the guts out, and voila.... sleeving. :)

Some heatshrink sleevings are designed to shrink many times their original width.

Those plugs look small enough that you could pass each of them through individually.

you would probably have to cut the sleeving in half, shrink the first bit, then apply the second piece.

Make sure you use a heat source that's not too hot (no naked flames).

;)

• 2 months later...

anyone has a technique on resetting a stubborn clip.

what happened was I sleeved a 3-pin fan connector...so I did the paperclip-push-down-pull-out technique, then bend-90-degrees-push-in technique and hopefullyt he clip would anchor itself.

well, now its very loose. :wall:

I tried electrically taping it down, but after I got the heatshrink to clamp down, it still slide off.

Anyone else got any idea?

anyone has a technique on resetting a stubborn clip.

what happened was I sleeved a 3-pin fan connector...so I did the paperclip-push-down-pull-out technique, then bend-90-degrees-push-in technique and hopefullyt he clip would anchor itself.

well, now its very loose. :wall:

I tried electrically taping it down, but after I got the heatshrink to clamp down, it still slide off.

Anyone else got any idea?

Superglue it on? :shifty:

I'm trying to sleeve some wires for my Stacker 830SE front panels.

These are the wires I need to sleeve:

Is there a way of sleeving these wires without disconnecting any of the wires?

HEAT SHRINK tubing

http://www.elwirecheap.com/accessories.html

come in many colors and sizes, shrinks 50:1 or 20:1

RigilTechno-2.jpg

or spiral wrap

http://www.nycoil.com/Hose%20&%20Tubin...tubecutters.htm

spiral%20wrap%20full%202.jpg

thanks guys, problem was the 3-wires were not cut evenly and it comes tilted...straightening it out pulls one of the wires off.

So I let it be crooked, heatshrinked it tighter than a virgi...not that forum...and now it doesn't come loose, plus the angle/crook work actually when cable managing my case.

thanks....

WD :nono: ...superglue...silly rabbit :rofl: