Lan Coop Campaign offline possible or not ?

LMUK

Can someone tell me me why trying to play a Lan Coop Campaign offline does not work ? When i try to set it up via my router when the router is connected to the internet, it works.

But when the router is NOT connected to the internet, it does not work. The client computer 'hangs' when it is 'waiting for the server' and never joins the game ( connection error).

I am setting up a LAN party at a cottage over a weekend (where we have no access to internet) and would love to play GRAW 2 PC coop lan campaign.

Anyone knows a work around ? A way to do it without my router being connected at all times to the internet ?

Thanks in advance !

I am sure it will work cause I am playing lan an using hamachi once in a while to play with friends

Hamachi means you are connected to the internet. He is trying to set up a local lan where all the machines are in the same room.

Mattias,

Thanks for the tip. Yes this problem is weird. Me and my friends never had that problem with GRAW 1.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'selecting twice' exactly? When i start in mutiplayer, i chose lan only, and then create a lan campaign game.

Do you mean to go back to multiplayer and then click again «LAN ONLY» ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Coop is why i bought GRAW 1 + 2 and I am encouraging friends to buy both games as well. Coop is the best and most fun way to play GRAW 1 + 2. GRIN did a good job with coop modes in both games (tested GRAW 2 only via internet so far though).

Keep up the good work!

I am sure it will work cause I am playing lan an using hamachi once in a while to play with friends

Hamachi means you are connected to the internet. He is trying to set up a local lan where all the machines are in the same room.

Wrong,we use 'Hamachi' when we use Lan server it was really useful during patch 1.03 issues with internet.

Here's the download link for 'Hamachi':

Hamachi download link

So every time you have problem with internet(Games Spy) OR want simply have a LAN party with friends Hamachi is a good solution cause it create a virtual network card .

Wrong,

Sorry my mistake I was using the company info for what Hamachi is and did not see the option of using it offline, since you have used it off line you would know better.

"Hamachi is a centrally-managed zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) freeware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration (in most cases); in other words, it establishes a connection over the Internet, to create conditions very similar to that as if the computers were physically connected. Currently available as a production version for Microsoft Windows, and as beta - for Mac OS X and Linux. On August 8, 2006, it was announced that Hamachi was being purchased by LogMeIn."

Wrong,we use 'Hamachi' when we use Lan server it was really useful during patch 1.03 issues with internet.

Hamachi download link

So every time you have problem with internet(Games Spy) OR want simply have a LAN party with friends Hamachi is a good solution cause it create a virtual network card .

RPGHARD,

are you saying that Hamachi works WITHOUT having your router connected to the internet ?

Because, indeed, the online description says Hamachi works with/through an internet connection. You have tried it ?

thnaks in advance

After you have selected "lan only" and you are about to create your game. You can select "Lan campaign" in the menu. Do that twice. Even if it shows "Lan campaign" select it again.

// Mattias

THANKS MATTIAS, WE WILL TRY THAT !

After you have selected "lan only" and you are about to create your game. You can select "Lan campaign" in the menu. Do that twice. Even if it shows "Lan campaign" select it again.

// Mattias

@Wiking,

I know it sounds a bit silly Wiking, but could you please add this bug report to our bug reporting section for comleteness?

Thanks,

Hamachi download link

Hamachi download link

Hi RPGHARD

Actually, you are WRONG. I had a bit of time to test hamachi over lunch time with two computers. Hamachi requires an internet access. As soon as i unpluged the internet link to my router, the himachi network no longer worked.

Anyway, thanks for your attempt to help ..

LMUK

// Mattias

Mattias,

Had a bit if time and did tried it over lunch today with two computers, after unplugging the internet link to my router.

Even after selecting twice (or three of four times even ) the local LAN CAMPAIGN option, the same happened again (waiting for the server message followed by connection timed out /error) .

My sense is that both computers just try to access the internet for some reason.. I guess i will have to wait for a patch.

Do you have any more suggestions ?

Many thanks again for your help.

LMUK

Have been using D-Link router Di-604 (just wired connections) and also tried with a Di-624 ( wireless but using only wired connections) .

Always worked fine with all other games including Graw 1.

Do not really understand the problem here when you are offline. Why would an internet access be required if you have a lan server with all the computers in the same room connected through a router ?

Thanks for trying to help by the way.

Mattias, it did not work today when tried it over lunch today with two computers (when i had a bit of time) after unplugging the internet link to my router.

Even after selecting twice (or three of four times even ) the local LAN CAMPAIGN option, the same happened again (waiting for the server message followed by connection timed out /error) .

My sense is that both computers just try to access the internet for some reason.. I guess i will have to wait for a patch.

LMUK

Mattias, it did not work today when tried it over lunch today with two computers (when i had a bit of time) after unplugging the internet link to my router.

LMUK

What in the world are you guys arguing about? The tread starter didn't even mention hamachi, he's trying to play in an isolated lan, a sandbox if you will.

There is a known issue where the game will 1) Query Gamespy, and 2) Check for an updated version.

One work around is to disable "autologin" if you're going to be LANing it. And if it still hangs looking for an update, give it a minute.

Edited by BOTA:X

All suggestions to date did not work for me ....but thanks for the efforts.

Indeed, you are right BOTA:X, i am talking about a lan campaign game OFFLINE using a router (that is with NO INTERNET connection). Because WITH the INTERNET connected to the ROUTER, it works fine.

GRINWiking, thanks to you too, again, but i suspect your LAN testing at GRIN somehow still had an internet connection. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ISSUE IN YOUR NEXT PATCH. THANKS.

With my friends , we ended up playing again GRAW1 and [GR] coop maps. It was ( again) a lot of fun. But of course, i would like to play GRAW2 next time.

Has anyone successfully played Graw 2 LAN campaign coop via LAN (using a router OFFLINE). Anyone ?

Post the info here . It will be useful to me and certainly to others.

best to all

Lan campaign server is flaky no matter how your setup. I am thinking I need to switch to gigabit on all my machines to play it. I own GRAW2 as well as a friend of mine. He brings his pc and we play co-op I dont autologin and we can join in just fine until we get to the last mission. After the first mission failed it says server timeout. It will not go away until we both exit the game. The load times are horrid enough when you dont have to exit the game totally. Tried various trouble shooting, just some bug I seem to be experiencing since i dont see it elsewhere. It has happened on other missions but only once in a while. I have tried different routers, switches, made my machine the dhcp server, crossover, you name it. Only thing left to try is gigabit cards and switch.

I dont have any other problems hosting even if my internet is offline or not, besides mission 10. The person will join the mission voices start going choppy then it shows user exiting, then server timeout.

• 1 year later...