Extracting VIP2

I get to a point where I load VIP2 onto the chopper, get back to what is left of the embassy, and then mark the last tank and APC for being hit by the apache (in each instance I hear the pilot confirm targets being marked) but I always get shot by the remaining rebels or by the tank/apc before they are actually blown up. Is there anyplace that is safe in the ruins for me to shoot the rest of it out until I can get extracted or until the Apache pilot destroys the remaining targets?

I tried hiding behind the rock where VIP2 was laying on the ground, or heading upstairs and going into the room that partially obscured from everything on the right side. No good.

I'd like to finish this mission sometime!!!

Thanks.

Eric

When you head towards the embassy, at what used to be the fence/wall thingie, go to the right and stay in that general area, and crouch. Take shots when you can, but you gotta play coward, with 7 health points, it's not going to work, your teammates will soak up alot of damage, and stay alive longer than you, so designate for the Apaches. Also if you got JasonFMX's mod, use that as they can use GLs, and give Allen something like a SCAR-H with a front grip, the Barret in this case is too slow for him to take out tangos.

When you head towards the embassy, at what used to be the fence/wall thingie, go to the right and stay in that general area, and crouch. Take shots when you can, but you gotta play coward, with 7 health points, it's not going to work, your teammates will soak up alot of damage, and stay alive longer than you, so designate for the Apaches. Also if you got JasonFMX's mod, use that as they can use GLs, and give Allen something like a SCAR-H with a front grip, the Barret in this case is too slow for him to take out tangos.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I will try that and look for the mod you mention. Will it work with Brettzies M4 mod for GRAW1 at the same time? Or is it a one or the other type thing?

Have a good holiday weekend.

Eric

Take shots when you can, but you gotta play coward,

:yes: That's pretty much it. A coward at all costs. :P I usually go upstairs but I always target,get off a couple of shots then move to the other side of the building and do the same. Wait very long in one spot upstairs and they zero in on you. :( Oh what a frustrating bunch of :bs: this part of the mission is.

lol I know.. but you survive.... but after that, the rest is cake...

Do you know if it's possible to use multiple mods together at the same time? That mod you told me about that will allow my guys to use a gl, I'd like to use that with brettzies m4 mod too. Do you know if they can be used together or not?

Have a great weekend everybody!

And I must say, with the lack of a quick save in GRAW1, it is much more difficult, IMHO, than GRAW2.

Eric

lol I know.. but you survive.... but after that, the rest is cake...

Do you know if it's possible to use multiple mods together at the same time? That mod you told me about that will allow my guys to use a gl, I'd like to use that with brettzies m4 mod too. Do you know if they can be used together or not?

Have a great weekend everybody!

And I must say, with the lack of a quick save in GRAW1, it is much more difficult, IMHO, than GRAW2.

Eric

Well, I managed to finish the level with 1 team member left, my machine gunner. My rifleman and sniper both got wasted. I swear, the Apache support is slow; I tagged the tanks and APC's as soon as they came into site and would have to literally mark them two to three times before they were attacked.

Though I've lost a team mate or two, I've completed this level without loosing any a few times (albeit on easy difficulty setting). Not that it matters as the mission ends soon after.

The way I did it was to keep the team mates on the ground floor, as far back in the building as possible. I would go up the stairs and then turn right and lie on the small ledge there (some ways back from the edge or you'll be dead in a second). Gave a good position to designate for the helicopters.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Not easy first time round at the embassy ( even on easy mode :D ). Best place i find to put your team members is round the back of the embassy, well if you want to keep them alive at least, i always position brown with SAW as in the screenshot below he'll take care of the rebel attack from the rear, the other two ghosts will take care of some of the rebels charging the front, place them down the side of the embassy where the barrier is, then i place cpt mitchell as in screenshot below and have some fun.

warcloudajl7.jpg

warcloudbhp9.jpg