Ghost Recon.net Forums

I have a ten minute DVD that I've recorded that I'd like to upload to filefront. I filmed it in 16:9 ratio. My PC's DVD application displays it in the same ratio. Window Media Player however shows a slightly squashed 4:3 view and when trying to add titles and credits to it in Windows Movie Maker, it too displays it like WMP. Looking at the file it shows it's a VOB file. I tried to upload it just as it is without credits and it would take over five hours.

What I want to do is add credits and effects in WMM and convert it to a format that is uploadable and still in 16:9 ratio. How do people normally do that and especially on Youtube?

DS

What I want to do is add credits and effects in WMM and convert it to a format that is uploadable and still in 16:9 ratio. How do people normally do that and especially on Youtube?

I didn't know WMM would handle .vob files. :lol:

In Windows Movie Maker2(the version that came with SP2 for XP), have you gone to tools>options>advanced tab?

There are settings for 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratios.

Also settings for PAL or NTSC

After you save the video to disc as a .wmv file and if it displays in 16:9 in Windows Media Player, I don't know enough about youtube to say how it will display there.

WMM spits out a .wmv file which should be much smaller then a .vob file

The actual file size depends on the bit rate you choose when saving your video to disc in WMM.

This page is about custom profiles for WMM, but it is lengthy and may not be what you are after if the above is no help. http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-SavingMovies-CustomProfiles.html

I hope it is as simple as making the change in aspect ratio in tools>options

Save often as WMM likes to hang. :thumbsup:

WMM spits out a .wmv file which should be much smaller then a .vob file

The actual file size depends on the bit rate you choose when saving your video to disc in WMM.

Ok, here's the result;

FN SCAR Exclusive

I once again viewed the video in widescreen using my PC's DVD application. WMP and WMM would only show the way you see it on the link. After including the credits and effect I went into tools and made sure the 'viewing screen' ratio was 16:9. That changed the ration screen to 16:9, yet the video didn't fill out to fit it. However, the odd thing was, that the credits and the effects filled the screen. At the point of 'Publishing' it to my PC I was given several format options to save it as which was great, including HD and Xbox360. I chose WMV/16:9 Widescreen. I thought that that finally would do the trick, but no.

So, a video I filmed in 16:9 and plays in 16:9 on my DVD application, appears squashed [4:3 ?] in WMP and WMM. Any suggestions?

DS

Tried Xvid codec?..

Render your movie. Try Using Windows Movie Maker to add credits.. Then save it as an .avi Set File size limit 100MB.

This is if the movie get's bigger than 100MB, due to the fact that U-tube's limit is 100MB.

For ratio Britain uses PAL?.. I think so. Render it as a PAL.

:thumbsup: