I have several holes in my body to put ammos

Ok,

direct to the point, I do not want the secondary weapon cause during the missions it is easy to find them,I want extra ammo for my super sniper rifle ..I think it's called M99 or somethink like that. I can't despite my body is plenty of holes to store my extra ammonitions,is there any way to load extra ammos before the mission begins ?

thanks

"You can't always get what you want". Appropriate song lyrics that seem to match GRAW2's kit restrictions mentality as well.

You get what you get. There is no option to carry extra ammo for any of the weapons. I would personally like to choose two primary weapons and not carry a side-arm but GRAW2 won't let me do that, either.

-John K.

I wish I had the option to lay down my primary OR secondary weapon... I've noticed that in some levels when I pick up a weapon I drop the weapon I'm currently holding (pri or sec), but on other levels I ALWAYS drop primary, despite holding the secondary.

Oh well.. mark up another item for the "wish list".

-John K.

I`ve noticed this, but not thought about it. I switch to secondary (MP5) and am able to swap it for a new rifle sometimes. Tried this once with the RPG and instead it took away my primary like you say. Maybe has to do with the original weight restrictions?

Well, that could be... but I'd rather have the option of dropping my sidearm so I can pick up two primaries. Of course, I'd like the option of choosing two primary weapons from the kit selection and just not taking the sidearm in the first place.

The drop / pick up idea was a SORELY needed feature, but again the way it was implemented leaves a bit to be desired.

-John K.

I`ve noticed this, but not thought about it. I switch to secondary (MP5) and am able to swap it for a new rifle sometimes. Tried this once with the RPG and instead it took away my primary like you say. Maybe has to do with the original weight restrictions?

Nope, it's actually setup as a primary weapon.

Well, that could be... but I'd rather have the option of dropping my sidearm so I can pick up two primaries. Of course, I'd like the option of choosing two primary weapons from the kit selection and just not taking the sidearm in the first place.

The drop / pick up idea was a SORELY needed feature, but again the way it was implemented leaves a bit to be desired.

-John K.

Yes, right.

In addition it often happens that I am able to carry a primary weapon , a secondary one , a Zeus and hand grenades. Sometimes inside certain mission's briefings you can't anymore even if the primary weapon is the same......why ?

Did Mitchell became suddenly a granny ? :rolleyes:

Just a small note on weapon pickup. Weapons you pickup replace the corresponding weapon in your inventory. So, if you pickup a primary, it replaces the current primary a.s.o. And yes, the RPG is considered a primary weapon.

When selecting weapons during mission briefing there is a kit restriction that's not enforced during the mission. This is why you're able to carry more weapons during the mission.

Just a small note on weapon pickup. Weapons you pickup replace the corresponding weapon in your inventory. So, if you pickup a primary, it replaces the current primary a.s.o. And yes, the RPG is considered a primary weapon.

Okay... at least we know. I'm not happy about it, but at least we know.

When selecting weapons during mission briefing there is a kit restriction that's not enforced during the mission. This is why you're able to carry more weapons during the mission.

This I don't understand. I've never been able to pick up more weapons in gameplay than what I was able to pack out during mission brief. "Drop One, Pick One Up" seemed like the rule to me, and if the game forces you to drop the corresponding weapon that you picked up (primary for primary, etc), then I don't see how the game WOULD let you pick up more weapons than you could originally designate in mission brief... and if you can pick them up, how can you carry more than you started with? Could someone explain this or give an example of where they were able to do this?

-John K.

Okay it's called slots.

Mission Brief... I play Joining forces alot, so I'll go with this loadout:

MR-C w/Aimpoint and GL

Mk 23 pistol

Smoke Grenades

Zeus-MPAR

At that point, I'm full up on weight restriction. So no more realistically for me weight-wise. Say I want an MP5SD instead, so I decide that okay I'll pick one up. The slot is open since i didn't use the Secondary slot, but correct me if I'm wrong GRIN_DrHanke, the engine says "You got too much, so you'll drop the MR-C combo and just use the MP5SD" Now past the point where I fire the Zeus, and kill the mean ol Abrams, and finish the rest of the mission, but I keep the MR-C combo anyways. So now when I head out to the last objective, I kill an SF dude, I can pick up his MP5SD, and have the rest of the gear without any penalty because I have the weight "available". Simply because both the Secondary slot is open, and it doesn't exceed the weight limit.

Okay it's called slots.

