Graw 2 is slowly dieing

I agree kretzj,

A game is not about a total simulation, or is it a game if it becomes a simulator, there is a balance. I tried COD4 SP and found it fun and very well done, the blend and mix of styles gave an immersion factor that didn't require 100% opinion based perfection. I liked the weapons (that were on display), on par with GRAW2, I also liked the statement by Infinity Award that COD 4 has over 65+ levels of single player action in various fields of combat which GRAW2 defiantly fell short of with it's 10 levels. Also I liked the point in single player that after level 3, custom kits are unlocked if you reach a certain level of ability, nice touch (I never liked set kits as the only option).

Overall the biggest kick in the pants for GRAW is the community playing it, I monitor it regularly and never see the server total exceed 300-400 max. The content that came was very good but slim and the flexibility of the storyline was a monologue, if you like Mexico your good to go.

viii

It's a shame... I've said it before... GRAW 1 was a mess for many reasons... GRAW2 is technically capable, but the lack of content is mind-numbing. And I'm REALLY tired of Mexico. :) But I just dislike the whole "hero campaign" thing, and the downright silly voice-overs and drama. I don't ever want to hear someone ELSE'S voice speaking for me when I'm playing. Talk about ripping me out of the moment... the melodramatic finish to the GRAW2 SP campaign was over the top... instead of feeling like I had just run through he11 and back, I was outwardly laughing at the animation and voice-overs...

Rip the dumb melo-play out of GRAW 2, fix some bugs, clean up some things and give us content. Even with the modding community work I see very little SP work being done, so I personally (being an SP-primary player) am even further distanced from a reason to keep GRAW2 installed.

Oh well... perhaps in GR 5, right? :(

-John K.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The demo plays like CoD2. Whether it's your cup of tea or not is your decision. The Dragunov is wayyy too easy to use. So now we'll have M/P with snipers hidden better and a campfest.

I won't be buying it.

So whats the difference with GRAW2 ? Not starting a war here but this game is also infested with to many snipers imho. -talkin' bout GRAW2 here.

I've never seen an army going to war with 75% of its soldiers using a sniper weapon... :wacko:

But with COD4, if this takes of,you'll have lots of ppl playing =lots of servers to choose from. And 1 day you'll find THE server that you like. (in my case not to much GL and sniping plz).

So whats the difference with GRAW2 ? Not starting a war here but this game is also infested with to many snipers imho. -talkin' bout GRAW2 here.

The difference is you can see them in GRAW2. I've seen maybe 3 snipers that had real skill in this game. They owned with the M14 or the HK. The peeps that use the M99 lack skill.

Well I just log in back to see how things are going here and ...... saw that most of the ppl .are seeing the truth about this game and Ubisoft and Grin :whistle: well .... now I can told you..... Ghost Recon it's DEAD and for good !!

CALL OF DUTY4 IS HERE to STAY an excellent job DONE by this Studio , This game is LETHAL FUN !!

For all this fan boys guys or gals , asking for a virtual battle situation , don't go far COD4 got it right !! :thumbsup::thumbsup: MP and SP it's EXCELENT !!!

Personally I don't even want to play the [GR], that was fun but that was it , going to keep the game as a nice piece of software museum. but it's DEAD !!

I had good times in this site as my kids too , but same... that was it, This site it's Dead, :rofl:

I saw that some of the "staff migrate" to BFS, G.L. I'll cya there :) that game looks mmmm... ok for now, but .........well........I don't want to talk about it, with the time of release u'll see what I mean :shifty:

(And Wolfie good luck in Grin, an +or- "ok" place as your first job, to get experience it's good , but move on , bro.)

anyhow I don't even know if this post it's going to make it to forums "lol" but if it does, well Cya guys n' good luck for the "ones stiking around and not letting go"

Now u can flame, bash watever :rofl: not coming back to check and discuss nonsense , be busy playing a great game and other incoming= having fun

go play COD4 is more fun .

Cheers

:devil:

Now u can flame, bash watever :rofl: not coming back to check and discuss nonsense , be busy playing a great game and other incoming= having fungo

play COD4 is more fun .

LMAO, with much restraint, I'm not going to pick apart your last post on these forums, there's no sport in it.

0:)

Guys you have to admit it the guys have done a great job on the demo of cod4, that should be graw 2, cod runs smooth real nice looking lots of action, i tink they have improved on cod range with this not to say that the mp is going to be anygood because if they are all small maps then it will be like all the cod games. But the game itself looks slick/finished well thought out, unlike graw which is poorly thought out. I will try it as graw is dying. When i tried to dload cod first off look how many were trying to get it, graw was nothing like that and it should of been.

Guys you have to admit it the guys have done a great job on the demo of cod4, that should be graw 2, cod runs smooth real nice looking lots of action, i tink they have improved on cod range with this not to say that the mp is going to be anygood because if they are all small maps then it will be like all the cod games. But the game itself looks slick/finished well thought out, unlike graw which is poorly thought out. I will try it as graw is dying. When i tried to dload cod first off look how many were trying to get it, graw was nothing like that and it should of been.

