What I REALLY hate about Firefox

Rocky

The Download system.

If I am downloading a file, there's a download dialog on the screen, showing progress. Fine. If I shut down all my firefox windows, the pigging download stops too! This is sooo annoying and has cost me sooo much time and wasted effort :wall::wall:

I am CERTAIN IE does not do this.

Is there a FF setting I am missing? >_<

I've never had this problem before. As a matter of fact I just downloaded the Jericho demo (the first FPS in years with soul swapping, w00t!) with all my windows closed except the download window. I have had it stop at times though, but usually when it's a download off of FilePlanet.

Interesting, further invvestigation required then...

yeah Roco, i can download still after I close firefox mate. perhaps check your options area. I like starting a DL, then turn Firefox off and let the DL run on.

Interesting, further invvestigation required then...

yeah Roco, i can download still after I close firefox mate. perhaps check your options area. I like starting a DL, then turn Firefox off and let the DL run on.

Um... that's Rocky, not Roco. I don't like firefox myself. I prefer cleartype and firefox always seemed slower for me on XP. Never loaded it to vista as IE works fine and most corporate customers don't use it.