GR Poll For the next game

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2...32/m/1591075126

Right now only 22 or so peeps have filled it out.. I would be interrested to see what the total outcome will be.. it would be interesting also to see the size of the community..

Even if someone wants to recreate the poll here on GRNET..

Once the poll is filled out by the majority of het GR1 and GRAW players... you'd have to be a ###### not to be able to get the majority of the settings correct if creating the next installment..

[Merged with the existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

I thought about recreating the poll here too, but really, if Ubisoft do not already know the answers to those questions there is something very very wrong.

The community's opinion on those choices has been expressed ad nauseum both here and on the official forums for years. In my opinion, Ubisoft do know the answers but have, so far, chosen to ignore them and go with their own game plan and agenda. When Ubisoft show they are actually interested in taking on the viewpoint of the fans of the series, rather than merely paying lip service, that's when you'll see some real interaction. The sort of interaction you will see in other gaming communities with more receptive publishers/developers.

As much as I agree with Rocky and I do.

It does not do any harm reafirming our position and where we stand.

It also reminds the powers that be that we are still here and still waiting.

Exactly my thoughts, too, Colin. I voted my desires in the poll because I want Ubi to know these are STILL our desires, despite GRAW1 and GRAW2 releases.

Ubi will get my money when they return the Ghost Recon series to tactical simulations, and IF they do that I will spend money on the game, on expansion packs, etc. I own 8 copies of the entire original GR+expansion pack series because I wanted to show support (that and I always worried about scratching a disc and not having another! ;) )

I am a serious consumer with money to spend, but I won't buy crap anymore...

-John K.

nice effort there, Colin. i was about three quarters through it, but then decided not to complete it. no offense, but here's an analogy...

your questions sound like vehicle options at a dealer's lot. cloth seats, leather seats, or leather seats with heat? you know what i mean? a little too obvious.

pretty much every question contains one choice that is superior to all others. it's like choosing a pair of boots over just one boot. not to mention that the choices descriptions are vague at best. if i were to create a poll like that, i would probably provide examples next to each choice. something like...

weapons system.

a. restricted kits choices, a la GR and GRAW2.

b. award system, like COD4 or GRAW2's RvsA mode.

c. total freedom, along the lines of R6: RvS and GRAW1.

don't mean to rain on your parade. like i said, great effort, i just wish you were more specific throughout the poll.

Haven't been over there in so long I forgot my password.

It occured to me that when graw first came out, the arcade crowd was nearly as strong a voice as the GR crowd, showing their support for the new . . . . . cinematic approach and crying for 3rd person view. These polls show that they have moved on to the next flavor-of-the-month. Funny how they will still be the target market, yet again.

Edited by doubletap

nice effort there, Colin. i was about three quarters through it, but then decided not to complete it. no offense, but here's an analogy...

your questions sound like vehicle options at a dealer's lot. cloth seats, leather seats, or leather seats with heat? you know what i mean? a little too obvious.

pretty much every question contains one choice that is superior to all others. it's like choosing a pair of boots over just one boot. not to mention that the choices descriptions are vague at best. if i were to create a poll like that, i would probably provide examples next to each choice. something like...

weapons system.

a. restricted kits choices, a la GR and GRAW2.

b. award system, like COD4 or GRAW2's RvsA mode.

c. total freedom, along the lines of R6: RvS and GRAW1.

don't mean to rain on your parade. like i said, great effort, i just wish you were more specific throughout the poll.

Hi thanks for the input.

The poll was made after advice here and at Ubi.

It has been kept simple for this reason.

The newer games have got very complex, this has led to a gameplay cost and ultimate degrade in the over all experience.

The look of the game has over taken the game play which is wrong and has not worked.

This poll keeps it simple if you like back to basics.

A later poll will include more complex areas, if the present poll proves to be good.

The look of the game has over taken the game play which is wrong and has not worked.

This is really the key issue, IMO. For some reason (dumb luck?) this was not the case in GR. The look was quite reasonable, but the potential for gameplay was HUGE, and this lead to a title that had 2 addon packs and is still being played after 6 years. The follow on games have seemed to focus on the short-term market that is potentially more swayed by game-look than game-play, and the result has been games that do not last or develop a significant community. If Ubi wants to understand the game-play issues that drive this community, the information and resources are available, but it would seem to require a producer/designer that is comfortable thinking outside of Ubi's current "box".

As usual, I am happy to help Colin, but at this point I am not going to rehash things that have been said so many times before just because some Ubi jr. exec. can not figure out how to use a search function (or send an intern to do the reading/research for them).

• 2 weeks later...

Answered. A pretty straightforward exercise IMO:

"Yes Ubi, you took a wrong turn with the GR franchise. Go back and go straight ahead this time, thank you" ;)

Respectfully

krise madsen

Ubi know exactly what game we want, also they know exactly how to make it.

:shifty:

COD4? LOL! No disrespect, but I'm not with you on that one. The GR series is in trouble for sure, but switching to a 100% linear, run n gun arcade shooter is NOT in my playbook.

Now I can understand playing that game if you like it, but I can't see replacing one game with a totally different type of game. That's like saying okay, no more Forza 2, I'm switching to Need for Speed.

Disclaimer: I realize Forza is more realistic than AW2, my point is that compared to an all-out arcade shooter like COD, AW2 is a tac shooter. No comparison, end of story.

Alrighty then..........

Bye bye now.

A second poll is now up. This poll continues to question the direction of the game.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2...32/m/7401061626

it's a bit more specific, i guess. still, no real details. you could've basically fit the whole thing into two choices: [GR] or GRAW/2. and it's Diminished.

There's a questionnaire which is fine but UBI won't listen <_<