JJ have you even played CoD4 yet? It's not clear from your post.

The game does look great but my GOD you simply cannot get a more linear or scripted game. People in our CoD 4 forum who have played the demo are praying for decent multiplayer as the single player does not hold up for tactical gamers.

GRAW 2 did not die due to lack of VoIP. If people are that lazy that they need to have their hands held to be able to use any sort of voice comms, they should not be playing Tac-Sims. Games do not need VoIP to be successful. R6 had a rudimentary VoIP setup and it was rarely used, yet the game was a success on it's own accord, not the gee wiz feature of easy comms.

How many games really have VoIP included? Sure all XBox games feature it, but do we really want Timmy Terrors yelling in our ears? I don't.

The demo plays like CoD2. Whether it's your cup of tea or not is your decision. The Dragunov is wayyy too easy to use. So now we'll have M/P with snipers hidden better and a campfest.

I won't be buying it.

I think its prolly too early to speculate on what COD4 MP is going to be - the Devs have already stated that they want to see how weapons are used in MP and the first patch will be used to try and 'balance' the weapons.

The SP was standard COD SP - it is what it is, but I expect the MP to be very different.

But we're talking about GRAW2 - would be nice to get sumthin out of GRIN.

I would say personally - I will strongly consider giving GRIN one more chance in the future. They got closer with GRAW2 but still delivered a half-finsihed product, and surprisingly, no amount of modding seemed to make a difference. GRIN counted on the Modding to finish their unfinished game.....and that's not the right way to do things.

GRIN needs to bring one complete product to the table, with all the extras that were not implemented this time around - and with a smorgasbord of open maps with ALL gametypes - at least 20 maps I would say (and NO MORE DESERT). Then the Modding will be icing on the cake.

I still believe GRIN can nail it and Cuchillo will have to eat his words - but it's really their last chance for me personally.

GRIN deserves another chance needs to spend more than 9 months working on each title.

Fixed

And CoD 4 is fun, but I don't see it being REMOTELY close to the realism or sense of small team tactics that drew me into R6 and Ghost Recon. I expect the same ol' crap in CoD 4 that we saw in CoD 2 (lots of jumping, throwing tons of nades, nothing but shotguns on smaller maps, etc etc). I really don't see the sniper rifles being popular with CoD 4 online. The game is too fast paced for it.

Somehow it was predictable that GRAW 2 would die. GRAW 1 had been highly anticipated by the PC-folks and failed in every regard - I remember how many ppl left GRAW 1 after the first attempt to play it or after 1 week because of the MP that had been left in the rain. (Besides the graphics and the nearly non-existent way to change things) Too many got scared off and honestly, I don't expect many of the ppl who were disappointed to come back for GRAW 2. Not even the slightly better MP could change that.

GRAW for PC has been developed to fail - a disappointment for most Fans of Tactical-Shooters and for Fans of Action-Shooters. For Tac-Fans it was too Action and too many things went missing, like the lack of opportunities to change your equipment, outfit, gear, crew and there was no motivation. Also I don't like the whole "Mitchell is the man"-way the GRAW-series took. Ghosts have to be neutral and most importantly - anonymus.

For Action-Fans it was too slow and, well, not enough action.

It was the wrong move right in the beginning to use the Diesel-engine, which capabilities are obviously too small to deliver a proper Tac-Shooter experience - in the matter of level-size and the look of things - especially nature.

Ghost Recon was about travelling the world and see many different locations - CQB, forest, desert - and operate on your own with proper planning in advance. And again most importantly, no limitations or have-to's. You had your objectives and could approach them any way you wanted.

GRAW just has a wrong setting for GR. Mexico has trouble and a 4 man squad gets send ? No way, as soon as the president is in trouble all hell breaks loose and the US of A would move much more. (The stupid excuse that Ghosts are the only units nearby to get in just doesn't do it - no matter what amount of time.)

Especially GRAW 2, Mexico takes over the boarder, but no army to make things clear - a 4 man squad ?

Nope, Ghosts more likely would be the men sent out to take care of that 1 man sitting in his nice house on an island who started all that.

All that are the reasons, why GRAW 2 was to die slowly just after it's release. Too bad, none of it is GRINs fault, Ubisoft choose a lame story-writer(if they did at all) and a developer with the wrong engine.

Cod4 sucks,i play the demo and i though i was 5 years old.Too much animation an scene,of Rpg bullets,you can't see the enemy sometimes(rpg going to nowhere for special effects and only)

I think Graw2 needs an expansion or mappack,and not an announce for graw3,....delay and then new game after 4 years.

Minnor bug fixes to coop,better A.I. and maps

JJ have you even played CoD4 yet? It's not clear from your post.

The game does look great but my GOD you simply cannot get a more linear or scripted game. People in our CoD 4 forum who have played the demo are praying for decent multiplayer as the single player does not hold up for tactical gamers.

