bp weapons pack v1.2

Brettzies

v1.2 - available

mod_db_image_11_500.jpg

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.2 - FileFront Link

Full Mod: WeaponPack v1.2 - Moddb Link

v1.2 Additions

The main addition to this pack is the Barrett Firearms M468 rifle. It uses 6.8mm Remington SPC

rounds for more stopping power. I should have made it some time ago as there has been some interest in it for GRAW1, but I kind of didn’t want to make any more weapons based on the AR15. I was about to write a scope tutorial, however, for some reason I just felt like putting it in the game; especially since it was featured in the x360 game and I used it for most of the campaign in that version. Thanks to WP33 for the “stock†suggestions. At first I wasn’t interested in doing a new stock, but it does give the weapon a more unique feel and helps seperate it a bit from the standard M4A1.

M468 Barrett Firearms 6.8mm SPC

This is the new weapon system added to the mod.

·6.8mm

·28 round mag

·semi auto and full auto fire modes

·custom tweaked sounds

·magpul UBR stock

·suppressor attachment

·tactical grip

·multiple scope attachments

M4A1, M16A4, Mk12, and Mk23

·adjusted damage values for all weapons in pack, including M468

ACOG

·adjusted the zoom value for ACOGs on all available weapons

Aimpoint

·cleaned up the Aimpoint texture a bit

Multiplayer Kits

·added 2 sniper kits to all modes except RvA

·added 3 assault kits to all modes except RvA

·added 3 rifleman kits to all modes except RvA

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah why I didn't get this mod in GRAW1 is beyond me. I love the sounds of all the weapons. The M468 is like a 2 in 1 rifle. I can snipe with it and I can do CQB. I went silenced with it once but it was too loud. I could hear Beasley from pretty far away when he had a silenced one. But the M16, M4, and MK12 are nice. And the MK23. Spaghet about it! LOL sorry but that's my favorite pistol now. So loud like a 45 should be. Very nice man real smooth. I love having the ACOG for all those guns cause I can pretty much snipe with all of em now. ANyways, I'm out. Good job Brettz. Very nice. And the M468 being loud aint a bad thing. I love it. I remember it being loud in the vids I saw. Have a good 'un.

Can you make the EO TECH Aimpoint available for the rest of the weapons as well ?

So far the EOTech has been the most troublesome of the scopes. Why GRIN didn't make it useable for the other weapons only Valhalla knows, but such as it is we've tried and so far no luck. To incorporate it would reguire more animations, and so far they haven't done anything about it, despite numerous requests to GRIN.

Edited by EricJ

I s this for the SP Demo only? I've tried full game version with new patch 1.3 and the BP 1.1 weapons show up, but no 468 or others.

Installed into GRAW2 local folder and everyhwere else in my GRAW 2 with no luck yet.

:hmm: Try the BP 1.2 Version. That should do it.

Edited by JIGGER

Damn bret you really took it to the limits with this one man, i dont kno how you doit . That lib/managers/xml is just jammed packed with information and different building blocks for modding. Def opened my mind to something different. Your just really good at figuring things out fast and effcient , by the way i figured out how to get weapon icons to show up i just dont kno how to create the weapons own bitmap

Again i come to spoil it :P I've been trying this version and it work in coop campaign (hurray!) but.. M468 seem to be little bugged. I picked one with silencer and leopold scope and my friend picked it with aimpont and silencer. In-game i saw his gun with no silencer, and he had scope attached to barrel vertically, and also his gun sounded like it had no silencer. It worked both ways, but also he saw my gun with aimpoint (not leopold like it should) and heard my gun with no silencer. It didnt crash tthe game and in SP it works perfectly well. Heres screenshot so You can see what im on about :

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8012/obrazek1ok2.jpg

>it's me in there and it should be leopold scope...

[edit[ also 'old' guns still seem to crash game. My friend joined game room, we talked and after that i picked M4 and boom, his game crashes. It happens with M16 and Mk12 too. Only M468 works :(

Edited by Thrillseeker

Again i come to spoil it :P I've been trying this version and it work in coop campaign (hurray!) but.. M468 seem to be little bugged. I picked one with silencer and leopold scope and my friend picked it with aimpont and silencer. In-game i saw his gun with no silencer, and he had scope attached to barrel vertically, and also his gun sounded like it had no silencer. It worked both ways, but also he saw my gun with aimpoint (not leopold like it should) and heard my gun with no silencer. It didnt crash tthe game and in SP it works perfectly well. Heres screenshot so You can see what im on about :

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8012/obrazek1ok2.jpg

>it's me in there and it should be leopold scope...

