GR crashes accessing Kits Panel

MarkAm_i

Hello, I have been playing GR on my pc for a month now with no problems up until this. I can play the game fine offline, but when I launch using ubi.com the game comes up and looks fine, but when I try and click on the Soldier Kits my game crashes. My OS is Vista and I don't know where the problem is coming from. I've also tried accessing the Server in-game and changing kit restrictions but when I hit OK it crashes then too.

Anyone got ideas why it would at soldier panel?

Yes, I have the Gold Edition. Here's what the Ike log shows:

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

Can you make any sense of it?

Please post the entire ike.log.

What you posted is usually in every ike.log and is not the cause of your trouble. The last 4-5 lines are where the problem may appear. Heavy on the may. :)

Is it just UBI where you have the CTD? Have you been able to play at UBI at all since installing the Gold Edition? Can you play MP using direct IP? Were you trying to play at UBI when you tried to change kit restrictions and it CTD?

Sorry for all the questions.

I have been using my new pc with the Gold edition for a few weeks with no problems. The game crashes using ubi, I can't join using xfire, ppl can join me by IP though I don't know if they can through ubi when I host. I know ppl can't join using xfire.

When I try and join at ubi it crashes when it is about to display the time left, mods, and other details.

When I host through ubi it crashes when I try and choose a kit at the start, yet if I launch right away without trying, end mission, then come back to lobby I am able to choose a kit and edit server.

***** User's system configuration *****

CPU: AuthenticAMD 2786 MHz Recent AMD

RAM: 2046 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows NT Family 6.0 build 6000

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1680x1050 window at 0,0 on monitor Generic PnP Monitor attached to ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Generic PnP Monitor attached to ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

HAL (hw vp): ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT R5G6B5

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

driver is {0.0.0.00000000}.{869f27aa-17f7-40e1-9e63-0aaea3c267de}

What mod are you playing? What kit/kit file does it crash on?

Some of the general things that could cause a CTD would be a missing gun or itm file that is reference in the kit. Missing models may also cause issues. Uppercase letters withinhe kit file that reference the gun file. For example BenelliM1014.gun or benellim1014.GUN within the kit file would cause a CTD.

If I read correctly, your problem is related only to playing at UBI or trying to.

http://www.geocities.com/sof_strikeforce/requirements.html

Has a page specifically for playing at UBI. At the UBI game service, you might try under options having the game service detect your game. If it doesn't recognize your game automatically or manually, I'm guessing it is the bug with the Gold Pack and not being able to play at the UBI game service.

If I remember correctly the work around is this:

-Uninstall GR

-Reinstall GR only

-For troubleshooting purposes, see if you can join and host at UBI

-Apply the 1.3 and 1.4 patches(I realize they come with the Gold Pack)

-Install DS and IT

I couldn't play at UBI after installing the Gold Pack but I was too lazy to try this work around.

If you try it I hope it works for you.

reference:

d/l 1.3 and 1.4 patches here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php...egory&id=28

Uninstalling/Re-installing GR

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11277

I think I may have figured out part of my problems. I didn't recognize the timing when I installed a program called Keyboard Express, it produces text macros. The CTD's began around the same time. It seems to be a conflict between Vista and Keyexp running with GR.

I used to have the program installed on an XP pc and it didn't effect the game at all. Apparently it attaches info to GR when it launches or is finalizing the downloading of data from the servers I am joining. That's when it would crash every time. When I shut the program down I can join through Xfire and UBI, so far.

I've played last night and joined about 4 or 5 servers without a CTD. Other than one, I had joined a server and tried accessing the Soldier panel in the lobby before launching. That crashed me to my desktop. Yet if I play a mission after initially joining a server, without attempting to access the Soldier panel, and then come back to the lobby afterward, I can access the Soldier panel without a CTD. Then play with no worries from there on out. I still have some issue, likely with Vista.

I think there's something that's occurring in the game loading after I enter into a mission, that is not happening at the initial game launch. Something that is connected with launching from UBI.

Again, a Vista issue. I changed some of the 'User Access Rights' in the GR folder. So I could access the kit files, to change what the AI Backup load out with in multiplayer. Something I had done many times on XP, wtih np. I think that the 'lobby Soldier panel CTD' occurs because Vista has some issue with accessing 'adjusted user right files' when launching from UBI. I don't think it's happened when I joined through Xfire.

When I launch from the desktop there are absolutely no issues. I can play without any hiccups, and ppl can join me by IP.

I would change the security settings back to how they were, if I could. I got tired of being asked for the Admin pw every time I made a little change. But I am much more annoyed with this problem.

Thanks to all of you who have been helping.