Mission Brief... I play Joining forces alot, so I'll go with this loadout:

MR-C w/Aimpoint and GL

Mk 23 pistol

Smoke Grenades

Zeus-MPAR

At that point, I'm full up on weight restriction. So no more realistically for me weight-wise. Say I want an MP5SD instead, so I decide that okay I'll pick one up. The slot is open since i didn't use the Secondary slot, but correct me if I'm wrong GRIN_DrHanke, the engine says "You got too much, so you'll drop the MR-C combo and just use the MP5SD" Now past the point where I fire the Zeus, and kill the mean ol Abrams, and finish the rest of the mission, but I keep the MR-C combo anyways. So now when I head out to the last objective, I kill an SF dude, I can pick up his MP5SD, and have the rest of the gear without any penalty because I have the weight "available". Simply because both the Secondary slot is open, and it doesn't exceed the weight limit.

I understand what you're saying but when you use the Zeus you drop it... so that naturally would allow you weight savings back into the calculation. That, plus the fact you didn't pack out a secondary weapon to begin with means you will have plenty of room (weight I mean) to pick up a sweet little MP5SD. :)

I don't see how this proves what GRiN just said about being able to carry more in the field than you can choose in mission brief.

BTW why briefing kit restrictions are in place ?

There has to be some restriction. You can't carry an unlimited number of weapons. I think a primary, secondary, sidearm and backpack item (s) is pretty realistic. However, I think we could debate if you should have the ability to interchange primary and secondary weapons, for example carry a SCAR-H and an MRC.

EricJ got it almost right. The players inventory consists of a number of weapon slots, Primary, secondary, sidearm, backpack and grenades. Each of these slots can only contain one weapon, which is why if you pick up a primary weapon, you will drop your current primary weapon, instead of a secondary/sidearm.

During the briefing you're only allowed to equip weapons and mods up to a certain limit. During a mission the only limitation is the one weapon per slot limit.

So, if you start a mission with a fully equipped primary, a sidearm and some grenades you won't be able to take a secondary weapon, but you're still allowed to pick one up during the mission without having to drop anything.

EricJ got it almost right. The players inventory consists of a number of weapon slots, Primary, secondary, sidearm, backpack and grenades. Each of these slots can only contain one weapon, which is why if you pick up a primary weapon, you will drop your current primary weapon, instead of a secondary/sidearm.

During the briefing you're only allowed to equip weapons and mods up to a certain limit. During a mission the only limitation is the one weapon per slot limit.

So, if you start a mission with a fully equipped primary, a sidearm and some grenades you won't be able to take a secondary weapon, but you're still allowed to pick one up during the mission without having to drop anything.

I appreciate the reply.

So why put the artificial restraint in the mission briefing if it's so easily overcome during gameplay? By using slots instead of weight to determine loadout, you prevent me from selecting two primary weapons and the chance to forgo a sidearm or grenades. Again, realism... if I were loading up to head out into the field I don't have Slot A for my primary, etc.... I'm grabbing as much as I can without busting my back from the weight.

BTW why briefing kit restrictions are in place ?

There has to be some restriction. You can't carry an unlimited number of weapons. I think a primary, secondary, sidearm and backpack item (s) is pretty realistic. However, I think we could debate if you should have the ability to interchange primary and secondary weapons, for example carry a SCAR-H and an MRC.

Nope, I was referring to the fact that inside some briefings you can have a primary and secondary weapon plus a sidearm and also a backpack. That's fine.

Inside other briefings not only your " team " is limited to 2 men but also you can't carry the same weapons kit of the previous mission due to unknown reasons.... it happened twice as far as I remember .....

You can't also sacrifice the seconday weapon or a sidearm for extra bullets,that's a shame indeed. I would even sacrifice a man for extra bullets but this is not allowed.

A huge amount of restrictions severly limit the tactical choices you have,for instance sometimes I would like to have a thermal sensor instead of the tactical map where magically you can see enemies hundreds meters away....

Ahh okay, I never thought you could when you're at max load. I just assumed it was weight restricted when you did grab another weapon, thanks!

Nope, I was referring to the fact that inside some briefings you can have a primary and secondary weapon plus a sidearm and also a backpack. That's fine.

Inside other briefings not only your " team " is limited to 2 men but also you can't carry the same weapons kit of the previous mission due to unknown reasons.... it happened twice as far as I remember .....

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Yes it is a little strange.

I, for one, conclude that the thread title is a little weird. :wacko:

Frags are quite heavy, you will need tight sphincter muscles. :o:x :'( :pirate: :no: :whistle:

Yeah, but if you drop a frag then you'll have more holes in your body to put ammos.!