Ghost Recon.net Forums
Lightspeed

Total Random Respawns Download here...

I have 23 maps packed and ready to go - would appreciate some testing although it should all be working well.

DOWNLOAD

Post any bugs, etc.

Thanks

Lightspeed.

some info plz..

Is it TRR - TDM / S / HH ?¨

------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Wow... great work... not at all what i expected w00t

Edited by Chrisp

for those who havent seen/heard b4 -

2 teams will spawn in one of 4 random spawn points on the map - after that players killed will spawn at 32 random spawns placed strategically around the map - teams have to defend and cover all angles because you wont know where the respawned players are going to attack from.

teamwork becomes crucial especially for clan battles.

5 respawns per player / 20 minute matches / team with most kills or team with last man standing wins.

kits have been restricted to improve balance.

this is a tested beta release - i have about 5 more maps to add and a bit of tweaking. waiting on castle day for final release but plz test it now and report issues.

thanks

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

will server hosts please post here if they install this one on servers ?

that would be nice to know and would make connecting a little more easy,

thanks lightspeed for this mod, i'm sure to test it.

5 respawns per player / 20 minute matches / team with most kills or team with last man standing wins.

Those settings "hardcoded" or can they be changed by i.e adding trr serversetting like this:

(asking since i cant test before gayspy back online :rolleyes: )

<server_settings type="trr">

<even_round value="false"/>

<gamespy_ranked value="false"/>

<match_length value="15"/>

<max_deaths value="4"/>

<max_players value="12"/>

<round_length value="10"/>

<spawn_time value="10"/>

<start_condition value="4"/>

<switch_sides value="true"/>

</server_settings>

God I love you! Finally the possibility to get good old RiS running again! :thumbsup:

Random spawns will always be more fun, especially with only 1 life. :)

i will look at player response re: number of respawns.

and also kit restrictions - i may remove the GL if enuff ppl hate it in there.

duz anyone know if the server settings can override the rules so they could turn respawns off or change match time?

kwik update - i have now finished map 28 - waiting on castle day - and then i put out the final release. so test now to get the bugs out thanks...

oh and another thing - once u pik weapon at start of map you are stuck with it - respawn timer is 1 second. ;)

KITS ARE AS FOLLOWS:- (to improve balance)

Demo - one GL available - primary with ironsights only and no silencer- pistol

Assault - frag/smoke - primary with ironsights only and no silencer - secondary with silencer or sights.

Rifleman - all kits available.

Support - all kits available.

Sniper - m99 is out.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

I have 23 maps packed and ready to go - would appreciate some testing although it should all be working well.

DOWNLOAD

Post any bugs, etc.

Thanks

Lightspeed.

How do you install this? Just create a sub-folder in the mods directory and extract it there?

place the trrpack.bundle in the GRAW2/custom_levels folder and start the game up.

so simple....

should i enable the TAGGING SYSTEM?

i guess i could just set it up that way - and the server settings can enable/disable i believe.

someone confirm that?

scrappping that idea - in order to get tagging in i would have to take the rvsa kits - or create a new weapons mod - and that aint gonna happen at the moment.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

? plz explain?

we havent had any crash issues - not sure what u mean?

oh i think i understand - if u load more then 15 maps at one time it krashes server?

havent tried - i normally load it 3 or 4 or 5 and run tests - if everything works i pull them and test the others.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Question... do you still have the above 15 maps the server crashes issue?

Can someone confirm?

Asuming its the server status script your referring to ?...

solution that seem to work is : http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...45196&st=15

If you have this prob, find this line:

$data = fgets($sock,256);

change it to:

$data = fgets($sock,512);

Then it'll read 512 bytes of data.

Edited by Chrisp

Hey LightSpeed...

great job and nice work. Just to let everyone know, SCE (ShadowCompanyElite) will have this mod activated tonight.

Lightspeed. Nice job on the maps. I really like quite a few of them. training. one of the urban ones. and a few more. Im sorry to be a critic but i have just a few problems.

Why did you hard code settings?

1. why have a match time of 10mins and a round time of 20mins? Shouldn't it be the other way around and allow teams to switch sides? My personal preference is to keep round time and match time the same and set even rounds to true. It will automatically play another round.

2.Don't allow players to change kits with a 1 second respawn? Seriously. If i was taken out by a sniper, I would like the opportunity to snipe him back.

3.Am I seeing this right.... 5spawns? the fastest way to empty a server is to force ppl to NOT play. yes I agree it is alot funner having a match type game environment but the general public is just not that dedicated to stick around. If your gonna limit. Limit to 1. and make match time 5minutes. But shouldn't that be left to the server admins anyway?

4. You have it set up to server starts when all players are ready. What if one of my guys is AFK? not to mention what about the general public that just plain old sux. and dont X up.

I like the addition of trr on stock maps. I wish you would have kept their original names. trr_crashsite I think we all know how big the map is.

I like how you edited the mission maps and changing the spawns is fabulous. great job. There is a-lot of promise on this map pack. Please dont be offended by my comments.

Im looking forward to testing your final product. But I wont put maps on the server that I can not control the settings.

