Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RAbbi_74

Portal

Oh, SNAP, I've been laughing like a lunatic for the last hour playing Portal! THIS GAME IS HILARIOUS! Like the little android dudes who have the sweet little-girl voices. The rambling voice leading you through all the rooms, occasionally messing with you ("Extreme Pessimism") or mentioning some random offhand stuff ("Bring Your Daughter To Work Day"). Just SUPER! Having a great time with it...

I finally got my copy of Orange Box today. Wow. I've played through Portal almost twice already, and it's just amazing.

I'm in LOVE, and her name is Weighted Companion Cube! So I killed her. Sad, and sadistic too, but it was for the greater good of... ME! I'm STILL trippin' the little robot turret voices while they're lightin' you up. I feel bad knocking them out. And the song during the credits- did you listen to the whole thing? HILARIOUS!

I haven't smiled this much during a game since Delta Labs in DooM3.

And can you imagine that kinda item in-game in something like HALO, for instance? Wow...

This game alone made the Orange Box worth retail...

"If the weighted companion cube starts talking ignore it's advise". Or something lika that :P

It's one of my favorite games this year, and yes, the credits song is hilarious. Follow these instructions below to extract the song from the game:

1. Grab a program called gcfscape, and install

2. Using that program, navigate to Program Files/Steam/SteamApps

3. Open the portal content.gcf file

4. The file can be found under Portal/Sound/Music and the song is called portal_still_alive.mp3

"If the weighted companion cube starts talking ignore it's advise". Or something lika that :P

It's one of my favorite games this year, and yes, the credits song is hilarious. Follow these instructions below to extract the song from the game:

1. Grab a program called gcfscape, and install

2. Using that program, navigate to Program Files/Steam/SteamApps

3. Open the portal content.gcf file

4. The file can be found under Portal/Sound/Music and the song is called portal_still_alive.mp3

I'll get right on that! That is SO going on my iPod, and I'll be scrubbing Ebay for my own WCC plushie. Wish I'd known about that prior to Christmas, but I DO have a birthday coming up....

Anyone know where I can find a desktop PC tower like the ones in the offices in Portal? That would be so wrong, wouldn't it? Having an Aperture Laboratories computer on your desk...

And yeah, the WCC plushies are starting around $100 on Ebay. DANG!