TEST01 London with 1.05 patch spotted tonight

While we wait for the patch afz has a GR1 server up for tdm. Stock IT, although we may at some point up frostbite just for kicks.

It's a dynamic ip but does have 3mb x 768. Since it is at my work it will only be up nightly.

72.79.162.189 is the current ip. Message me if it changes.

We may also do some co-op until we get enough in to play teams so come and play!

Now... about that patch...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see shelving the game and not playing just because the 1.xx patch isn't finished. It's not like ANY patch is going to transform the game. Well, yes some co-op would actually make a huge difference, but other than that, graw2 is what it is. An update or patch won't make it graw3, GR4, whatever.

It's not waiting for the patch. It's just that the patch isn't gonna fix anything major. Might add a few missions that will be fun for like a month but that's about it. I'm probably just gonna stick to GR:GE until GB is released because that's 3 games with countless mods and like 25-30+ missions to enjoy. Plus the custom maps and campaigns.

While we wait for the patch afz has a GR1 server up for tdm. Stock IT, although we may at some point up frostbite just for kicks.

It's a dynamic ip but does have 3mb x 768. Since it is at my work it will only be up nightly.

We may also do some co-op until we get enough in to play teams so come and play!

haven't touched [GR] in over 18 months, i believe. i guess i could fire it up and show ya'll how it's done. who would've thought... with all the games out there, GR is still in a league of its own. oh, and Frostbite should definitely be a yes, now that i can get 2500 FPS on those maps... i think i'll even max out the game graphics settings! this will be fun. just don't ban me!

haven't touched [GR] in over 18 months, i believe. i guess i could fire it up and show ya'll how it's done. who would've thought... with all the games out there, GR is still in a league of its own. oh, and Frostbite should definitely be a yes, now that i can get 2500 FPS on those maps... i think i'll even max out the game graphics settings! this will be fun. just don't ban me!

[GR] on a modern vid card is a blessing and a curse. Max out the res and options and it freakin' rocks on performance, but it's still 2001 graphic quality.

That said, [GR] is still installed on my machine and GRAW 2 is off, at least until a patch arrives or some news arrives about GRAW2. Says something about a quality product, doesn't it?

-John K.

...[GR] is still installed on my machine and GRAW 2 is off... Says something about a quality product, doesn't it?

-John K.

I kinda figured I wasn't the only one. Wanna hear a joke?

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter!

HA! Get it?!

Here's another- how do you sell more copies of [GR]? KEEP RELEASING CRAP AW GAMES!

WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fun! Can't wait 'til next month, when I can get on the [GR] server with AFZ and get back to gameplay that rocks...

As long as ANY info about the supposed patch is lacking, time is ticking and GRAW2 is aging older by the day. My thought is that as soon as ANY patch comes out, GRAW2 members are already fed up with the 'no info at all' and moved on.

A real shame seeing something with potential and a dedicated community receive a lack of support by UBI. I know some of the PXS members are still into GRAW2 and have fun playing it. But also them are loosing interest and faith (especially faith and frustration is driving them away).

For me, it's GR and GR only for gaming (with a SWAT4 night on the side). You just gotta love hardware insufficiencies ;)

LOL :lol:

Edited by Toniezz

...[GR] is still installed on my machine and GRAW 2 is off... Says something about a quality product, doesn't it?

-John K.

This is fun! Can't wait 'til next month, when I can get on the [GR] server with AFZ and get back to gameplay that rocks...

:thumbsup:

-John K.

Yeah Rabbi. I can't wait til next week when I get [GR] and me and my friend can get back to having fun with the game that brought us together as gamers in the first place unlike GRAW 2 which brought us farther apart. And I agree with Toniezz. By the time they release this patch, there won't be many people playing anymore. If you already haven't you should check out Blackfoot Studios' website. Full of people who appreciated [GR] and original Rainbow Six games.

Yes, I happen to be a member over at BFS as well, and have high hopes for those fine folks.

And yeah, [GR] was THE game. I miss it. And I remember AFZ being one of the great bunches to play with (or against, for those who remember TCZ's 5v5 ladder hayday). WDA. OGzr. JFFK. CA. And I'm sure there are a ton more. While some really good folks lately have tried to support GRAW and GRAW2 (AFZ, SCE and BDA come to mind) within the community, there's no replacement for what works. [GR] is still the game after well over SIX years.

No patch is gonna fix the broad disparity between the Game of the Decade and this mediocre (at best) Hollywood shooter.

Yes, I happen to be a member over at BFS as well, and have high hopes for those fine folks.

And yeah, [GR] was THE game. I miss it. And I remember AFZ being one of the great bunches to play with (or against, for those who remember TCZ's 5v5 ladder hayday). WDA. OGzr. JFFK. CA. And I'm sure there are a ton more. While some really good folks lately have tried to support GRAW and GRAW2 (AFZ, SCE and BDA come to mind) within the community, there's no replacement for what works. [GR] is still the game after well over SIX years.

No patch is gonna fix the broad disparity between the Game of the Decade and this mediocre (at best) Hollywood shooter.

reinstalled it, been playing 3 nights straight non-stop. AEG's server gets full(34 players) every night! other than some minor lag issues and 12 polygon rifle models, [GR] still is THE game.

I would like to see a map pack for GRAW 2 with everything that was put out on the X-Box 360/PS3 imported to the PC. Similar to what UBI Soft did with RSV. With the last RSV patch they also included a map pack with all the previous maps that were released for the consoles.

So, any news on the patch yet? :) Sorry, I had to.

I think we're nearing Week Six of our coverage of "Patch-Watch" here on Comedy Central...

Somewhere, off in the distance, I hear a gravely, aged yet wise voice whispering... "It's dead, Jim..."

Of course, he was a doctor, not a prognosticator.

-John K.

There's no official word but if you were to ask someone in an unofficial unconfirmed capaicty they might say something like they had planned to post a news release about the patch this week but testing had uncovered a specific issue that required addressing but the holiday season and limited resources meant there was no quick fix resulting in a release delay that would probably mean the patch is more likely to be seen in late January rather than early January.

Or something.

There's no official word but if you were to ask someone in an unofficial unconfirmed capaicty they might say something like they had planned to post a news release about the patch this week but testing had uncovered a specific issue that required addressing but the holiday season and limited resources meant there was no quick fix resulting in a release delay that would probably mean the patch is more likely to be seen in late January rather than early January.

Or something.

If one were so inclined to speculate, as it were.

So to speak.

;)

Or something.

Berry, berry intewesting..... in an unconfirmed sort of way. :hmm:

Maybe they were having problems fitting the extra 15 maps into a manageable download file... :tomato::grin2:

Sorry guys....

But after 2 months i abbandoned all my hopes on this patch.

No official words about it.

Each day less people on servers.

On my Clan were planning to do a tournament based on GRAW2.

We'd rented a server only for play this.

But....we must be realist. This patch dosn't be a reality.

NOW.....all ours hopes are fixeds on GROUND BRANCH.

End.

Good luck all!!!

Regards.

I love that song! When I saw the post about 15 maps, I busted out laughing. Received Ghost Recon Gold Edition today so I'll probably be uninstalling GRAW 2 from my computer and playing [GR] until Ground Branch comes out. Patch is too little too late. Besides, in late January, I'll be back in school, this time for Spanish since Arabic 211 isn't until fall. And I'm not blaming anybody. GRIN tried their best with what they were given. Ubi, you're okay too.

Or something.

He knows his stuff, one thing at least it is being Q and A well this time round which is better than normal.