Lightspeed. Nice job on the maps. I really like quite a few of them. training. one of the urban ones. and a few more. Im sorry to be a critic but i have just a few problems.

1. why have a match time of 10mins and a round time of 20mins? Shouldn't it be the other way around and allow teams to switch sides? My personal preference is to keep round time and match time the same and set even rounds to true. It will automatically play another round.

2.Don't allow players to change kits with a 1 second respawn? Seriously. If i was taken out by a sniper, I would like the opportunity to snipe him back.

3.Am I seeing this right.... 5spawns? the fastest way to empty a server is to force ppl to NOT play. yes I agree it is alot funner having a match type game environment but the general public is just not that dedicated to stick around. If your gonna limit. Limit to 1. and make match time 5minutes. But shouldn't that be left to the server admins anyway?

4. You have it set up to server starts when all players are ready. What if one of my guys is AFK? not to mention what about the general public that just plain old sux. and dont X up.

I like the addition of trr on stock maps. I wish you would have kept their original names. trr_crashsite I think we all know how big the map is.

I like how you edited the mission maps and changing the spawns is fabulous. great job. There is a-lot of promise on this map pack. Please dont be offended by my comments.

Im looking forward to testing your final product. But I wont put maps on the server that I can not control the settings.

Agree ..

Plz let us have the ability to set it to our own preferences...

Beside that.. Great mod, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Those settings "hardcoded" or can they be changed by i.e adding trr serversetting like this:

<max_deaths value="4"/>

<spawn_time value="10"/>

</server_settings>

As off right now, it is hardcoded (using the above settings didnt have any effect), hopefully it will be changed in the new version to come...

@Lighty- CONGRATULATIONS on getting this map pack out and in the hands of the fans. I'll be d/ling it to try it out in a few weeks while I'm home. I look forward to seeing your great work for myself! :thumbsup:

Agree ..

Plz let us have the ability to set it to our own preferences...

Beside that.. Great mod, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

<max_deaths value="4"/>

<spawn_time value="10"/>

</server_settings>

As off right now, it is hardcoded (using the above settings didnt have any effect), hopefully it will be changed in the new version to come...

I agree, it's a great start on doing somthing GRiN have neglected but i have to agree when it comes to let us "have the ability to set it to our own preferences" Let us do that and this mod will be rocking.

good comments guys - can fix everything pretty much there.

as i haven't actually played graw2 much or played with server settings tell me this -

can i leave number of respawns out - and server admin can give 1, 2 , 5 or infinite?

i will change all the names of originals back.

match time and round time i dont understand why theyre different - bloody stupid system if u ask me.

i only set one round on each map because the idea of this battel type was actually to allow the Team A to pick first map, Team B to pick second, and Team A to pick 3rd map if it was required. much more exciting that way - instead of playing same map over and over again.

timer i will remove you can set your own times.

all players ready - did i hard code that? if i did ill remove that too.

plaers switching side - b4 a match should be ok - after the match has started? that duznt sound right.

i only set one round on each map because the idea of this battel type was actually to allow the Team A to pick first map, Team B to pick second, and Team A to pick 3rd map if it was required. much more exciting that way - instead of playing same map over and over again.
Grin's maps are only set with 2 spawns. So, the whole logic behind playing a map twice is so each team gets to play from both sides, since each side has it's inherent pros & cons. But, since your spawns are random, there is no need to switch sides, because there is no guarantee that the next match will be any different, or more "fair" to the losing side. Rather than changing your TRR, it might be better for the community to understrand that.

Am I missing something here? Are these maps being created for a ladder? Whats the big deal about settings and How they should be for matches. Laddering is not really taking off anyway. let us control all the settings.

Well, it depends. For example, no respawns does not make sense for this game mode. Also, the number of rounds doesn't matter, either.

Regardless, if you wanted to, you could edit all of his built in settings youself without much difficulty.

As another example, infinite respawns does not make sense in Advance And Secure, because you would never earn bonus points for decimating the enemy, and that would completely negate the entire scoring structure.

No respawns is killing the game mode in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a TRR going, but then you have to wait once you join the server?

I can't give you any other comments because I tried playing for about half an hour but the SCE server kept giving me errors.

No respawns is killing the game mode in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a TRR going, but then you have to wait once you join the server?
Exactly. Lightspeed went to a lot of effort to create 32 random respawn points that don't get used if the server is set to zero respawns. Like I said, server admins should not be able to dictate certain settings. It'd be like playing RvA but turning off the adats. What's the point?

The more I read, the more I'm convinced people don't want tactics or new game modes. They just want more people to kill on more maps. They want to push the other team into a corner and commence a slaughter, without having to think, kinda like the "console kiddies" everyone likes to criticize:

"I don't like TRR because someone could spawn behind me and interfere with me nading the spawn." :rolleyes:

(Sorry Lightspeed for going OT 0:) )

I can't give you any other comments because I tried playing for about half an hour but the SCE server kept giving me errors.

Interesting because no one else on our server is having or had issues. I don't think it has anything to do with the mod or the server? Maybe your location???

Anyway, there are a few issues with the mod.. but I will label those when I have mroe time.. that or maybe Cobb will chime in..