Yes sorry mate i did play it, it is awsome as most have said, but you are right because all the cod range in story mode or single player mode looks great, i think the difference this time is that the weapons feel right and the potential is there but i need to play the MP to really see what it is like because if it is just like the previous titles then i think most here will be disapointed.

Dont get me wrong all i want GRAW2 to work but with all the bad feeling about it i just cant see it, TuG are waiting to see what the next patch brings but enjoying other tiltes while we wait. :)

:o R.I.P. Must be a bunch of zombies that keep coming to this site! :P

This is the guy that only yesterday said

'bash watever not coming back to check and discuss nonsense

You seem to have a really difficulty staying away from this site, a site you already specifically said you were not coming back to.

Let me help you with that disorder.

:thumbsup:

:o R.I.P. Must be a bunch of zombies that keep coming to this site! :P

This is the guy that only yesterday said

'bash watever not coming back to check and discuss nonsense

You seem to have a really difficulty staying away from this site, a site you already specifically said you were not coming back to.

Let me help you with that disorder.

:thumbsup:

As much as I think Cuchillo might be a serious idiot... I'm not sure I get a good fuzzy feeling about banning someone, either, just for posting what he did. Lock the thread? Sure. Remove just his post? Maybe... but I'm hoping Rocky that you didn't mean what I think you meant with that last sentence. There have been people that have posted much nuttier things over the past few years that didn't get that level of attention... (me probably being one of them! :) )

-John K.

As much as I think Cuchillo might be a serious idiot... I'm not sure I get a good fuzzy feeling about banning someone, either, just for posting what he did.

You are assuming he got banned for his posts in this thread, however, that poster has a long history here and has been on the knife edge a number of times before. The staff have wasted enough time on that particular member and his posts.

His latest posts were not conducive to our aim here at GR.net, of supporting the GR series, his posts were clearly destructive and never constructive.

As much as I think Cuchillo might be a serious idiot... I'm not sure I get a good fuzzy feeling about banning someone, either, just for posting what he did.

You are assuming he got banned for his posts in this thread, however, that poster has a long history here and has been on the knife edge a number of times before. The staff have wasted enough time on that particular member and his posts.

His latest posts were not conducive to our aim here at GR.net, of supporting the GR series, his posts were clearly destructive and never constructive.

If there's a history... fair enough. Thanks for the info.

-John K.

If there's a history... fair enough. Thanks for the info.

-John K.

Oh yeh, he has a history all right. The moderators here have had to spend time deleting many of his rule breaking posts, the moderators forum has many posts about him over the years, and he even accused us of racism at one point. I should have banned him a long time ago, but I am my own worst enemy for giving people "one more chance".

Here's just a snapshot of recorded incidents.

Rocky Warned on Dec 2 2006, 10:03 PM

Added to warn level Ignoring Admin warnings, repeatedly.

ZJJ Warned on Sep 17 2006, 04:11 AM

Added to warn level post moderation for violation of the following rules.

# [3.6] Rules : Repeated disregard for Forum Rules or Moderator warnings will result in accounts being banned.

# [3.8] Vulgarity Swearing is not permitted, it only degrades the forum and dilutes the debate.

# [3.12] Disruption Disruptive or persistently argumentative behavior will not be tolerated .

NYR_32 Warned on May 14 2006, 08:37 AM

Added to warn level Personal attacks on other members, argumentative behaviour, trolling

Anyway, enough on that, now he actually is history, anymore chat on forum administration can be done by PMing me, back on topic...

the lack of VOIP built in doomed it from teh start IMO. Chasing people around in RvsA when they can't hear you is fruitless. And dragging people to your Teampseak is like pulling teeth at times. Sure you get one or two every now and then. But it seems the vast majority of players (non clan tags) are playing with no VOIP and I dunno about the rest of you. But GRAW, or ANY tactical game with no VOIP kinda stinks, or begins to stink after a short time.

I still think it's a good game, hell I thought GRAW (once patched) was pretty good. We could really use a map pack or map download feature, or a map editor that didn't require a degree in grin physics for the average gray hair to learn.

kp

No voip, and no squad play just hurts the game so much!

There's no ingame commands to tell squad mates where and how you want to attack. It's a free for all not a tactical game

Edited by WDA_OPTIMUSPRIME

I am not sure I understand this VOIP thing!?

Most every clan has TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, of the top servers in game only 1 or 2 do not have a Voip.

All one has to do is ask for the password or just enter.

Most clans do that' s right, but not everyone that plays is in a clan or has vent or ts. Or given the fact you can't talk to anyone while playing unless they're in your TS or Vent. Therefore voip should be ingame just like CSS, or BF2 and many other games.

Say you're in a sever with 26 people. How you going to tell someone they're flanking right if half you team is not in vent or ts.

Stop and type... Unless it's match play no one is vent or ts unless it's you and your clan mates..

Are you really willing to stop and help someone that has no idea how to use TS or Vent. Trust me they are out there. It' s not as simple as you say all one has to do is ask for the password or just enter

Edited by WDA_OPTIMUSPRIME