[edit[ also 'old' guns still seem to crash game. My friend joined game room, we talked and after that i picked M4 and boom, his game crashes. It happens with M16 and Mk12 too. Only M468 works :(

It's not you, I was pretty sure this would happen.

Honestly, I don't think there is a fix for this that I can do, I am sad to say. It looks/sounds like the mod_id#(attachment) thing. The same problem that GRAW1 had. Everything works fine in SP, and there's really nothing specific to mp, aside from the templates. Those are just for adding kits anyway to the gametypes. There must be something different in the way mp handles mod_id#s.

The only solution that I think would work, and I really don't want to do it, is to remove attachments from the original weapons to keep the id#s below 32. I might try it as an experiment, but it would not be an acceptable solution to me. I'm sure people would be ###### that the M8 is missing or something else.

Sorry to hear that it continues to be a problem. For everyone else, glad to hear you are able to get "some" enjoyment out of the mod.

rocky, what patch are you using?

Did you have to uninstall 1.1 version??

What folder did you install 1.2 into?

My being stuck with the 416 isn't so bad, just wish it

was the 6.8 cartridge. H&K is rumored to have 6.8

prototypes in both the G36 and 416.

Did anyone watch the 416 on FutureWeapons?

Totally awesome performance!!

I followed the instructions on the pdf. The mod works for me now.

Impressive intro. The 468 is one sweet weapon for GRAW 2!

I'll have to note that the suppressed version is loud.

Barry from Surefire's 6.8 wasn't very loud on tv.

Brettzies, Last night I and a gaming buddy fired up some Campaign COOP and your V1.2 gun mod. I was the host and fired up the server and got in 1st, and while waiting on my buddy to load in, I decided to go ahead and kit up. I grabbed the M4 with a ACOG, Silencer, and GR, MP5SD, Mk45, Nades and Smoke. So I'm ready to go when my bud logs into the server and he gets an error about ammo or something in the script (I cant remember exactly what his error, hes a Cannuk and there was something about aboot, the Bisket in the Basket, Aboot again and a few Eh's thrown in there......Thats a joke Veg!) and he Crashed to desktop. We tried that several times and no luck.

Then I had an idea. I loaded the game, made the server and waited until he was fully kitted and then I was able to pick what I wanted and no crashes. Even in game there was no aimpoint on the muzzle although our silencers were making an awful racket (this was Mission #7 Get me Rosen....that twit!) but all was well....until rosen went Rambo and well....nevermind.

So I wonder if this bug has to do with the host picking a weapon 1st or something. After I figured this out we were able to run all 3 (come on GRIN and fix this already!) Campaign COOP missions with no problems other than us being dumb at times.

So I wonder if this bug has to do with the host picking a weapon 1st or something. After I figured this out we were able to run all 3 (come on GRIN and fix this already!) Campaign COOP missions with no problems other than us being dumb at times.

One thing you can try with your friend is the mp weapon test. Essentially, it is the same, except the attachments have been re-numbered. This is mainly to see if my additions will work correctly. All of the originals will work in SP(everything will actually), but in mp, the originals may cause crashing. So, best to just choose from my list. This is just a test though, not intended to be a fix. Unfortunately, it may also cause crashing if any non-player characters or enemies have any of the original weapons w/attachments. Very hard to debug at this stage, but thanks for your efforts.

MP Test

Sound issues:

The only fix for buggy sound right now is to try software mode with no EAX. Some people have had success that way. The suppressed sounds in GRAW2 are a bit different from GRAW1. I tried to lower the M468 like I did for my other weapons, but maybe missed something or not enough.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If I have time I will see about fixing some things, unfortunately, I'm not sure many can be.

I'm sure somebody mentioned it.. but why is when I modify your textures, it comes out as a chrome texture? Is it the way it's mapped that's causing it because I know I'm doing everything right..